Expanding my Lord of Rings collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.marts

Super Freak
Reaction score
hello all

At the moment i only have one lord of the rings statue Gandalf the grey the one with the light up wand. I'am looking to expand my collection as I am new to collecting. I'am after statues which are big 16 - 17inch high, I don't want to aragon as strider and the others as they are small but i'am interested in Gimli and the son of Gondor it says for son of Gondor it is 24 inch but thats including the height of the flag from base, does anyone the height from base to head.

hello all

At the moment i only have one lord of the rings statue the gandalf the grey the one with the light up wand. I'am looking to expand my collection as I am to collecting

I'am after statues which are big I don't want to aragon as strider and the others as they are small but i'am interested in Gimli and the son of Gondor it says for son of Gondor it is 24 inch but that including the height of the flag does anyone the height from base to head.

If you have the Gandalf PF, the other statues won't be to scale with it if that matters to you.

i know gandalf the grey is huge i like son of gondor and gimili all my states are about 16 to 23 inch so i wonder how they would like against them

SSC has two different Lord of the Rings lines right now - the Premium Format line is built to quarter scale (1:4) and the statue line is built to approximately one sixth scale (1:6). Gimli and Boromir will not be in scale to Gandalf, as the one you have is a Premium Format.

would i be sorry to get son of gondor as i'am so tempted with the pose

You'll only be sorry in one aspect - financially. You will want to get all the previous released statues. Yes, they are that good! You will most likely sell off your Gandalf to get the statue of him and have a set that is in one scale and slowly growing into one of the best LOTR statue lines ever made.

Furthermore, if you get Gimli, the attention to detail will blow your mind on that piece. Gimli is a fantastic piece and I suspect Boromir to be great as well.

Simply put, I don't think you can go wrong.

You'll only be sorry in one aspect - financially. You will want to get all the previous released statues. Yes, they are that good! You will most likely sell off your Gandalf to get the statue of him and have a set that is in one scale and slowly growing into one of the best LOTR statue lines ever made.

Furthermore, if you get Gimli, the attention to detail will blow your mind on that piece. Gimli is a fantastic piece and I suspect Boromir to be great as well.

Simply put, I don't think you can go wrong.

Alas I will never part with my Gandalf the grey as a wizard his power towers them all. I will ponticulate whether I will get son of gondor and gimli.

Would comic con bring more lord if the rings premium formats

The Premium Format line is growing slowly, there's Ringwraith on Steed and Sauron in making but it will take a few month until we see them beeing released.

Back