Exactly how BIG is the Predalien you ask? I'll tell you how BIG...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep that is one huge ass piece... looks good too. And actually your pics make the paint work look better than others I've seen :lol

Damn I want this guy even more. But April is going to be a real +++++ of a month. If Sideshow gets these towards the end of the month, I might be able to pull it off otherwise it's going to get canceled. :monkey2

Didn't like the movie too much, but the figure is awesome.
I can hardly wait to see these boards flooded with pix when all of yours start rolling in. :rock:

I really don't know what to think of the size, however, IMO the ALIENS Queen should still be a bit bigger. From what I've seen...her head alone is as big/tall/long as the Power Loader! :monkey5

I think Hot Toys can pull it off too. The joints on the Predalien are stiff as hell and able to hold the figures weight without a problem.

Furthermore, I think Elder_Predator2 is right. The paint is a bit flat (like I've mentioned before), but it looks good in dim lighting. :eek::monkey3

I have it displayed in my IKEA-Detolf right now. His head is almost touching the shelf above him but he looks fine.:chew

Thanks for all of your comments guys.
:cool:

That thing is freaking enormous. Those pics put this into a perspective I didn't know I was in for. Certainly surprised me.

********* guys!
I was working up the courage to cancel the predalien to make room for the Medi-Alien and now you have to go and post all these neat little pics... :lol

What the hell am I going to do now...

I love it! And believe it or not, I don't think the paint is all that bad! :lol
(ducks and hides from Facebox :D )

Yes, it needs tweaking here and there, but the overall colors are not that shabby. It's the lack of spots and light colors here and there that make it miss.
But, if you never got it repainted (and the HUGE rubber mid-torso is gonna be hard to repaint with any standard paints...), then leave it as is.

Since I got mine today, I'll post it here is mine with my others, so you can see scale with my set...

PA002.jpg

I stood my AVP-R Alien up almost upright, so you can see they are both tall...

PA001.jpg

And my entire collection of Preds with the PA in one shot...

PA004.jpg

Big yeah! HUGE! But not half a Queen by any means!

And again, I like the paint on mine.
I'll try and get some tweaks in after my break, but for now, it looks ok to me.
Maybe when I get it tweaked, I will feel differently.

But, GET ONE! This thing rules!!!

And Maulfan, the outer mandibles you have gone on about are interesting. They are seperate parts altogether that pivot and rotate sort of up and down, and open and stretch the "tendons" in there, as well as open wider outward a bit. Interesting way to do it for the toy. VERY dynamic! Inner mouth and tongue are less than stellar, and the teeth color is too dark, but that can be fixed.

All in all, I like it! Damn glad I got one!

Hey Les, is that an A:R repaint I see? :D

Yeah, but it looks repainted (well, it is Les' collection after all :D) and I think I heard Les talking about trying his hands at a custom A:R alien.

Just for fun, a pic of the NECA Predalien prototype:

EDIT: Took down the image as I'm not sure if some of the stuff in the background can be shared...

Last edited:
Yeah he probably fits fine because most of the time he's in a semi-crouched
"sneaking" position and never stands up completely !

Back