Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so my 2001/Keir Dullea figure just arrived, and it looks really great. At first blush, it pretty much matches up with all the pictures you've seen online. The quality also appears to match those photos, with no stitching or quality issues that I can see. Thankfully, nothing is jumping out at me as a "The pre-production photos look better than the real thing".

On the other hand, there is one glaring problem: the ungloved hands are not included! As advertised both on their Facebook page as well as the purchase page, both gloved hands and regular hands are supposed to be included, but I've looked high and low, and it only comes with the gloved hands. I suppose I could be an idiot and they're right in front of me, but I don't think I'm that stupid. If anyone finds them, please let me know.

Photos to follow shortly.

Here are some quick photos. Sorry in advance for some of them being pushed to the warm side.

4AkJwPy.jpg

HM647pW.jpg

xLCukuc.jpg

rCHIzBy.jpg

My9ckmQ.jpg

CNW31vL.jpg

OMG! What a fantastic job they did with this!! Mine should be coming soon.

I'm betting these will sell out soon. I'm hoping Executive Replicas will strongly consider doing the Eva Pod. I'll even prepay the $1,500 if they want.

Also hoping they do the silver suit...please please please do the silver suit Executive Replicas.

Thanks for the pics, Racer-X.

Not impressed at all with this figure. For the price, it just doesn't look like a high-end figure.

Will pass on this one but :clap for those of you that are happy with it. :duff

I'm waiting for this one too... Hope it looks more impressive in hand. The head sculpt is not well painted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the package art and think the piece looks really good. Congrats to those who could afford all three or even two. I paid three payments for my one, Dave!!! Should be here Tuesday...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

$390 is not expensive for a limited run figure like this. Considering that there may never be another run of these, expect the aftermarket prices to double or maybe even triple in a few years. At that point it may be expensive.

This suit is also more accurate than the aborted 2000 Twinch suits. On eBay the Twinch suits go for over $1000! And that is with no figure inside!!

How's the articulation on the figure? Is the suit very restrictive? I have the Poole on order. Anyone else getting him? Post some shots when you do, especially the face and back of the suit.

Understand why some folks won't want to get this, but as a Twinch Squad victim from 15 years ago, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to finally get a 2001 space suit. And I concur, there probably won't be another one of these available for a long time.

I think the articulation is fine for a fictional futuristic spacesuit. I didn't want to leave any creases in the suit material, so didn't move the arms much, and will leave him positioned as I show above.

Why does it look so tall? First off the head sits up way too high, like 2X neck length high. That can be fixed I suppose. But beyond that his shoulders are than the Hot Toys Superman. So unless it's the perspective of the shot or the boots are elevated, may require a body swap. Not a fan of the head sculpt, but can keep the helmet on until another solution is found down the road. Anyway a lot of money (I got all three) and looks like there is going to be more aftermarket work required to get this to where I'll be satisfied. I almost feel like returning it when it arrives, but we probably won't see another for quite some time. Ugh.

edit: I just realized that the helmet is off on this. The coupling ring is too high and sitting on a rigid extender instead of flush (unless it's assembled wrong), and this just from comparing the box art. That's why the neck is unusually long. And that's compounded by the oversized head, never mind the sculpt. How in the heck can Executive Replicas plaster the photo on the box and then produce a figure with an inaccurate helmet system? Good grief. This may be my last order from this company.

Last edited:
Why does it look so tall? First off the head sits up way too high, like 2X neck length high. That can be fixed I suppose. But beyond that his shoulders are than the Hot Toys Superman. So unless it's the perspective of the shot or the boots are elevated, may require a body swap. Not a fan of the head sculpt, but can keep the helmet on until another solution is found down the road. Anyway a lot of money (I got all three) and looks like there is going to be more aftermarket work required to get this to where I'll be satisfied. I almost feel like returning it when it arrives, but we probably won't see another for quite some time. Ugh.

edit: I just realized that the helmet is off on this. The coupling ring is too high and sitting on a rigid extender instead of flush (unless it's assembled wrong), and this just from comparing the box art. That's why the neck is unusually long. And that's compounded by the oversized head, never mind the sculpt. How in the heck can Executive Replicas plaster the photo on the box and then produce a figure with an inaccurate helmet system? Good grief. This may be my last order from this company.

Wow yes... What happened to that neck!?

Ok, so my 2001/Keir Dullea figure just arrived, and it looks really great. At first blush, it pretty much matches up with all the pictures you've seen online. The quality also appears to match those photos, with no stitching or quality issues that I can see. Thankfully, nothing is jumping out at me as a "The pre-production photos look better than the real thing".

On the other hand, there is one glaring problem: the ungloved hands are not included! As advertised both on their Facebook page as well as the purchase page, both gloved hands and regular hands are supposed to be included, but I've looked high and low, and it only comes with the gloved hands. I suppose I could be an idiot and they're right in front of me, but I don't think I'm that stupid. If anyone finds them, please let me know.

Photos to follow shortly.
I would definitely contact Executive Replicas and ask about the ungloved hands. It may just be a mistake by those responsible for packaging.

I have a request: I was promised a credit on the box; I haven't heard back from Ex Rep in a while, and my free figures haven't arrived yet. Could you please tell me if the name 'Andrew Hammond' appears on the box anywhere? (or take a photo and show me) Thanks much.

...can someone who already has it tell us how it compares to other 1/6 figures in hight? It looks way too tall on the last photos. Also if it looks like the neck length can be reduced somehow?

I have received no email from Executive Replicas about my order. I got an email asking for the full payment at the end of December, so I paid but nothing since then.
Should I receive an email about delivery or will it just be delivered?
I'm in the UK does that effect it?

I love the suit- looks like a 14" tall figure!
The front pack looks insanely pefect- yes the head is too high- maybe needs fiddling alittle to be pushed down? The collar ring is too high but with some futzing? Looks like you might have take it straight out of the box without messing with it. Yes the ungloved hands should be included...hmmmmmm

Please post pics of back of the figure and backpack!

A couple of replys.

1) Box credit: Yes, it's there - congratulations! - but I can't in good conscience spoil the complete surprise by showing a picture of it.

2) Hands: Here's a pic of the interior. The only place the hands could go is the square cutout; that's where the desiccant bag was located. All other cutouts had something else in there.

NQfe1jm.jpg

3) Neck area: It looks like I didn't push the head down all the way, but I only lost another millimeter or so of length. Compared to the picture below, it looks fine to me, so I'm not complaining. As for the spacesuit neck/collar, I agree it might be a bit too high, but I think that's a real-life issue, in that the helmet isn't heavy enough to push down the material, like the real life-size helmet did on the actors. I can physically push down the helmet and the collar area will push down with it, but then it springs up again.

IFChAm6.jpg

4) Overall height: I think my last two photos in my earlier posting show the overall height pretty well (Even if they were from yesterday when I hadn't pushed the head down all the way. I'm also not a pro at taking pics of my figures). I just checked against the Christopher Reeve figure again; if they were to scale, I would guesstimate that Keir Dullea (6'-0") is about 6-8 inches taller than Reeve (6'-4").

Hope that helps.

Thanks! This is helpful.
So if I don't misunderstand what you mean and we assume that Reeve has the correct proportions, Dullea would stand app 6'-11" tall in this version? Instead of the 6'0" he was supposed to? ...uh.

Back