Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is questionable whether GT JACK will be released this week. There is still no request for balance payment in the taobao shop. I think it will be released in September.

No, it has been released more or less a decade ago. Way back then when enterbay also had the license for the terminator franchise and was giving hottoys the run for their money in producing the ideal terminator figure.

For your reference, you can check this old review i googled cause the page from the official Hottoys page could not be accessed at this time.
http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2012/04/preview-hot-toys-dx10-terminator-2.html
holy ****, wow, first time I've ever seen real leather used for a figure, real shame they only did this a gouple of times? I never even seen this done before, they must've only done it on this particular Arnie. There any other figures like this?

First I've heard of it, was this a recent release?

Never heard of them, this would be the second one that I know of using real leather if the DX10 really does use it. It's kind of hard to use at this scale unless it's lambskin or something else that's thin, but good luck sourcing that.
Lot's of companies used real leather both licenced figures and not. Hot toys did it, enterbay did it, obscure companies like Present Toys and DJ Custom did it. There is nothing hard about it, it is surprisingly easy. Why using lambskin or smth thin? Dude come on.. just google "leather thinner". There are skiving machines that can make regular leather paper thin. duh...

P.S. Ok, now I understand your post re "still look good [even] if it [pleather] peels". At first I thought you were joking and now I understand that you just don't know any better. Bro, everything can be fixed with good+quality materials. There are customizers who can do it. You can stop putting-up with mediocrity

Last edited:
Lot's of companies used real leather both licenced figures and not. Hot toys did it, enterbay did it, obscure companies like Present Toys and DJ Custom did it. There is nothing hard about it, it is surprisingly easy. Why using lambskin or smth thin? Dude come on.. just google "leather thinner". There are skiving machines that can make regular leather paper thin. duh...

P.S. Ok, now I understand your post re "still look good [even] if it [pleather] peels". At first I thought you were joking and now I understand that you just don't know any better. Bro, everything can be fixed with good+quality materials. There are customizers who can do it. You can stop putting-up with mediocrity
I said that because there's not a lot of companies that use leather, most of them use pleather, I don't think a couple of non descript one off companies doing it a decade ago are the rule, not the exception.

As for putting up with mediocrity, I don't. My point was it's ******* hard to make leather that scale in mass production. The few examples I've seen are big figures.

First I've heard of it, was this a recent release?

Never heard of them, this would be the second one that I know of using real leather if the DX10 really does use it. It's kind of hard to use at this scale unless it's lambskin or something else that's thin, but good luck sourcing that.
Lambskin is good, goat skin is even better. In my country, it’s not that hard to find. Your perspective is too limited I think. Companies already used it before, but I think it’s a hassle to do it now they end up don’t do it anymore.

Lambskin is good, goat skin is even better. In my country, it’s not that hard to find. Your perspective is too limited I think. Companies already used it before, but I think it’s a hassle to do it now they end up don’t do it anymore.
I never said you could only use lamb skin, only leather that's already thin and supple, cow skin in general is too thick and rigid for this scale unless you treat it apprpriately. I would say pleather is something nobody wants on figures, but it's the only option in this scale most of the time.

I never said you could only use lamb skin, only leather that's already thin and supple, cow skin in general is too thick and rigid for this scale unless you treat it apprpriately. I would say pleather is something nobody wants on figures, but it's the only option in this scale most of the time.

If you want thin and very durable, kangaroo leather is the way to go although it is more expensive than lamb, goat, or cow/calf.

The entire reason why pleather is preferred is because of one thing, money.

Pleather is much cheaper to get hold and manufacture consistently compared to leather works which will have some variations from batch to batch and of course, the higher amount of money which stacks quickly if you are making a lot of figures with leather items.

If you want thin and very durable, kangaroo leather is the way to go although it is more expensive than lamb, goat, or cow/calf.
kangaroo leather is probably the best leather to have period, but getting anything made out of it or sourcing it is expensive as hell, I've tried. Australlia keeps a tight lid on it from what I remember, and you can only get some if a roo is sick or dying iirc since they're protected.

That said, even lamb, which is not good material for jackets, is still top tier for figures, along with any other thin leathers, because you're not subjecting it to the elements and minor care would keep it in shape for years. I sue as hell wish I had real leather on all of my pleather figures.

holy ****, wow, first time I've ever seen real leather used for a figure, real shame they only did this a gouple of times? I never even seen this done before, they must've only done it on this particular Arnie. There any other figures like this?
The recent Wolverine figure from Hot Toys is also sporting a real leather jacket. It's not common but real leather pops up time to time from various companies on random figures.

ly6NiKr.png

With how many people complain about pleather, Hot Toys should have switched to real leather long ago if they're really the top of the 1/6 hobby.

That has me wondering about The Batman cape on both HT and InArt figures.

The recent Wolverine figure from Hot Toys is also sporting a real leather jacket. It's not common but real leather pops up time to time from various companies on random figures.

ly6NiKr.png
I hope companies swap to this in the future. I would pay more for this tailoring, how much more is this than teh standard deluxe figs?

Real leather though won't guarantee the surface won't peel. If a low quality, highly corrected grain leather is used, you can expect the top to flake off eventually.

Back