Media Fallout 76

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was.
The two big worries for most Fallout fans was if they could solo the game and not worry about getting harassed by other players.
Bethesda has seemingly pulled this off.
Each map/server will only have 24 players max on it. Given how big the map is it won’t be that often you’ll run into others and you can see where everyone else is on the map so you can avoid as well. There is a pacifist mode where other players won’t be able to damage you and you have to actually opt into any pvp action.
There is a hunter vs hunted round robin mode players can opt into by tuning into a certain radio station and you can go after other players that way. Again, optional.
The mechanics are a little different than previous Fallouts but still fun. Perk cards are fun. Graphics are ok. Frame rate was really bad in some cases but the build was an older one according to Bethesda. They do plan on more stress tests.

Cool thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is some really good coverage on the Fallout and gaming channels on YouTube that are covering all the mechanics and news if you’re interested.
Bethesda invited about 100 gaming journalists to play the game with the devs for about 3hrs and ask questions about a week ago.
That was revealing.
Some were impressed others not so much for various reasons.

There is some really good coverage on the Fallout and gaming channels on YouTube that are covering all the mechanics and news if you’re interested.
Bethesda invited about 100 gaming journalists to play the game with the devs for about 3hrs and ask questions about a week ago.
That was revealing.
Some were impressed others not so much for various reasons.

I bought the game because I liked Fallout 4 and the damn helmet they offered. Figured I would give it a shot. My buddies aren’t convinced by it. And then RDR2 is coming out as well, so... I’ll look for the updated coverage.

Yeah Red Dead 2 sounds absolutely bonkers.
Ive got such a huge backlog of games so I can afford to wait for price drops on some of these games.
Got FO76 on amazon for about $46 back when they were doing preorder discounts.

It was.
The two big worries for most Fallout fans was if they could solo the game and not worry about getting harassed by other players.
Bethesda has seemingly pulled this off.
Each map/server will only have 24 players max on it. Given how big the map is it won’t be that often you’ll run into others and you can see where everyone else is on the map so you can avoid as well. There is a pacifist mode where other players won’t be able to damage you and you have to actually opt into any pvp action.
There is a hunter vs hunted round robin mode players can opt into by tuning into a certain radio station and you can go after other players that way. Again, optional.
The mechanics are a little different than previous Fallouts but still fun. Perk cards are fun. Graphics are ok. Frame rate was really bad in some cases but the build was an older one according to Bethesda. They do plan on more stress tests.

I don't know why people would buy this if they just want to solo it. There are better looking, cheaper games out there with more gameplay geared towards single player

I don't know why people would buy this if they just want to solo it. There are better looking, cheaper games out there with more gameplay geared towards single player

But it is not Fallout! I think this easily falls in the wait and see category. Can other players still nuke you if you just want to play solo? Still a lot to learn about this game.

But it is not Fallout! I think this easily falls in the wait and see category. Can other players still nuke you if you just want to play solo? Still a lot to learn about this game.

As stated above, you can have pacifist mode so you don't get other players attacking you. This trend towards online and microtransactions is toxic IMO but if battlefront etc make millions in profit then that's what will happen

As stated above, you can have pacifist mode so you don't get other players attacking you. This trend towards online and microtransactions is toxic IMO but if battlefront etc make millions in profit then that's what will happen

I might bite if I can just play it solo. Hopefully, you can beat the big mutations by yourself as well.

I think this is a good step for Bethesda. This seems to be a stepping stone for other content to go online.

I might bite if I can just play it solo.

What would be the difference between that and playing Fallout 4?

Does this game bring anything new to the table regarding the single-player experience?

Same reason people play ESO. They like the world. You get to the point where you can solo a lot of the content (all the essential quest stuff), but there's also the fun options of grouping up and if I feel like it rip into PvP action as well.

What would be the difference between that and playing Fallout 4?

Does this game bring anything new to the table regarding the single-player experience?

New enemies, story, locations. If they made Skyrim 2 or Witcher 4 and it looks exactly the same, I'd still play it for new quests, story and locations. Still much to see.

Played the BETA over the weekend. I had low expectations. My buddy had even lower expectations. We both were pleasantly surprised. I have the Power Armor edition on pre-order and from what I read it comes with a digital copy of the game (fingers crossed) which will allow for game sharing.

