EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it true that in ireland theres a town completely full of brazillian people :confused:

:lol where did you read that. We have quite a few Brazilians but no more than other ex-pat groups. We hope to be world champions by 2020 though. :lol

actually I think you maybe right but I'm not sure which town to tell you the truth.

:lol where did you read that. We have quite a few Brazilians but no more than other ex-pat groups. We hope to be world champions by 2020 though. :lol

actually I think you maybe right but I'm not sure which town to tell you the truth.

Faily much, there's a couple of hundred Brazilians working down in and around Gort. They came to work in the meat processing plants in the area. I think out of a local population of 2400, 600 are Brazilian :)

Last edited:
got my fedex bill just now.
$159.99 item,
$32.24 shipping,
$192.23 total/£121.42, plus £1.25 overseas bank charge

disbursements out of the scope of EU VAT, £21.06
clearance administration charge vatable at 0%, £10,
total fedex fees, £31.06

grand total (inc bank charge)
£153.73.

same item, £149.99 at play.com. granted i got sideshow points which will hopefully come in handy and a gift card which i doubt will. i'd have got cashback from play, about a fiver maybe.

Well I've got a HT Wolverine and a Mystique comiquette coming from SS now (both been processed today) so it will be interesting to see how this goes...

If Customs wouldn´t apply SOIVRE inspection in Spain the price of the statue with the new shipping strategy will be almost the same than price with Uk Warehouse but applying SOIVRE inspection is more expensive by $30, I guess, I have to check the new fee.

got my fedex bill just now.
$159.99 item,
$32.24 shipping,
$192.23 total/£121.42, plus £1.25 overseas bank charge

disbursements out of the scope of EU VAT, £21.06
clearance administration charge vatable at 0%, £10,
total fedex fees, £31.06

grand total (inc bank charge)
£153.73.

same item, £149.99 at play.com. granted i got sideshow points which will hopefully come in handy and a gift card which i doubt will. i'd have got cashback from play, about a fiver maybe.

Not too much of a difference there so pretty good. How much can we import without the import fee is it about £130?

Not too much of a difference there so pretty good. How much can we import without the import fee is it about £130?

if you're actually asking me, i wouldn't know. not too impressed i can get the same item for cheaper though over here though from play, FP or whoever, granted it wouldn't be as quick and i couldn't get exclusives. i'd rather have it cheaper and slower though and dont often buy exclusives.

if you're actually asking me, i wouldn't know. not too impressed i can get the same item for cheaper though over here though from play, FP or whoever, granted it wouldn't be as quick and i couldn't get exclusives. i'd rather have it cheaper and slower though and dont often buy exclusives.

Do play have it instock though? they seem to get stuff months after people have got them from SSC. For you it's ok cos you don't mind waiting but if i was only going to pay £10/£20 more and have it a month or two sooner i'd pay that little bit more.

Do play have it instock though? they seem to get stuff months after people have got them from SSC. For you it's ok cos you don't mind waiting but if i was only going to pay £10/£20 more and have it a month or two sooner i'd pay that little bit more.

what i got play dont have in stock yet, it's only on preorder. and yeah, i'm happy to wait but like you say some people aren't, to each their own.

what i got play dont have in stock yet, it's only on preorder. and yeah, i'm happy to wait but like you say some people aren't, to each their own.

Sometimes it makes perfect sense to wait as some of their prices do indeed work out better i've even had pretty big savings on new stuff from ebay sellers. :lol

I would only order exclusives from SS. If your not interested in exclusives then buy local if possible.

I don't have the prices handy, so I can't give you the detailsright now. Let's just say it's awfully expensive for the zombie and rather okay for the Alien.

However, shipping was really weird. As I said earlier, I got a shipping notice with tracking number from Fedex for the zombie. It was delivered and about a week later, I got a letter from Fedex to pay for the custom fees.
the Alien was completely different. Never got a shipping notice, no tracking number, and they didn't deliver anything. I had to call them and prepare a check to give at delivery...

So weird, complicated, no real savings... where's the fabled win-win situation there? :(

The problem will also arrise when/if you have to send back a damaged statue as you'll get hit for tax/duty all over again.
Put a fork in me i'm done.

The problem will also arrise when/if you have to send back a damaged statue as you'll get hit for tax/duty all over again.
Put a fork in me i'm done.

Not true. When you get the replacement Sideshow clearly marks on the paperwork that it is a replacement (a special tariff code) and thus it does not incur any taxes/duties. :peace

Maybe for Canada but you get hit with V.A.T on replacement goods into the UK. The delivery company might give you a discount , but customs won't.

Back