Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because its a masterpiece and has many followers.

Mh yes... I don't see the resemblance other than the year they were made and both are masterpieces. Did the POA line fail? It's hard to say when only releasing (awesome) gorillas and not the main cast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I noticed these details missing too. I'd be interested in a laser-etched antenna (or three) if you produce them. I noticed the vertical part of the antenna is made with three thin wires; the center wire is true vertical, and the other two lean to the left and to the right about 2 degrees. If you laser-etch this design, it might be a good idea to make the vertical part of the antenna a single wedge shape, with the three wires raised and the spaces between them recessed. Then the two spaces between the three raised 'wires' could be painted to match the helmet color, to give the illusion that there are empty spaces between the three wires. Sound like a good idea? Making it one piece would give it added strength, as opposed to reproducing three VERY narrow, fragile wires.View attachment 238658
Adding the text would be great too. Also, the white rectangles on the ER helmet need to be linked together with white paint, so the rectangles aren't separate from each other- an easy fix, with some white paint and a steady hand.View attachment 238663

The helmet is small so I'm considering dry transfers for the letters and antenna, which under a lot of handling may wear. But I would have the option of reapplying the transfers. My figure has just shipped. I'll look to see that a metal antenna could even be bonded at that small size and thin lines without the glue ruining the helmet finish and the glue showing around the metal. I think dry transfers are the way to go. If I sell them I'll offer multiples for a single order to help in reapplication situations.

Got mine last night but I've only opened Poole. The paint on his head sculpt is excellent, as is the likeness. Can't wait to get them all open and I'd definitely go for a silver suit - maybe with a Dr. Floyd head sculpt?

I noticed the antenna is missing on the back of the Executive Replicas space helmet as well as the letters and number on each of the black memory modules. I might do a laser etched metal plate for the antenna and water decals or dry transfers for the memory modules. If there is enough interest I might offer it to others.

View attachment 238652
Yes that would be great! I'm in...

Well, I got the tiny Twinch last year when they were offered. But these are much, much better.

Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

150320_SCI_CompMath_2001.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

Got mine last night but I've only opened Poole. The paint on his head sculpt is excellent, as is the likeness. Can't wait to get them all open and I'd definitely go for a silver suit - maybe with a Dr. Floyd head sculpt?

Just got my DHL shipping number from Executive Replicas and it shows it leaving Hong Kong!

Suits look great, congrats to the owners.
Im waiting to see how the mods make the figure look like and i might end up getting one :)

I got the Red and Yellow figures yesterday but not the blue spacesuit. That seems weird I think. I e-mailed Executive Replicas to see if there is a problem, it says on my Paypal invoice I ordered all 3, maybe the blue suit will come latter, it seems weird though.

Oh and btw the quality of the Keir & Gary figs are fantastic. Really impressed with these figs. They do seem a tad on the tall side, that's the only thing.

Could anyone please measure the hight of the figure without the helmet? I'm just interested in how much 'out of scale' these are. If Dullea is in fact 6'0" the figure should be exactly 12" tall I guess. And Poole with 6'3" should be 12.5". ... + boots.

Could anyone please measure the hight of the figure without the helmet? I'm just interested in how much 'out of scale' these are. If Dullea is in fact 6'0" the figure should be exactly 12" tall I guess. And Poole with 6'3" should be 12.5". ... + boots.

Poole is 12.75
Duella is 12.5

I got the Red and Yellow figures yesterday but not the blue spacesuit. That seems weird I think. I e-mailed Executive Replicas to see if there is a problem, it says on my Paypal invoice I ordered all 3, maybe the blue suit will come latter, it seems weird though.

Oh and btw the quality of the Keir & Gary figs are fantastic. Really impressed with these figs. They do seem a tad on the tall side, that's the only thing.

I'm in the same boat - emailed them and was told the blue was shipping separately.

I was going to do a body swap because of the height, but after getting Bowman out of his suit and trying it on another body, I found that I didn't shave any height. Looked at a couple of bodies, but none would have cut him down to size, so I left him on the original body.

I'm in the same boat - emailed them and was told the blue was shipping separately.

I was going to do a body swap because of the height, but after getting Bowman out of his suit and trying it on another body, I found that I didn't shave any height. Looked at a couple of bodies, but none would have cut him down to size, so I left him on the original body.

Sounds like it's the long neck then?

Back