Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know who does excellent head sculpt repaints that is fairly affordable. I think the underlying head sculpts on the Executive Replicas astronauts are quite nice. The paint apps seem to be okay from what I see in pictures at this point, but I think a more refined paint app on the head could really help the realism of the figure.

Since I've never sent out for a repainted head I wonder if anyone has any suggestions.

Here are some quick pics of mine.

I am getting ready to head to the airport, so I was in a big rush.

IMG_0003_1_edited-1.jpg

more pics in a few...

IMG_0004_2.jpg
IMG_0006_4.jpg

I inserted a TTM22 body into the blue suit. (no futzing)

Here is a group shot of my "other*" figures and the Executive Replicas blue suit. I don't have the ER red and yellow suits... yet.

*I hope that is ok.

IMG_0001_6.JPG

Just Got my set from ER
They are WAY better then i could have imagined
I had all 4 of the Twinch figures ( they were lost in a fire :yuck)
These BLOW them away in detail and fit plus they have the figures!!!!!
Here 's to Executive Replicas !!!!!
I would like to wish them a lot of success with this license, I hear
there will be many cool other 2001 offering from them

IMG_2407.jpg

The blue suit with the TT body looks the best so far... hopefully having the shorter body (aside from bunching around the legs) will help give the piece better proportions.

A lot to like here; hopefully with some mods they'll be spot-on.

The blue suit with the TT body looks the best so far... hopefully having the shorter body (aside from bunching around the legs) will help give the piece better proportions.

A lot to like here; hopefully with some mods they'll be spot-on.

It'd be nice if someone pulls the ER body out and figures out what the best TT body matches to avoid the bunching around the legs.

Oh man, I'm going to have to get the yellow Poole and blue one now. My wallet is starting to hurt in a good way. :panic:

It'd be nice if someone pulls the ER body out and figures out what the best TT body matches to avoid the bunching around the legs.

Oh man, I'm going to have to get the yellow Poole and blue one now. My wallet is starting to hurt in a good way. :panic:

Oh no... I'm starting to get the urge to get Poole as well. Only have Bowman on preorder. Where in the US would you buy Poole? BBTS only has Bowman and blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no... I'm starting to get the urge to get Poole as well. Only have Bowman on preorder. Where in the US would you buy Poole? BBTS only has Bowman and blue.

executivereplicas

blue suit pics show me how nice the suit is and easy to remove- that is terrific!
Yes gotta get the blue suit but they need to get the lunar silver suit out!!!!!!!

All of mine arrived today. Haven't taken them out yet, but from the pics the body swap and smaller head should help quite a bit. I wonder if there are enough ER purchasers who would be interested in commissioning smaller, HT style sculpts of Dave and Frank from one of the talented sculptors on the forum. I certainly would be.

Would an alternate head sculpt include a Hot Toys type paint app? I might be in for new head sculpts, but I am not set up to paint it.

Take a close look at your new stuff that came, maybe the head just requires a repaint and the size is fine.

I noticed the antenna is missing on the back of the Executive Replicas space helmet as well as the letters and number on each of the black memory modules. I might do a laser etched metal plate for the antenna and water decals or dry transfers for the memory modules. If there is enough interest I might offer it to others.

er vs real helmet.jpg

Yeah I noticed these details missing too. I'd be interested in a laser-etched antenna (or three) if you produce them. I noticed the vertical part of the antenna is made with three thin wires; the center wire is true vertical, and the other two lean to the left and to the right about 2 degrees. If you laser-etch this design, it might be a good idea to make the vertical part of the antenna a single wedge shape, with the three wires raised and the spaces between them recessed. Then the two spaces between the three raised 'wires' could be painted to match the helmet color, to give the illusion that there are empty spaces between the three wires. Sound like a good idea? Making it one piece would give it added strength, as opposed to reproducing three VERY narrow, fragile wires.2001-A-Space-Odyssey-2001-Helmet-Red-2.jpg
Adding the text would be great too. Also, the white rectangles on the ER helmet need to be linked together with white paint, so the rectangles aren't separate from each other- an easy fix, with some white paint and a steady hand.text - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Back