Favorite game this gen.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People ***** about it because it's more of a film than a game, but if they think that they didn't get the purpose. It's the experience and storytelling, not the gameplay but the gameplay does take part since the QTE decide if the character lives or dies... and the game still continues! :rock

I say it because id never played anything like it in my life. At first I struggled with the way it was playing out but after a while, it just felt fresh and the story drew me in. I also loved the fact it kept me guessing and then once I finished it and spoke to my friend about it, I realised just how bad my ending was :rotfl

I had both machines but that game sticks out. It just had everthing and then some :)

I've never seen such a well told story like Heavy Rain. I don't think I've ever been so addicted to a game since MGS1 on PSX. Of course, I was able to snag every ending in it :lol

I think there is at least a dozen different endings. I hope Beyond 2 Souls gets the same treatment.

Its the best story I experienced in a video game period. I love how little decisions would come back and impact the game later on. I actually felt guilty allot of the time. I never saw the ending coming.

Just a masterpiece. And VERY addictive.

David Cage will probably do it again with B2S, Ellen Paige has said it has over 2,000 pages of script. Probably even more decision making in that one.

One thing I truly loved about Heavy Rain was the well composed soundtrack, B2S trailers have amazing music as well.

I actually really enjoyed sleeping dogs..not sure if anyone played that, but i had a lot of fun with it.

Hmmm....mine is pretty strange, but ultimately boils down to a few.
Batman Arkham City....such a game that has me replay so many times that I have it for multiple systems (PS3, 360, WiiU, and now PC), and have 100% on 2 of them. I can't say that it's 100% perfect, but for me it is.

~~Next would be Arkham Asylum, Mass Effect, Skyrim, and Modern Warfare 1.

I actually really enjoyed sleeping dogs..not sure if anyone played that, but i had a lot of fun with it.

Sleeping Dogs was a really great game. I am all about more adventure with Wei Shen. So many storylines(Crooked Nose Jiang knows he's a cop:panic::horror). That is one that fell under the radar, but i think I heard it did well enough that a sequel was being looked at.

Arkham City, Bioshock, Uncharted, Fallout 3 and Skyrim were some of the best games I've played, but my absolute favorite was Red Dead Redemption. To me, that game epitomized gaming this last gen. Addictive gameplay, great graphics, and a good, compelling story.

Sleeping Dogs was a really great game. I am all about more adventure with Wei Shen. So many storylines(Crooked Nose Jiang knows he's a cop:panic::horror). That is one that fell under the radar, but i think I heard it did well enough that a sequel was being looked at.

That is good news. I havent heard anything about a sequel. Nobody i know has even played the game. Tons of fun though.

And just to agree with most people who posted----Red Dead was as good as it gets. I put many many hours into that game.

6 iz da bezt gam uv all tiem!

tumblr_mnq5u7dcXy1r2rbmdo1_500.png

I was tempted to add Tomb Raider to my original post. The lack of a new game+ ruins its chances for me though. Love the first play through, but i dont want to have to play again from scratch without the weapons i put 20+ hours of work in to getting. It should of been optional to start new, or continue. Bit of a fail these days, just about every game has a new game+

I was tempted to add Tomb Raider to my original post. The lack of a new game+ ruins its chances for me though. Love the first play through, but i dont want to have to play again from scratch without the weapons i put 20+ hours of work in to getting. It should of been optional to start new, or continue. Bit of a fail these days, just about every game has a new game+

:exactly::goodpost::lecture

and the multiplayer! :horror

Back