Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all of the things people have been saying about KGHobby, I decided to cancel the order for a refund. The thing is, they said that they will refund me but nothing has happened for two days and its already marked as refunded on their store page. Nothing pending on paypal or on my bank. Getting kind of nervous.
Don't waste time, just let paypal unleash hell on them

With all of the things people have been saying about KGHobby, I decided to cancel the order for a refund. The thing is, they said that they will refund me but nothing has happened for two days and its already marked as refunded on their store page. Nothing pending on paypal or on my bank. Getting kind of nervous.
They’re a little slow but they’ve resolved any issues I’ve had apart from 1 which was a manufacturer issue. I wouldn’t worry.

I ended up cancelling my TW order last week when they said it would be delayed till April/May. Started to feel like it's not going to happen. If they have some magic stock coming from somewhere, great, I'll take the hit to not support them anymore. I just got confirmation the money is being refunded (not just their word).

Kit went absolutely above and beyond and had a Cloud shipped to him from a completely different city, verified quality, and then sent out to me. Unfortunately, a little over twice what I had originally paid, but him doing this for me was incredible and definitely speaks for his character.

I want to say this was an expensive lesson learned but I don't really have much takeaway. Back in February or March last year when I pre-ordered Cloud I hadn't really heard of much issue with TW. I'd watched some of Justin's videos and assumed they were reputable for a third party pickup. But, here we are now. Sucks.

All my future business will be with OSK or Giantoys. Kit is even working on payment plan options if that interests you (mentioned a few pages back).
You already got the refund? Another collector told me he's still waiting for the refund because they can't use paypal

Aside from the recent shipping debacles I had with the GT Sephiroth and Cloud figures, I've never really had an issue with KGHobby and have been using them for years. I don't think they're a bad store, just these two transactions were not the greatest experiences... but I've purchased a lot of figures from them since they were just an eBay store and everything I have ever bought from them, I've always received it.

The current state of the world, logistics and the wake of the scamdemic have changed everything unfortunately. Really, buying toys rank pretty low in terms of life necessities and is obviously a very privileged hobby.

Aside from the recent shipping debacles I had with the GT Sephiroth and Cloud figures, I've never really had an issue with KGHobby and have been using them for years. I don't think they're a bad store, just these two transactions were not the greatest experiences... but I've purchased a lot of figures from them since they were just an eBay store and everything I have ever bought from them, I've always received it.

The current state of the world, logistics and the wake of the scamdemic have changed everything unfortunately. Really, buying toys rank pretty low in terms of life necessities and is obviously a very privileged hobby.
Very True.

You already got the refund? Another collector told me he's still waiting for the refund because they can't use paypal
Yeah, I used their payment plan option through Partial.ly and I got an email from Partial.ly stating it was being refunded. Just checked my account today and it's finalized that I did get the money back. So that was good, at least.

And hey, TW also gave me a coupon for my next order! 🙄

Still waiting for a refund on other orders because they can't use paypal. They said they hope to get it up and running again in a month....

--

That's typical/usual for all the suspect vendors ranging from delayed processing, COVID, we refunded you you need check with your bank/PayPal, etc.

Give a couple of more days and then do what you need to do.

Yeah, I used their payment plan option through Partial.ly and I got an email from Partial.ly stating it was being refunded. Just checked my account today and it's finalized that I did get the money back. So that was good, at least.

And hey, TW also gave me a coupon for my next order! 🙄
--

TW Coupon = Give us another chance to screw you over.

Last edited:
Still waiting for a refund on other orders because they can't use paypal. They said they hope to get it up and running again in a month....
That sounds wildly sketchy... Why would that take a month?

Are they saying their PayPal doesn't work?

If they're saying it's going to take up to a month to refund you... Man, that's an even bigger red flag that they're conducting shady business.

I've had smaller local brick and mortar businesses operate with more integrity than these guys and they probably have 1/10 the business and available capital to work with.

If they're saying it's going to take up to a month to refund you... Man, that's an even bigger red flag that they're conducting shady business.

I've had smaller local brick and mortar businesses operate with more integrity than these guys and they probably have 1/10 the business and available capital to work with.
--

So many obvious red flags clearly stated within this thread, but they're dismissed and ignored.

I'm just glad I got my original purchase amount back. It just hurts that I had to pay over double for a figure that I had pre-ordered on day one because of these clowns.

Considering the discussion of the last 10 or so pages of this topic I think everyone here is on the same page. I just feel bad for anyone who still has a pre-order open with them.

Hopefulness isn't rewarded when you are dealing with someone with poor business practices.

Hopefulness isn't rewarded when you are dealing with someone with poor business practices.
--

You can say that repeatedly, but some still have misplaced and unwarranted faith/hope in something that'll never materialize while clock is ticking or the clock stopped and even a refund out of reach.

If anyone is still on the fence, please make the right decision given the all obvious proof within this thread.

Oh I'm well aware of their practices. The refund is for a pre-order almost 2 years old now when TW was still functioning well. However, the pre-order appears dead in the water as the company making the product doesn't seem to exist any longer. So I'm trying to get my money back, but as I said above, there are no reasonable options currently. I do not have any orders left with TW and have written this off as a loss. But there's no reason not to try to get a refund as long as their store is still "active."

By the way Daisy is promoted

IMG_5312.JPG

"Cancellation Assistance"

Translation: "I'm a fake name that you believe is legitimate while I laugh at your gullibility regarding a real refund you're never going to receive, but still consider buying from me so I can take your money again."

All these scumbags "selling" cloud, I really wish somebody who had a line in to gametoys could get them to do a reissue. The money is definitely there, and I'd rather not gamble with some sketchy sellers lookin at these threads.

All these scumbags "selling" cloud, I really wish somebody who had a line in to gametoys could get them to do a reissue. The money is definitely there, and I'd rather not gamble with some sketchy sellers lookin at these threads.

Looking at ebay, it feels like there's fewer Clouds out there in the wild than Sephiroths, which on the face of it is weird but I guess it makes sense if they received more orders for Seph, since VTS wasn't doing one. But that just makes it all the more confusing they'd be unwilling to do a second printing; I feel a lot of people who bought the VTS one instead would go for it now, let alone the people who didn't know it existed until it was already sold out.

Any news on gametoys Zack? I saw some pictures earlier in the thread but I don't know if that was a custom or the figure.

Back