Favorite game this gen.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a tough choice. I really can't just choose only one game as my favorite :gah:.

For now, I'll go with Metal Gear Solid 4. I don't like it in relation to the rest of the series, but it has a tremendous amount of re-playability (trophies, emblems, weapon upgrades, extras, etc). And the cinematic cut-scenes are also some of the best that I've seen in any game.

MGS4 still has the best audio I've ever heard in a game so far. I think it should be illegal to not play this game in surround sound. :lol

Bioshock 1 and Infinite , Dead Space 1 & 2 , Gears of war , Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

I loved Limbo and Mark and the Ninja also.

I went with just Heavy Rain originally, but since everyone is listing multiple games I'll revise it.

Heavy Rain blew me away.

Max Payne 3 was a blast and such a great reinvention of the character.

Arkham City was an amazing sequel.

i really liked heavy rain... I ended up killing everyone my first time playing through it...lol...Then played it again and again..I love the uncharted series. Not too many exclusives on xbox and that was my main gaming system..

i really liked heavy rain... I ended up killing everyone my first time playing through it...lol...Then played it again and again..I love the uncharted series. Not too many exclusives on xbox and that was my main gaming system..

Heavy Rain has tons of replay value.

Generally in order:

#1 Bioshock
Pitch perfect gameplay, story, characters, voice acting, setting, music, sound, atmosphere & immersion. All that without even seeing the main characters face or hearing hs voice.

#2 onwards:
Borderlands 2
Uncharted 2
Far Cry 3
Arkham City
Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 3
Dead Space
God of War 3
Infamous 2
Red Dead Redemption
Max Payne 3
Gears of War
Mario Galaxy 2
Little Big Planet
Battlefield 3
Mass Effect
Mad World
Fallout 3
Skyrim
Bulletstorm
Condemned

Last edited:
I'm going to assume that the Nintendo DS is included as a "current gen" system. And considering that, I'm going to go with the Aliens game for the DS.

Generally in order:

Bioshock
Uncharted 2
Borederlands 2
Far Cry 3
Arkham City
Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 3
Max Payne 3
Dead Space
God of War 3
Infamous 2
Red Dead Redemption
Gears of War
Mario Galaxy 2
Little Big Planet
Battlefield 3
Mass Effect
Mad World
Fallout 3
Skyrim
Bulletstorm

Great list .

[ame="https://youtu.be/EJWHN3qWdiw"]https://youtu.be/EJWHN3qWdiw[/ame]

I can never understand why someone would hate this game? So what it had its problems..But what game doesn't? Not every game is perfect (Tbh never seen a perfect game). This game had an amazing story line,had amazing merc' levels and all. Awesome costumes..(They were different), offered different experiences for each character and for us players.For Chris was action,Leon horror,Jake action and adventure ..And all of 'em had one thing in common:Emotion. So back off this masterpiece. RE forever...

So go back to j...... off playing the old games or ones you like

https://youtu.be/EJWHN3qWdiw

I can never understand why someone would hate this game? So what it had its problems..But what game doesn't? Not every game is perfect (Tbh never seen a perfect game). This game had an amazing story line,had amazing merc' levels and all. Awesome costumes..(They were different), offered different experiences for each character and for us players.For Chris was action,Leon horror,Jake action and adventure ..And all of 'em had one thing in common:Emotion. So back off this masterpiece. RE forever...

So go back to j...... off playing the old games or ones you like

Guess you telling your self how great this game was ....

O6qEtoy.gif

Guess you telling your self how great this game was ....

O6qEtoy.gif

I just copied and paste fanboy comments.

O6qEtoy.gif

:rotfl I was reading through some comments and :lol at some. Oh RE/Capcom fanboys! The reason why RE sucks now...

Heavy Rain was pretty special.

Farcry 3 and Bioshock.

I think Limbo deserves a mention. Never has such a simple design platform game turn me into a tourettes, dribbling mess.

Heavy Rain was pretty special.

Farcry 3 and Bioshock.

I think Limbo deserves a mention. Never has such a simple design platform game turn me into a tourettes, dribbling mess.

People ***** about it because it's more of a film than a game, but if they think that they didn't get the purpose. It's the experience and storytelling, not the gameplay but the gameplay does take part since the QTE decide if the character lives or dies... and the game still continues! :rock

Back