Family Guy: Something, Something, Something, Darkside

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the non-Star Wars and non-Family Guy references just like in the regular show.

The ending was classic, I laughed my ass off. I loved in Blue Harvest when it cuts to National Lampoon's Vacation, "Hey kids...roll 'em up."

Spoiler Spoiler:

Maybe i need to rewatch, I just remember walking away thinking you couldn't air quite a bit of the episode.

Some things off the top of my head:

Spoiler Spoiler:

But certainly, the whole punchline of the carbon freezing scene would be lost on the air, maybe still funny with a bleep, some things are, but uncut I think it's really funny because it's not just the words but the delivery.

I think the scenes you mentioned in the spoiler tag would've made it through to TV. There was that whole episode with Brian being racist and blaming it on his father's influence. And the Force "choke"...remember Stewie making Brian stroke his own tail a few episodes back? That was more obvious than the "choke" IMO.

I agree that censoring the carbon freezing joke would take the wind right out of its sails.

Wow. I hate to derail the fun train here but...

After reading all of the positive buzz in here about this show and having enjoyed several episodes of the regular show over the years, I picked this up and finally sat down and watched it.

Awful. Just awful. A chuckle or two, but not the complete laughfest folks in here are seeing. One slavish recreation of a scene after another punctuated by groan-inducing purile humor that just wasn't funny.

The only things I really laughed at here the opening crawl and the jabs Peter and Chris were throwing at each other at the end about Robot Chicken doing a better job poking fun at SW...Chris is right. RC was better(ie: FUNNY)...

As I said, I've found the insensitive, over-the-top gags on Family Guy pretty hilarious now and again...but not this time.

The laughs were few and far between---art work was great--
watch out for the F bombs if watching with young ones

Wow. I hate to derail the fun train here but...

After reading all of the positive buzz in here about this show and having enjoyed several episodes of the regular show over the years, I picked this up and finally sat down and watched it.

Awful. Just awful. A chuckle or two, but not the complete laughfest folks in here are seeing. One slavish recreation of a scene after another punctuated by groan-inducing purile humor that just wasn't funny.

The only things I really laughed at here the opening crawl and the jabs Peter and Chris were throwing at each other at the end about Robot Chicken doing a better job poking fun at SW...Chris is right. RC was better(ie: FUNNY)...

As I said, I've found the insensitive, over-the-top gags on Family Guy pretty hilarious now and again...but not this time.

You're not alone.

IMO, even the opening crawl wasn't that great. The jokes were just too far out there. Juicy Fruit? Really?! How many years ago did those ads stop running? And the more I think about it, the more I can't stand the Rocky montage just because they kept putting the actual Drago scenes into the cartoon.

I did enjoy the carbon scene, and the AT-AT holding its knee was hilarious too. The opening scene where they made fun of Aaron Sorkin and the camera work in The West Wing was great too.

I think the style of humor is love it or don't with these. I agree with what some people said back with Blue Harvest, it isn't quite like regular episodes of the series. I still laugh at them though. I admit there are moments I'm not fond or go on too long, but that's anything, even the actual Star Wars films. I'm happy with it though. I thought the crawl was hilarious, especially the jabs at Fox for being stupid :lol

You know, there were so many moments I cracked up at, I can't even think of them all as I post here, I forgot all about the Wampa, I almost lost it at that moment. I thought the probe droid was hillarious too.

The best part was the intro but there were a lot really funny bits.

I've stayed out of this thread recently since I was waiting for my copy arrive. I just finished watching it. In short, it was okay. I actually liked Blue Harvest better. I agree that they used a few too many nonsensical cutaways. Maybe they got feedback that they stuck too closely to Star Wars for the first one. I did laugh a few times, such as at Luke's line when hanging from the antenna in Bespin. But I just get the impression that they didn't spend as much time on this one.

When you watch it, you'll understand, you can't air this :lol, and if you did it would suck because whole segments would be gone or half the dialogue would be blipped :lol

Do you watch Family Guy or the other McFarlane shows regularly? They do edgier stuff than this every week. And I think I counted 3 or 4 things which would have to be bleeped, which is more or less par for the course. There's absolutely nothing in this episode that would keep it off TV. Maybe they couldn't convince the network to fit in another hour-long Star Wars episode, or they just thought they could make more money this way.

I still have to pick this set up. Did the lunchbox have an old school thermos too?

Nope, the lunchbox is plastic but it is made by Thermos. I only wanted it for the Blu Ray and T-Shirt. I love the Giant Chicken Boba Fett shirt but I was expecting a cover art T-shirt like Target had as the exclusive for Blue Harvest.

Anyone know if they are going to make a T-shirt of the cover art or not?

I've stayed out of this thread recently since I was waiting for my copy arrive. I just finished watching it. In short, it was okay. I actually liked Blue Harvest better.

I agree. Went back and watched the first one the other night and found that I actually enjoyed it more. "Darkside" certainly had its' moments, but overall I think Blue Harvest was much funnier.

Yea, didn't think this was as funny as the original.

Yoda was HORRIBLE.......was just a major miss IMO. They could have done huge things with that.

Dog being inthe bounty hunter list was hilarious the Drago scene was fantastic. Other than that, it was a snooze.

Nope, the lunchbox is plastic but it is made by Thermos. I only wanted it for the Blu Ray and T-Shirt. I love the Giant Chicken Boba Fett shirt but I was expecting a cover art T-shirt like Target had as the exclusive for Blue Harvest.

Anyone know if they are going to make a T-shirt of the cover art or not?

I haven't seen a t-shirt for the DVD or Blu-Ray cover, but they do have a t-shirt of this famous ESB poster done Family Guy style at Hot Topic...

https://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/L...hing-Dark-Side-Movie-Poster-TShirt-232595.jsp

They also have the chicken as Boba Fett t-shirt as well (for those that didn't get the Blu-Ray release with the lunch box...

Lots of hilarious moments but I don't remember laughing nearly as much during the second half of it. No Lando jokes = lame, but I guess with Mort as Lando it wouldn't have been funny anyway. And I agree with others that Yoda sucked.

I've just picked this up along with the Robot Chiken second DVD. Looking forward to finally seeing this as i thought that Blue Harvest was superb.

Back