Fake Thundercats trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I think if they put it in the right hands, say Peter Jackson or Guillermo Del Toro, then it would kick ass. :rock

If you want it to suck ass, give it to Uwe Boll or Paul W.S. Anderson. :yuck

I agree.. You get PJ or Del Toro on the job... A Thundercats movie could ROCK. You just have to use practical effects and well thought out creature designs, and it could really be epic.

And no Snarf. You'd have to remove Snarf altogether, or make him a non talking pet for the two kids. But I really think it could be done, just would have to be in the hands of a talented filmmaker with a vision. :lecture

Holy ^^^^, thats the stupidest thing i've ever seen. And whats up with everyone using 300 music now?

Oh CelticP, sometimes you can be very grumpy. Cheer up, it's Christmas :santa
I thought it was one of the best fan made trailers I've seen

Oh, and take this :whip for putting a swear in Indy's name. Blasphemy :nono

got to give them credit for there editing job.
well done.

Thundercats was a great cartoon in the 80's but I dont think it will make a great live action movie.

I love the intro of thundercats !!!

It was a great cartoon but you're right, it would not make a great live action movie. Did they ever get of the planet in the end?

I agree.. You get PJ or Del Toro on the job... A Thundercats movie could ROCK. You just have to use practical effects and well thought out creature designs, and it could really be epic.

And no Snarf. You'd have to remove Snarf altogether, or make him a non talking pet for the two kids. But I really think it could be done, just would have to be in the hands of a talented filmmaker with a vision. :lecture

Yeah, no Snarf. He would be the JarJar of the movie.:monkey1

My sentiments exactly, I mean look at all the great creature effects that Weta (Lord of the Rings) and Spectral Motion (Hellboy 1 & 2) did, there is no doubt in my mind that not only the Thundercats would look great, but the mutants and Mummra would be awesome as well. If you really want a director with vision, go after either one of those guys.

Definitely no talking Snarf, he would have to be a live cat of some kind and just a sidekick.

I must suck, cause I thought that was cool :eek:

I do think a live action could work, with the right people involved.

Get De Toro, if Hellboy can be done live action so can Thundercats.

Pretty cool for a fan made film. I personally think if done right(not quite like this:D) a live action Thundercats could be pulled off.

If they could do it with Transformers and people love it then they can do it with the Thundercats.

I'm with you in what seems to be the minority. This thing makes me think a live action movie could be very cool. The only way I see even a well constructed one could be looked on poorly is if to make it work in the LA format it has to depart significantly from some of the origins and purists take offense to that.

With the right story, actors and designs, a live action movie could be great. Any subject matter can make for a great movie if handled right. Compare Batman and Two-Face executed by Joel Schumacher and Christopher Nolan, one works, one doesn't.

While I can see where the Bay-ness of Transformers bothers people, I felt the adaptation into a realistic and believable context worked.

With the right story, actors and designs, a live action movie could be great. Any subject matter can make for a great movie if handled right. Compare Batman and Two-Face executed by Joel Schumacher and Christopher Nolan, one works, one doesn't.

And that's a perfect example. You've got both extremes. One absolutely awful and cartoony and the other cooler than cool and very grounded. Done right Thundercats could be a huge success.

I think Thundercats AND He-Man could be made into fantastic, epic, fantasy films.

As Ill said, you just need a visionairy Director with a great effects team at his disposal. On top of that, the material must remain grounded and treated with the same care and respect of any top shelf epic film.

If they made it very realistic, took the concept of both of these stories and worked it into a tight well thought out script... Both could be insanely good.

Even if they were not cartoons, you have to imagine them as if the basic plot were being explained to you by a writer. If you take out all of the cheesy crap that came later, and just focus on the expansive universe the characters inhabit... and the characters... You will see that they are no different than any other Fantasy or sci fi film.

I remember when people said that LOTR was impossible to commit to film, that it was too deep and had too many crazy characters... It would be insane and wouldn't work. But look at it now. Same with Hellboy, some thought it was a crazy idea... We all know how nicely that worked out.

Nothing is impossible in film, all that is needed is someone with drive and skill to push it forward and on to greatness.

I think Thundercats AND He-Man could be made into fantastic, epic, fantasy films.

As Ill said, you just need a visionairy Director with a great effects team at his disposal. On top of that, the material must remain grounded and treated with the same care and respect of any top shelf epic film.

If they made it very realistic, took the concept of both of these stories and worked it into a tight well thought out script... Both could be insanely good.

Even if they were not cartoons, you have to imagine them as if the basic plot were being explained to you by a writer. If you take out all of the cheesy crap that came later, and just focus on the expansive universe the characters inhabit... and the characters... You will see that they are no different than any other Fantasy or sci fi film.

I remember when people said that LOTR was impossible to commit to film, that it was too deep and had too many crazy characters... It would be insane and wouldn't work. But look at it now. Same with Hellboy, some thought it was a crazy idea... We all know how nicely that worked out.

Nothing is impossible in film, all that is needed is someone with drive and skill to push it forward and on to greatness.

I completely agree. Thunder cats and He-man both could be made in the right directors hands. Before Peter Jackson I never would have thought the LOTR would have been able to make the jump to the big screen from the cartoon version, but WOW! So really their is so much that can be done in graghics, computures, scripts and a good director that it's almost impossible to say that it can't be done.

:lecture Well said Josh! :rock

I read somewhere that the new He-Man movie that Joel Silver is producing is going to be done in the same style as LotR, let's hope that's true.

Back