fake autographs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

posterguy

Super Freak
Reaction score
I recommend reading redditor fakeautographs , he sniffs out these crooks every day

Piece of the Past & Hollywood Show are involved in forgery ring led by POTP , several ebayers like jackmselland colbystreet aid POTP sell fakes and POTP also sell on liveauctioneers......ive emailed them like 40 times yet they still refuse to remove POTP

Also mixed bag dealers need to get their stuff together , way too sloppy

Personally I never trust signatures unless it's a CGC piece or bought from an official seller. I know there are places that verify signatures but I don't need anyone's signature that much to go down that route. Too many dodgy sellers as you say

I don't buy autographs unless I'm in line at a con waiting to meet the Celeb and get the autograph myself. The only one I have that I didn't get myself is my Henry Cavill as that was a gift.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/starworld-los-angeles
read what Scott Michaels (owner Dearly Departed tours L.A) wrote in yelp 2016 review , he lost 1000s......Kevin Martin is also a Rocky Horror fan and items disappeared in his care. He also told me he "lost" 2 items I sent to Hollywood Show in 2011 , then 2019 I see some fool trying ebay them......of course KM doesnt know this man :rolleyes:

(Starworld was owned by Elkouby , hes been to prison theft movie props 90s & arrested 2019 by Burbank pd 2019 for theft & drugs. Hollywood Reporter did article , seems he bought B Lee Game costume , similar sold thru spinks 2013 auction for 100k (!) : a forgery , wrong seams/baggy......real one was snug fit leotard. Real costume is now mia)

KM has sold some very valuable graphs at bargain prices : Jacko sgd photo 200 (sgd LP is worth 2k) , Prince 300 (sgd photo from 2000s when he stopped signing early 90s) , Dean 500 (this is worth like 10-15-20k ? , yeah NO......h*ll no !) , Monroe 1k (worth 8-10k+) , S Jobs 300 (lol , he totally shunned signing) , Madonna 100 (worth 500-700ish)

POTP bbb review 2021 (KM stole items to avoid refund)

Hollywood Show now has a Eastwood private signing , under NO circumstances would I buy from HS EVER again !

Last edited:
Personally I never trust signatures unless it's a CGC piece or bought from an official seller. I know there are places that verify signatures but I don't need anyone's signature that much to go down that route. Too many dodgy sellers as you say
I wont buy from Galaxy Con , someone bought Mario Lopez and turned out it was secretarial........GC refused the customer refund

Attachments

• Galaxy Con fake m lopez , customer refused refund.jpg
    Galaxy Con fake m lopez , customer refused refund.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 0
buyer beware

AAU has certed fake Bruce Lee's
POTP sell both AAU and Global certed items , both authenticators are dubious
KM claims to be "reknown court certified expert" yet cant ID sec Heston or Liz Taylor
KM bs a lot but when it comes to refund , forget it.......Elkouby , same thing , he goes into hiding like a coward
KM sold underage nudes of Brooke Shields & Traci Lords , illegal
jackmsell & colbystreet are POTP straw sellers , jack sold 5k worth of dubious 007 graphs certed by german forger Bondcollectibles as well as a Robert Shaw certed by POTP : Shaw never sgd Avalanche Express items , he died the yr before it came out. Sig in sharpie with no fading after 45 yrs , what clown does he have forging these ??

There ARE legit dealers out there on ebay but these conmen make it difficult for them

Attachments

• fake jacko - autopenned lacks proper flow.jpg
    fake jacko - autopenned lacks proper flow.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 0
  • HS 2.4.23.jpg
    HS 2.4.23.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 0
  • HS 7.1.23.jpg
    HS 7.1.23.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 0
  • totally fake lee.jpg
    totally fake lee.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 0
  • AAU cert - dubious authenticator.jpg
    AAU cert - dubious authenticator.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 0
  • autopen burn marks Meriwether - from 2011 order.jpg
    autopen burn marks Meriwether - from 2011 order.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 0
  • stan lee funko.jpg
    stan lee funko.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 0
  • prince stopped signing early 90s - photo from 2000s.jpg
    prince stopped signing early 90s - photo from 2000s.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Kobe sgd ball.jpg
    Kobe sgd ball.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
If you're buying autographs from deceased artists you will always be risking getting a fake even with all the certifications from "professionals" there's no real way to actually prove they signed those unless there's video evidence.
I can't even tell you the amount of people that still fall for Joker pictures "signed" by Heath Ledger when he passed before the movie came out.
A trustworthy and relatively new way that people can get autographs is through live signing services like Streamily, back when Covid hit and cons had to close a lot of actors and actresses had to resort to online cons where they signed your print live on camera and I got a bunch of autographs that way.
I've also heard SWAU is trustworthy but they aren't allowed to film people signing stuff.

