Fantastic Four reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a heavy heart, its seems Fox has removed Fantastic Four 2 from their release schedule................

Fox Unsurprisingly Removes FANTASTIC FOUR 2 From Their Release Schedule

success.jpg

But .... but... wasnt this movie of the year and up for best picture of year?

(sarcasm)

Why Fox doesn't just sell the rights back to Marvel or go the Spiderman route and share the franchise is completely beyond me. Right now I think the only things in the way are egos. Fox is a much stronger studio than Sony, so they know they can drag their feet. So sure they may wait another 3 years to announce yet another reboot. So in the meantime, Marvel will continue to starve the title. Lose-lose all around and both companies will leave money on the table.

Speculation is that Fox and Marvel proper have a contentious relationship, but who knows? It's too bad that Fox screwed this one up so bad. I like the idea of competition for comic book movies like this. It should propel all involved to do better work. But clearly, that's not the way it always works in practice :lol

I actually really want to see this now, just to see how horrible it really is. A lot of people put down TF Dark Side of the Moon, but I thought it was a decent action movie, so who knows.

I actually really want to see this now, just to see how horrible it really is. A lot of people put down TF Dark Side of the Moon, but I thought it was a decent action movie, so who knows.
I was planning on seeing it, even after what I felt was a really bad decision in terms of tone, but after the uniformly terrible reviews I'm not sure I'll even bother renting it.

There are scenes in there that will literally make you either burst out laughing or cringe in embarrassment at its awfulness.

You should give it a shot. :lol

And yes, i'm sorry to say but the Transformers movies were better than Funtastic Foul.

Not just the ending either, most of it.

If they're not just sitting around in a laboratory talking you to death they are involved in scenes with really bad special-effects. :lol

That should be at the top of FF's rottentomatoes page. "I saw this movie once too many..." -jyefever

If I didn't suck at finding gifs I would post the Nicholson Joker agrees one here instead of my crappy sentence. :lol

They'll bury copies of this next to all of the E.T. cartridges :lol

Josh Trank phone home. :lol

Hopefully this means they are finally going home to Disney and Marvel Studios.

They have their hands full though with the roster of characters they have or are planning, so I don't know if they would ever get to them or if they would use the F4 to replace another film. :dunno

I'd love to see a proper Reed interact with Tony and Torch to interact with Spidey and so on

Back