FAMCON-Sideshow Freaks+Iminime Get Together +Dinner- May 25th 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that's what happened after I left! Glad you finally performed it man, see you have an audience and you didn't need a stage.

Ok! I was at first reluctant to post this but it was a great memory from the end of the evening and I think it would be loved by our community. How could I keep it from everyone! :lol Loved Famcon! :love

Here's me kicking my rap about the Forum and Love for 1/6 customs.

"Custom Figures"

Hope you guys dig it. It was fun as hell to perform for everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLOLmK8vIIo&feature=share&list=UU7uEFWAwrbK0nYQ62k8zhAA

You know what it is!!!! :hi5:

Good time that night. And for the record, Dani drove home :lol

Whew..! Where to even begin? Sorry for the delay with the pics and vids, guys, but right after leaving the show on Sunday I had to go in to work for my 12+ hour night shift job for 3 days straight. I'm finally off today and want to crash, but before I do that, I'll post some of my vids taken during the crazy 1/6 collecting madness that was Famcon!

I had a wonderful time meeting everyone and while the center of the event was supposed to be the 1/6 figures, they almost seemed secondary to the real fun that I had which was getting to know everyone in the hobby who I only previously knew by their forum names, etc.

So many great talents like Scott Peterson, One's Customs, and Silent Surfer to name a few..!
The females of the group were also wonderful and a more than welcome addition to the event! Fumi aka Igor is lovely and cool! Se A is another beauty with great tailoring talents! And of course the other wives and girlfriends that made it all the more fun..! If there were only more of you involved in this hobby it would be awesome!

I'll try to post some pics soon. Many of you will have already seen them on my Facebook album. Here are some of the vids I managed to take during Famcon. It was harder than it would seem to do with all the socializing going on. I hope those that attended will enjoy reliving some of the fun and others that missed it all, will make it a point to go to next year's Famcon!

I hear ya 100%! You'd think it would be all about the con but it really ended up being more about meeting people that you never even saw a pic of but talk to every day on the board. I see all of these pics of the pieces on display and I'm like "holy crap I had these right in front of me and barley soaked them in". For a lot of as choping it up with fellow Freaks really took precedence and the show took the back seat. That is cool as hell!

DSC_0171_zps2f3fdab1.jpg

This is the best pic of Michonne that I've seen yet. Perfect representation of what you'd see in person. Love that sculpt!

So that's what happened after I left! Glad you finally performed it man, see you have an audience and you didn't need a stage.

Yeah, I think at this point most everyone already left, so it was just a small handful of us that stayed to the end which was about 12:30 AM I think. It was great just hearing more stories from Pop, Mag, Bigbroch, and Shorty!

Now I've got to find the time to post my 2 pics. Didn't really get any at the event, so glad that emarae did!

Man! Find the time already! It's just 2 pics!!! :lol So glad to finally have met you! You're one cool dude and it's too bad things went by so fast! But glad you made the trip out to Cali and hope it was all worth your while! Funny how not many people took that many pics! I'm glad I took the few that I have, but I really intended to take so much more! We all were just having too much fun I guess! :)

Silly wife kept me from staying out late with you guys. Next time the wife stays at home!!!

Just don't let her know I said that. :lol

Just put up a few pics on the other thread.

Yeah, I think at this point most everyone already left, so it was just a small handful of us that stayed to the end which was about 12:30 AM I think. It was great just hearing more stories from Pop, Mag, Bigbroch, and Shorty!

Funny how not many people took that many pics! I'm glad I took the few that I have, but I really intended to take so much more! We all were just having too much fun I guess! :)

Silly wife kept me from staying out late with you guys. Next time the wife stays at home!!!

Just don't let her know I said that. :lol

Just put up a few pics on the other thread.

Wow! How clueless am I? I didn't even know there were other threads! Goes to show you how behind I still am compared to you guys! I just can't keep up..! :slap

I'll try and repost the same pics over there just in case others are passing up this thread. D-oh!

That's very cool, Mike! Well executed! Wish I could've stayed longer to witness that (and maybe sung some choruses :lol).

Yeah man! Needed your suave tone singing custom figures! :wink1:

Yeah bro! Opportunity knocked so I opened the door! Glad it was filmed so you could experience it!:hi5:

You know what it is!!!! :hi5:

Good time that night. And for the record, Dani drove home :lol

All good Holmes! What a night fa sho!:hi5:

@darthmag. East meets West! Props to you for your rap. You people must have had a killer time @ Fancom.
:hi5:
:duff

Thanks man! We definitely had a blast!

Yea there are actually 3 threads devoted to this, although this thread was started just for the dinner after the show. :r2d2line
There's another one about the show and the third for pictures taken at the show.

Wow! How clueless am I? I didn't even know there were other threads! Goes to show you how behind I still am compared to you guys! I just can't keep up..! :slap

I'll try and repost the same pics over there just in case others are passing up this thread. D-oh!

Back