Cancelled the power amor edition.
Decided I had no spot for a giant helmet and am happy to try the game when its 50% off in 6+ months.

So Fallout 76 has shipped from Amazon. Should get it tomorrow. Not sure how much time I will get to play this. You know, work, wife, and 5 year old daughter. Plus I don't think I should be playing this when my daughter is in the room. The monsters from the game can scare her, plus the violence my me killing said monster isn't good either.

Does anyone have an Xbox One edition who would be willing to trade for a PC code? My buddy ended up going console and it would be better if we could play together.

Ok so i ended up buying this from eb for $29 i was initially not going to but the price was more than fair ive been playing for atleast 15 hrs i think, im lvl 16 and this game has some problems mainly the performance is atrocious the worst performance that i have ever seen in a game it stutters constantly to single frames and every single frigging fight it happens. The other thing is the stash limit beth said some bull about how it gets easier as you level up, well it doesnt majority of the gameplay has been inventory and stash management for me. They did say they would increase it but didnt state by how much and when. I also spent a few hours building a house to have a couple of guys kill me while i have passive mode on and destroy everything in my house so if you're thinking of building a house either dont bother or put a buttload of defence up. People give bethesda lots of passes but this game is unacceptable for the price, it should have been delayed so the problems could be fixed but no typical ****ing bethesda had to a release an unfinished game and now they'll patch it a couple of times and leave it in a buggy piece of **** state like they do with all their games and yes i know i know "why would you play a game you hate for 15 hrs????" Well i didnt say i hated it i like the world, music, weapons but thats about it story's almost non existent and the quests are all the same.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:
And part 2: the good things the weapons are certainly an upgrade from fallout 4. Theres new ones and all the old ones from fallout 4 aswell as a few from older games which is always a plus for me, the closer the games are to fallout 1,2 and tactics the better the armor is all the same stuff from 4 aswell but theres a few newer things also full outfits can be worn over armor and youre jumpsuit, speaking of the jumpsuit i prefer the way it looks compared to 4's same goes for the pipboy i do like the way upgrades for youre weapons and armor work aswell, you either find mods in the world that are a one time use but are pretty rare or every time you scrap say a hunting rifle there will be a chance that you will learn a new mod for it unfortunately bethesda does not state this anywhere so collect and scrap everything!. Music is probably the best its been in the series if were only talking about bethesda (cant beat interplays) it finally doesn't sound like fantasy elder scrolls music and the radio has all of the songs from 3 and 4 as far as i can tell as well as multiple new songs and there actually seems to be more music on the radio than ever before. Now for the world, i really think this is the best one they have made for fallout it never looks like fallout 4 and thats a plus, there's some proper destroyed cities and scorched earth looking areas which is what i look for in fallout but if you want lush forests theres that aswell. Lastly ill talk about the graphics ive seen multiple people say how bad the games looks but its the best looking game they have made by far it looks better than 4 and skyrim se and ive seen people say it looks 10 years old it does have the typical bethesda problems though the texture and object pop in are probably the worst its ever been from them and i keep getting a wierd like flash of white on my screen sometimes (i think its the ground dissapearing). The game is VERY flawed but if you want to waste hours upon hours doing nothing.....just play red dead..... just kidding this game is worth playing but not at the state its currently in or the price its currently at so theres my thoughts on the game not a review just my opinions.

Last edited:
I am enjoying it. Nice way to spend time online with distant friends.

I have not had alot of what I consider bad stuttering for an online game. So many folks now expect perfectly smooth 60fps in 4k.....in a world this big with free roam and so many players and detailed....its to be expected.

I am on a PC however, but my system barely meets minimum in the CPU area.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I am enjoying it. Nice way to spend time online with distant friends.

I have not had alot of what I consider bad stuttering for an online game. So many folks now expect perfectly smooth 60fps in 4k.....in a world this big with free roam and so many players and detailed....its to be expected.

I am on a PC however, but my system barely meets minimum in the CPU area.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....
Im playing on ps4. Bethesda's games have always been made poorly on sonys consoles but im also in australia and im not sure if they have servers here because if they dont i think that wouldn't be helping

Back