Figma and Revoltech Collecting Thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Appleseed figure Wave series are the best, amazing sculpt & paintjob, it was around $100 mark each when it was 1st launched, price was pretty close to Hot Toys Appleseed price back in those days. They look amazing even inside their box packaging.

wav-deunan_06.jpg

And if you don't mind the original cartoon OVA design the Yamato's gives you best bang for your buck, they have 3 figures 2 version each (1 with CD), nice color & sculpt but more cartoonish. They also have 2 versions of the 1st 3D Movie version but the design is so so.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Appleseed-...820?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3ae0422c

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Appleseed-...uets_FigurineHerosSoldats&hash=item19d8b2785c

I'm not seeing Play Arts Appleseed any good, at least for Deunan, doesn't look Deunan at all. Also i have to say again Playart kai uses rubber materials that smells, something like McFarlane, not sure whether they get sticky overtime due to those soft rubbers.

I think I meant to add in NECA, but I guess from there is all the other lines McFarland, Marvel and DC...
I keep loking at Play arts, coz they have Harlock and Appleseed, and those DC ones are kinda neat.

Oh yeah I have a couple SIC, and SW Black scale to Figuarts/Figma though.

btw don't forget Figuarts also a fierce competitor to Figma & Revoltech.

I think I meant to add in NECA, but I guess from there is all the other lines McFarland, Marvel and DC...
I keep loking at Play arts, coz they have Harlock and Appleseed, and those DC ones are kinda neat.

Oh yeah I have a couple SIC, and SW Black scale to Figuarts/Figma though.

yeah I let those get away. Wish I hadn't. And the Hot Toys ones. Like GitS more... same with her though. Don't want to miss this one, but judging by how they dealt with Link & Samus, it should be right. New Samus too.

For Appleseed figure Wave series are the best, amazing sculpt & paintjob, it was around $100 mark each when it was 1st launched, price was pretty close to Hot Toys Appleseed price back in those days. They look amazing even inside their box packaging.

wav-deunan_06.jpg

And if you don't mind the original cartoon OVA design the Yamato's gives you best bang for your buck, they have 3 figures 2 version each (1 with CD), nice color & sculpt but more cartoonish. They also have 2 versions of the 1st 3D Movie version but the design is so so.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Appleseed-...820?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3ae0422c

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Appleseed-...uets_FigurineHerosSoldats&hash=item19d8b2785c

I'm not seeing Play Arts Appleseed any good, at least for Deunan, doesn't look Deunan at all. Also i have to say again Playart kai uses rubber materials that smells, something like McFarlane, not sure whether they get sticky overtime due to those soft rubbers.

wow, these look great.

wav-deunan_06.jpg

I never saw those they look fantastic.

I bought the Hot Toys version instead coz they only need another 50 bucks each, and Teurus was sub $100. So at that time i felt it was seriously overpriced despite the details & quality. Still now though even though price has rose more than $100.

Wave makes good figures.

I never saw those they look fantastic.

Here´s a picture of my girls on their sexy bike hehehe, That´s the Figma ex:spride from Gantz manga :D

I know the picture is not the best, sorry about that.

10246249_10152402318467415_6994991407909196670_n.jpg

I have been collecting Samurai and Ninja figures, so far the ones I got are revos, figuarts and an ultra act. I can't wait to add a figma character later this year the Ninja Slayer to add to my ninja lineup. Still looking for revoltech Ishida Mitsunari I hope recoltech revisits the Basara series so I can finally get one.

My buddy went and got these for me yesterday. Should have them early part of next week :)

64759_788804501179797_6996374358998830290_n.jpg

Figma ftw.

Figma has much better sculpts, paint job and is bigger than most Revoltech. Revoltech wins in articulation but are more fragile (fragile joints & plastics & rubbers that gets sticky over time) & less aesthetic.

- Figma durable
- Revoltech fragile

I don't know what amazing drugs you're on, but I want some :rotfl

You must be doing sometching wrong to cause figmas to break.

That woody figure is legendary. No figure collection is complete without it :lol
I found the other Kaiyodo Woody (the one with the worried/scared face) at a store in Toronto but came to realize its actually much shorter in length compared to my Revoltech Woody so I ditched the idea of buying that other Woody.

lol krec9, your image got censored and wouldn't display properly :rotfl

So far have the original Gamera as well as the four Revoltech 2014 Ninja Turtles. Probably going to sell the TMNT though

Recently bought the limited edition Figma Berserk Armor Guts, blue/yellow/black/pink Rangers and Broly from Figuarts, and plan on getting Vash and maybe Wolfwood from Revoltech.

Back