Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After 5 hrs of waiting (3.5 hrs from when the store was actually opened), I finally got the iPhone 5. The phone is super light compared to my iPhone 4. Now I got to figure out what all the new 200 features are.

Are you guys in the US buying full price iPhones or upgrading through a carrier? I read somewhere that they're cutting unlimited data plans on Verizon and AT&T and this trend, which is migrating to Europe, too, is crap, considering how much data the new smartphones can use.

I would think upgrading through a carrier. A 64GB iPhone is $399. If You got one with no contract, it's upwards of $699.

Yeah, it's crappy that there are data limits. The only choice for unlimited date access here in the U.S. is Sprint.

Apparently we'll soon have a Google Maps app on the app store, so i'll just be watching out for that.

I am not sure why Google would do this. Unless they put a huge price tag on it what do they gain? They are in a battle with apple, they obviously wanted more money or apple just didn't want to pay anything anymore. Now you have lots of apple users wishing they had google maps back, why not use that leverage to get them off apple devices over to your devices.

I am not sure why Google would do this. Unless they put a huge price tag on it what do they gain? They are in a battle with apple, they obviously wanted more money or apple just didn't want to pay anything anymore. Now you have lots of apple users wishing they had google maps back, why not use that leverage to get them off apple devices over to your devices.

Time will tell I guess, but maybe, just maybe - Google cares for the millions of iPhone users who love Google maps :dunno

Google has always been about free and open source. I doubt they will change their ways too much. Not everything is about money to them. They resisted many lucrative ways to market their search engine.

:slap type "YouTube" and you should see it. It's also under Charts "Free" and should be the #1 download right now.

Nope, it's still not there. "Podcast" is the #1 download right now. Unless you're referring to the iPhone. I happen to be using an iPad, so it might explain the different apps that we're seeing.

Back