Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any links? Thanks
They use the Chinese site Weibo, but it's extremely difficult to navigate around if you're not a native of the language. Plus you need an account to do most things, but like Instagram, it still allows you to see posts and pictures. It's hard to find the right hashtags to use to find Gametoys figures and their social media account name is still a mystery to us.

Agreed, there's already enough buzz around their name after both Cloud and Sephiroth turned out as good as they did, and the AC Cloud set attracted more new attention on top of that (myself included). Square are quite protective of their IPs and make a lot of money on merchandising, so if GT get too big for their boots in their eyes, they could easily swoop in and put the ixnay on the whole operation.

Agreed, there's already enough buzz around their name after both Cloud and Sephiroth turned out as good as they did, and the AC Cloud set attracted more new attention on top of that (myself included). Square are quite protective of their IPs and make a lot of money on merchandising, so if GT get too big for their boots in their eyes, they could easily swoop in and put the ixnay on the whole operation.
--

All it takes it one disgruntled collector who got screwed over and couldn't get Cloud and/or Sephiroth and decides to screw it up for everyone else.

--

All it takes it one disgruntled collector who got screwed over and couldn't get Cloud and/or Sephiroth and decides to screw it up for everyone else.
Believe me, I'm incredibly bummed out about not getting Sephiroth in particular, I adore his Remake look, but them's the breaks when it comes to unlicensed figures. Unfortunately not everyone will understand that and like you say, all it takes is one person throwing a tantrum and suddenly the ball's burst.

Believe me, I'm incredibly bummed out about not getting Sephiroth in particular, I adore his Remake look, but them's the breaks when it comes to unlicensed figures. Unfortunately not everyone will understand that and like you say, all it takes is one person throwing a tantrum and suddenly the ball's burst.
--

I wouldn't be surprised if someone already snitched and the ball is rolling behind the scenes that usually involves overpaid attorneys and PIs along with bribes waiting for the hammer to fall.

You can't really permanently shut down a Chinese operation, not unless you're nintendo or bandai, and even then eventually the producers come back. There's plenty of fraud operations in china that do actual legitimate harm to companies like steel manufacturing that get away with more, even if they get axe'd they'll probably come back with a new name, and way of shooting promos.

Hopefully that doesn't happen, I'd rather give my money to gametoys than square given how badly they gouge collectors, gamers and really anybody who buys their products.

You can't really permanently shut down a Chinese operation, not unless you're nintendo or bandai, and even then eventually the producers come back. There's plenty of fraud operations in china that do actual legitimate harm to companies like steel manufacturing that get away with more, even if they get axe'd they'll probably come back with a new name, and way of shooting promos.

Hopefully that doesn't happen, I'd rather give my money to gametoys than square given how badly they gouge collectors, gamers and really anybody who buys their products.
--

True, but again given major issues with collectors getting screwed out the figures due to questionable sketchy business practices by certain vendors along with poor choices made by a number collectors there are bound to be those upset enough to simply ruin it for all considering the brand stated they will not produce another run that further upset the mob.

--

I wouldn't be surprised if someone already snitched and the ball is rolling behind the scenes that usually involves overpaid attorneys and PIs along with bribes waiting for the hammer to fall.
You really love to let your imagination run wild. You are hilarious. 😂😂😂

--

It can be and it's supposed to be, but much bullcrap will muck it up at times.
It is for me. I don't let bullcrap in into my hobby. That would tarnish the mood. What we can do as human "collector" beings , is being helpful and nice to each other. Learn from someone else's mistake and walk with open ears. Hope for the best and the rest of that crap.

It is for me. I don't let bullcrap in into my hobby. That would tarnish the mood. What we can do as human "collector" beings , is being helpful and nice to each other. Learn from someone else's mistake and walk with open ears. Hope for the best and the rest of that crap.
--

Open ears, eyes, and mindset to consider other viewpoints and ultimately choose/decide for oneself.

Damn it. Now I need to go watch classic episodes of Kung Fu starring David Carradine.

"Snatch the GT 1:6 AC Cloud from my hands grasshopper."

Back