EXCLUSIVE LURTZ up on ebay already !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlock664

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, it didn't take long; there's already an auction on ebay for the 1/4 EXCLUSIVE LURTZ ! ( SIDESHOW LURTZ EXCLUSIVE SOLD OUT LORD OF THE RINGS Item number: 6593103559 ). What I don't understand, though, is how this is allowable under ebay rules. I thought their policy was that delivery of the item had to be within 30 or 60 days, or somesuch ? The auction clearly states delivery 3rd Quarter, so the seller isn't trying to be deceptive, but will ebay yank this ? Better yet, would anyone actually bid $150.00 over retail for this item this soon, then wait up to 9 months for delivery? :confused:

It is against ebay rules but you cant expect them to go thru thousands of listings created everyday. They will remove it when someone reports a breach of rules.

You can't blame them for trying. It makes me wonder how this figure WILL do on the ebay market. Other peices that were limited to 750 are doing well like Orthanc and the Witchking. Will this Lurtz...being the first in a new line and limited to 750...command 2...3...4 times is MSRP? What do you think?:google

Vonhahn said:
Will this Lurtz...being the first in a new line and limited to 750...command 2...3...4 times is MSRP?

No, the Weta pieces didn't have a regular edition run also. If the Weta Balrog had a regular run with a different base, then the original wouldn't be worth so much.

There's no way these exclusives will be going for Orthanc and Balrog prices when you can get the regular version for less than retail. Who would pay $2k for the Lurtz exclusive if they could get the regular for $250?

The Weta days are over. The regular edition size will determine the price on ebay. Its probably going to be high making this another ebay steal when it ships, just like the 1/4 scale Starwars figures which hit rock bottom.

I agree with Monster, weta days are over! Too many trying to make a quick buck and the market gets stupid... when these people leave the market and it slows down a bit, the weta days will likely come back but very slowly. Will take years...

I hate that stuff. Selling something you do not have for 9 months is ridiculous! It is also against ebay rules, and anyone who reports him will result in the listing being ended.

I thought their policy was that delivery of the item had to be within 30 or 60 days, or somesuch ?

It's 30 days. These things irritate me greatly, since they don't possess the item yet (the item doesn't even exist yet!), and haven't even purchased the item yet--Sideshow doesn't charge until shipping time. So you have a non-existent item that you haven't purchased, which cannot be provided within 30 days. That is clearly against Ebay's listing policies. It's always good to report these things and hope they get taken down, so that maybe eventually the scalpers will give up and leave the original orders to the fans. Also, NEVER bid on them! Get on the waiting list--you have a very good chance of getting it, and you will be keeping your money out of the hands of the people who kept you from ordering one in the first place because of their greed. Now, selling it at some point after you pay for it and have it in your possession is up to you, but this kind of preorder scalping is against the rules. Sadly, Ebay doesn't do a good job of enforcing those rules.

Yea, I agree the "Weta Days" are over...

Like was said, who is gonna spend alot of money for the exclusive when you can get the regular version for retail? I doubt the bow would help command an extra $1,000 or so....not happening.

We need half of these scalper sharks to leave our hobby.

I have no problem with investing in the hobby, but, when it gets to this point when people are listing them on eBay 8+ months before it comes out, it's ridiculous, and in the end the fans that really wanted one get left in the cold.

And, before anyone asks...Yes, it was sold out before I could order mine. :eek:

I got on the wait-list yesterday afternoon, all taken care of.

LOl, yeah, trust this seller:

>>>>Buyer's Beware, item never arrived no reply to email's or pay pal claim
Buyer biklinictoo ( 1067) Dec-12-05 08:00 8713292228<<<<

elwood49 said:
No, the Weta pieces didn't have a regular edition run also. If the Weta Balrog had a regular run with a different base, then the original wouldn't be worth so much.

There's no way these exclusives will be going for Orthanc and Balrog prices when you can get the regular version for less than retail. Who would pay $2k for the Lurtz exclusive if they could get the regular for $250?

Yea elwood I agree its up to Sideshow if they want their stuff to be worth something in the end. You cant do that with large edition runs even with exclusive versions.

kierbaudy said:
I agree with Monster, weta days are over! Too many trying to make a quick buck and the market gets stupid... when these people leave the market and it slows down a bit, the weta days will likely come back but very slowly. Will take years...

I agree, the exclusive won't get to extremes in price, like the balrog etc. simply because of the "regular" edition...If Lurtz 1/4 was ONLY 750 pieces....THEN, it might have been a different story...The "Weta Days" are over...once SS realised that demand was outstripping supply..(oh, so many years ago...), they proceeded, to meet public demand...And, who could blame them. Meaning that nearly everyone who wants one, gets one, for a decent price.....And when you're in this for the COLLECTING, then that's all that matters...Enough ranting..:peace

Meaning that nearly everyone who wants one, gets one, for a decent price.....And when you're in this for the COLLECTING, then that's all that matters...

Sideshow is out to please the collector, not the reseller for profit. They would rather make 2,000 collectors happy than 200 scalpers rich. They certainly don't get a share of the Balrog's Ebay profits--they got their original $300 per figure, and that's it. What do they care if a piece doesn't grow to eight or nine times its original value? I'm sure they want to see them at least retain their value, and appreciate a little over time (and some publicity never hurts), but what happened with some of the prized SSW pieces was the exception, not the rule.

darth dyp**** said:
I agree, the exclusive won't get to extremes in price, like the balrog etc. simply because of the "regular" edition
Thats true, if you check the auction tracker the value of the PF of SW doesnt increase only increase few dollars but not more , Lutrz will go to 500 maximum i think.

Back