Ever pre-sign for a UPS delivery?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisCJ99

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So, tomorrow I'm supposed to have the new iPhone delivered but I'm going to be at work... And I won't be home/available to have it delivered until next week. I've never pre-signed for a shipment, and I'm curious what everyone's experience has been with it. I live in a relatively nice area and the apartment building is pretty nice. But I'm curious if I should pre-sign for this, because I realistically won't be able to get it until next week....... :dunno

I usually ask UPS to hold packages for me and I can pick them up after work. I'm never home for deliveries and my local office is open until 9:00pm which makes it much easier.

But I'd be concerned about signing for something that expensive and having it left on my front door since that shows you accepted the package and absolves UPS of any responsibility. Even in nice areas you still get the occassional turd that might be passing through and decide to take your stuff :lecture

It depends on what they require for signature. I dont remember if its fedex or ups or both but there is a direct signature option which means they have to have it signed by a person at that location not even a neighbor sign or sign the slip.

It depends on the driver my driver at my old apt would let me sign ahead of time. After they attempt to deliver it yu can request hold and you can go pick it up on sat.

So, tomorrow I'm supposed to have the new iPhone delivered but I'm going to be at work... And I won't be home/available to have it delivered until next week. I've never pre-signed for a shipment, and I'm curious what everyone's experience has been with it. I live in a relatively nice area and the apartment building is pretty nice. But I'm curious if I should pre-sign for this, because I realistically won't be able to get it until next week....... :dunno

I did it with my iPhone last year. Didn't have an issue. It was waiting for me when I got home. You do have some risk though obviously associated with this.

If you live in an apartment building, isn't there a front desk that can sign for it and hold it for you?

Back