Favorite GTA game.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTA fave

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I enjoyed the GTA games, liked Vice City the Best. IMO compared to ther sandbox games out there they are not that good, sure the stared the craze, but I dont think they are the best. One of my favorite sandbox games is The Getaway released in 2002, really gritty story, and really fun. Though I just finished Saints Row 2 today and I have to say it is AWESOME, way better than any GTA game ever, the level of customization is brilliant, so if ya'll like GTA you will love Saints Row 1 and 2.

HL2

I enjoyed the GTA games, liked Vice City the Best. IMO compared to ther sandbox games out there they are not that good, sure the stared the craze, but I dont think they are the best. One of my favorite sandbox games is The Getaway released in 2002, really gritty story, and really fun. Though I just finished Saints Row 2 today and I have to say it is AWESOME, way better than any GTA game ever, the level of customization is brilliant, so if ya'll like GTA you will love Saints Row 1 and 2.

HL2

since the first saints row I've always preffered it over GTA.

Saints row is just a copy cat, and can't match Rockstar's humor and overall unique ways of doing things. And while i did like it it's no GTA!

Saints row is just a copy cat, and can't match Rockstar's humor and overall unique ways of doing things. And while i did like it it's no GTA!

I like the humor to it. It feels like a comedy and doesn't take itself serious.
It doesn't have the depth of GTA but I find it more fun to play.

Agree. They are fun and I enjoyed them, but they just don't have the level of detail tha GTA does.

Well if you guys want a sandbox with detail, im telling you the Getaway. It is like a Guy Riche movie. :)

HL2

I think VC was the most fun as well. But i like the characters the best in gta3 and the story of gta3 the best.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/gnA3Oqfe3ys&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/gnA3Oqfe3ys&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Listen to this conservative texas radio talk show host on GTA 4 when it came out.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/4Qx2xQQ8lLM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/4Qx2xQQ8lLM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Out of the 4 new style GTA's, i only 100% completed Vice City, and 4. Overall if your considering the all around package, i think 4 is the best, because it just takes everything and refines it to near perfection. It's only lack to me is some of the little things previous games had, small extras, more options etc, but it was refinements meant to make the game better so i can kind of forgive it.

Three was a great start but somewhat basic, VC was even better, and had a great cast, San Andreas almost went too far, which is why i think they toned things back down for 4.

Four just has everything awesome, best driving, best cars, best graphics, best controls... just great all around, and i honestly LIKE Niko better than the previous characters. Tony was fun but eh, i hated carl, and nobody liked Claude.

I just hope they do a new one like 4, but finally in another country, lets go back to england :D

I did like 3 the best because it's like classic now....Vice City was cool but too much of a Scarface rip off.

IV is my favorite. The stronger emphasis on story and the characters make it for me.

The thing the series lost when it created Nico as a fleshed out character in a world more recognizable as our own is that it's just not as Itchy-and-Scratchy fun to blow crap up and run over random people and go all postal.

So on many levels IV is the best in the series. But San Andreas is my favorite.

Back