Fantastic 4 diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SolidLiquidFox said:
I agree 650 was pretty high for that one.

I think this line has potential. A low ES of 350 to 400 would kick it off right on such an essential exclusive.

i don't know. The price is pretty low so i am thinking around 750-800.

TOE said:
i don't know. The price is pretty low so i am thinking around 750-800.
Ultimately, it depends on how many pre-orders come in before the time they decide to set the ES. If 500-600 people have pre-ordered by that time, then an ES of 750-800 seems logical. But if the number is only 150-200, then an ES of 750 would be more than a bit excessive.

Sideshow has kept the Marvel dioramas with very low edition sizes on the exclusives for the most part. I doubt there are that many orders for this item since it has so many mixed reviews. It's not a Vs piece and it's not a bust. It looks great but is not making that "must buy" vibe other items get. Not to mention money seems to be tight with a lot of collectors these days.

That's why I say closing the ES quickly on this exclusive would kick off this line well. If indeed it is a new line.

Doesn't anybody else find the faces of Reed en the Magneto statue very similar? Pablo Viggiano is the artist of both, and of course he has a certain style, but I find them too similar....
71751_press03-001.jpg
9012_press05-001.jpg

SolidLiquidFox said:
I just noticed the prototype pics have been removed from the product page. I hope they do darken the shade of The Thing a bit.

or add legs on THING :eek:

I think we just have to accept these diorama/busts for what they are.

I had hope the Gray Hulk diorama had a symbiote Spidey in it but that did not happen either... :lol

RoboDad said:
Ultimately, it depends on how many pre-orders come in before the time they decide to set the ES. If 500-600 people have pre-ordered by that time, then an ES of 750-800 seems logical. But if the number is only 150-200, then an ES of 750 would be more than a bit excessive.
Sounds perfectly logical, but that's 'undercover' inclusive ordering, isn't it? Personally I prefer that the ES is set before the item is going on sale, like it was the case for the Grey Hulk Vs piece. - to bad SSC lacked the communication skills to make sure all their collectors had a fair chance at it. Good that they made things right with the SSE Ardeth Bey 1:1 and the Grey Hulk PF.
As far as I'm concerned, the exclusive on this Fantastic 4 diorama (?) IS essential. I mean, what's the essence of the 'invisible girl' besides all the other essential female qualities we really really really can't do without? :D

Personally I don't think $190 retail plus shipping for any bust is "low". I would have been interested, and it's great you get all four characters, but the price is close to that of a 15-20" comicquette full statue, and that just doesn't sit right. At $100-125, these would have been much more appealing.

So maybe I should amend my earlier post. YES I'm interested in smaller scale statues...but not at the same PRICE! :lol

Could of been good but don't like it esp Richards face, not a fan of Diamonds paint apps either.

Back