SWAU is definitely legit. I've bought from them before. And I've seen their setups at conventions. One of the few places you can actually trust out there.

SWAU is definitely legit. I've bought from them before. And I've seen their setups at conventions. One of the few places you can actually trust out there.
That's good to hear, I ended up getting an Ashley Johnson spot from them for a pretty penny right before she sold out but I considered it as a birthday gift for myself lol she will be signing at NYCC in October. It will be amazing having Troy and Ashely's signed prints next to the 1/12 figures.

CA was formerly Gridiron so I wont be buying from them , why take the chance and get stung

https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/in-case-you-need-more-reasons-not-to-buy-from-ca.1128335/
quote from rebelscum : "Have you thought that perhaps Gridiron were struggling to make ends meet, weren't able to afford more celebrity signings and so decided to sell fakes because of their situation ?"

im sure Hollywood Show would have the same excuse......i pity those that buy Eastwoods from HS , talk about gambling......

"Regardless, in the future these Fords will never carry the value of opix or psa because they will not pass authentication of the Star Wars experts including Steve at psa. They will always be in question and that's as good as fake. I'd never buy one, even at 1/3 price, and everyone I know wouldn't either. Sadly we're a small portion of the market and they'll still have no problem churning them out to ignorant people who don't know the companies history"

Just my 2 cents about CA

"it's pretty much common knowledge in this hobby that the signer can't often tell the difference between their own signature or a good forgery" , same when I met Meriwether in 2016 , she didnt notice what HS sent me was fake but her daughter saw it was fake

Last edited:
https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/hollywood-show.1132431/
Hollywood Show & Piece of the Past still linked despite what KM claims , minimum 9 dealers aid POTP sell fakes on & off ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2648439338...ChDxEH192pAmIoHGLkgcoolKU=|tkp:Bk9SR_aQot7DYg
What is up with ending of "e" in Lee and the "M" ??

IMO , lack proper flow and not her hand writing , autopen is my guess

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2648439241...Bl8Yt8iMvHLCBlZjhGUIwK68A=|tkp:Bk9SR_aQot7DYg
the "M" , wth ??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265561033439?hash=item3dd4abcadf:g:gcAAAOSwouliFDFL
HS previously tried selling fake Stan Lee sgd funko

Last edited:

pos conman

@cammobunker

Nice that he ripped off thousands of people on eBay and not only is allowed to participate in ecommerce AT ALL, but does not apparently have any restitution to pay back and is making money hand over fist. Nice that you can rip off kids and parents and collectors and then sit there and brag about how you're doing great and could easily do it again tomorrow (quote from Cliff Panezich interview)

Last edited:
PSA authenticated Scarlett Johansson with certification number AA31538 is a forgery. It doesn’t matter if PSAcard website said it is authentic. A sticker will not make a fake autograph turns real. It will always be fake. This certified crap was first sold by seller hurryupshrimp on eBay

forger Myron Ross died , he was linked to Hollywood Show , HS let him peddle his junk there

The only problem with getting anything authenticated by a third-party company, is that there's always the likelihood that they'll go out of business - leaving you with a certification that isn't worth anything. That might be a problem if you need to resell in a few decades, if a holographic sticker or a certified letter from a defunct company is your only proof.

SWAU is fairly new in the autograph game. I didn't even see them at NYCC last year, but they were advertising a lot this year. I decided not to go with their authentication services at the con, because their mandatory holo stickers are permanent and unsightly. Needless to say, unless you're having a photo or throw-away piece signed, it's not wise (in terms of preservation and collectible value) to paste permanent stickers on any of your valuables.

Back