Falcon and The Winter Soldier (potential) Hot Toys 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As hyped as I am for Captain Falcon, I really hope HT does a "normal" falcon (either show or EG).

That's what I thought until episode 5. Then I realized I'll take Sam either way. He's awesome as Falcon, but episode 5 really sold him as Cap for me. I guess I should reserve judgement until the next episode, but good set up + comic accurate= I like.

I'll reserve judgment until after the episode but based on that quick snippet, it seems like a very flamboyant suit hahaha :rotfl
200.gif

TBH gonna hafta think long and hard about this after all. For one thing, just visually, if it's too OTT - I dunno, with multiple figs on the shelf. And I think more of Falcon as in CW or TWS (with the guns). Which I already own.

OTT wouldn't be BAD, exactly but I can't do just a Falcon/Bucky shelf. Plus Bucky's costume has been so downplayed, so far anyway. At least most recent HT version. He doesn't even keep a knife in his boot or something, which I think is off character.

Zemo, tho, wouldn't even be a question for me.:cool:

Just give me a damn John Walker made out of fabric and not that cheap vinyl material. Is that too much to ask for HT?

Yeah gmoney I am sure that HT will make a John Walker US Agent figure, however I think it will almost certain that it will be made from the same material as used in the Endgame Cap figure. I don’t mind that material but I do understand why some people do not like that rubber/vinyl/synthetic material.

On the other hand I am still excited about the possibility of a Zemo figure being made! I expect that figure (if produced) will feature real fabric.

Yeah gmoney I am sure that HT will make a John Walker US Agent figure, however I think it will almost certain that it will be made from the same material as used in the Endgame Cap figure. I don’t mind that material but I do understand why some people do not like that rubber/vinyl/synthetic material.

On the other hand I am still excited about the possibility of a Zemo figure being made! I expect that figure (if produced) will feature real fabric.

Hmm, I really wouldn't hold out hope on that one...also I find it dumb that the show never explained his purple mask...he wore only in that one episode and then that was it. No explanation, no nothing!

Hate to say it, but MCU TV shows are 0 for 2 in terms of writing quality. It's mediocre at best.

Hmm, I really wouldn't hold out hope on that one...also I find it dumb that the show never explained his purple mask...he wore only in that one episode and then that was it. No explanation, no nothing!

Hate to say it, but MCU TV shows are 0 for 2 in terms of writing quality. It's mediocre at best.

Yeah the mask story goes way back to Captain America comics back in the 1970s (when I was a little kid) it had something to do with his dad wearing a mask during/after WW2 and it getting stuck to his face due to his own invention (Adhesive x) in a fight with Cap. After the original Zemo died his son took over the mantle (after disguising himself as the Phoenix) and went after Cap. I can’t remember how he also ended up with a purple mask and if it was also stuck to his face if wearing the mask was like feeling a warm hug from his dead Nazi father. In any event I agree that at some point soon the MCU should explain the importance of the mask for this Zemo and why he apparently caries it around and puts it on some times. Nevertheless I think/hope we will see a Zemo and if we do I’m buying him!!!

Yeah the mask story goes way back to Captain America comics back in the 1970s (when I was a little kid) it had something to do with his dad wearing a mask during/after WW2 and it getting stuck to his face due to his own invention (Adhesive x) in a fight with Cap. After the original Zemo died his son took over the mantle (after disguising himself as the Phoenix) and went after Cap. I can’t remember how he also ended up with a purple mask and if it was also stuck to his face if wearing the mask was like feeling a warm hug from his dead Nazi father. In any event I agree that at some point soon the MCU should explain the importance of the mask for this Zemo and why he apparently caries it around and puts it on some times. Nevertheless I think/hope we will see a Zemo and if we do I’m buying him!!!

I'm all on board for a swag Zemo figure, but as far as the show goes, for me, it's been kind of a disappointment. So it'll be even more disappointing if HT doesn't make this figure (which we know they won't), so I guess I'm gonna be disappointed no matter what! :lol

Much like WandaVision, I think the show stumbled on the conclusion. Dropped the show down a few notches when viewed as a whole. Still liked it though. If you've watched, you know what figs I'm eager to get now.

the series was unfortunatly only soso ok. Maybe we get a second one? I was dissapointed by the Falcon's new suit. Looks cheesy. Too much comic to my taste. Shoulders like in the 80s :-D no thanks, stick to my civil war Falcon. So much cooler. Zemo fig is def. coming from a third party company. Outfit is not very complicated. I really wished for Bucky to have more hidden functions in his arm, or another cool military outfit. Let's see which figures are being made. HT will certainly do a Falcon Cap...about 300 Bucks or more >.<

Can we have JW with exchangable head? I know people hate him so I am worrying that HT isn't going to make him.

Here's my want list beyond Bucky:
Falcon--Sam finally got an official Falcon superhero suit.
Sam Wilson Captain America--The FalconCap suit doesn't translate quite as well as from the comics as hoped, but I understand why they did it. It might look better if they make the cowl dark blue. I also thought the shoulder pads were too square. The main disappointment is that there weren't any major tech upgrades. That said, some of it might have been rushed plus they were also hampered by Covid delays. I'm sure Marvel will make tweaks for the next movie or S2. I wouldn't be surprised to see HT put this one up today.
U.S. Agent--the suit fans were waiting for.
Zemo--holding out hope, but may not happen until Thunderbolts.

My favorite MCU character is WS; and Falcon was a fav.

Overall tho for me the show didn't land - tho kudos they finished it since production was suspended during Covid. Started off OK but bogged down a lot and even Bucky/Sam relationship was just - tepid.

Only fig I'd pick up is Zemo, who we probably won't get.:(

Can we have JW with exchangable head? I know people hate him so I am worrying that HT isn't going to make him.

Don't think folks hate him, one of the better things about this show is folks felt sympathy for Walker; IMO not unlike Bucky in TWS.

I just don't need a fig of Walker right now $$$$. Figs have just gotten too expensive. But Zemo would also connect back to my CW line-up on the shelf.

Back