EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope it works out for all you Euro freaks.;)

Changes have worked out great for us down under with the latest PF postage costing me half of what it used to.:cool:

Booo hope your team gets beat tonight for rubbing it in! :mad: :lol

Seriously though it is good to hear it's working out well for some people. :)

Okay, so here's the latest update for me.

So if you recall, I had kept two items pending and cancelled the rest, just in case. I got notified last week that I had a Fedex shipment coming (zombie punk) and it arrived this morning.

So first, let me tell you that for me, the main issue wasn't the price, but the hassle with customs. To make things clear, I'm single, I work as a teacher, so obviously, not being at home during delivery time I have things sent to my job. the trouble here is since I'm teaching, I can't be there to receive the items, so the secretaries get them. Therefore, if there's something to pay to the courrier, and I'm not here, it becomes a problem!
so here was my main issue...

Now in all fairness, I was pleasantly surprised this morning. I've bashed Sideshow precedently, but since I'm an hones guy, if things work fine, I have to say so...

I haven't had time yet to check the total price, but I'll let you know later about that.
However, nothing changed this morning upon delivery. I didn't have to pay for any custom fees (but maybe a letter will come later about that, yet when this is the case, there's usually a sticker saying so on the package, which isn't the case here!).
second surprise, I was expecting a Fedex courrier, but it was delivered by a local courrier I know (though the package definitely states Fedex, so I guess they delegate stuff to smaller companies)

So, all in all, I'm rather happy here. I have another package (Big Chap Alien) coming soon, so I'll wait and see if things work out the same way there. If so, then I'll reconsider and buy again from Sideshow!

Hope it works as well for you guys! :D

... I didn't have to pay for any custom fees (but maybe a letter will come later about that, yet when this is the case, there's usually a sticker saying so on the package, which isn't the case here!).

Good that it turned out positive for you thus far 16k, but I wouldn't be to sure that this is the end of the story. I hope I'm wrong, but it is very likely that you'll be getting an invoice from FedEx, and going by the information SSC has given us on their site, that invoice could be up to 20 euro for that 12" Punk (19.6 VAT + approx. 6.5 duty + FedEx advancement fee)! If you don't get an extra invoice, all the better! But it can take up to 4 weeks to arrive. It will be interesting to see how this will turn out as a reference for France. For Spain, it turned out very fortunate, since their government apparently charges about 7% VAT in stead of the expected 16%. Huge difference! Anyway, good luck 16k.

Last edited:
Good that it turned out positive for you thus far 16k, but I wouldn't be to sure that this is the end of the story. I hope I'm wrong, but it is very likely that you'll be getting an invoice from FedEx, and going by the information SSC has given us on their site, that invoice could be up to 35 euro for that 12" Punk (19.6 VAT + approx. 6.5 duty + FedEx advancement fee). If you don't get an extra invoice, all the better! But it can take up to 4 weeks to arrive.

That's indeed, very possible...

I've had stuff shipped from HLJ that ended up exactly like that. If that's the case, I'll stop buying from Sideshow as I don't picture myself sending a check or calling to pay through CC every time I get sent something! :(

That's indeed, very possible...

I've had stuff shipped from HLJ that ended up exactly like that. If that's the case, I'll stop buying from Sideshow as I don't picture myself sending a check or calling to pay through CC every time I get sent something! :(
What do you mean? Paying FedEx?

Well I got quoted $54 on shipping if Bowen Retro Hulk my invoice turned up today and it only $38, so that was a pleasant suprise. I used reward points on this beauty so will be interesting to see what I get charged on because my final bill was for the discounted amount, I'll let you know what happens with FedEx, oh and I received my final invoice and shipping notice within a few minutes of each other giving me no time to cancel if I'd wanted to.

Well I got quoted $54 on shipping if Bowen Retro Hulk my invoice turned up today and it only $38, so that was a pleasant suprise. I used reward points on this beauty so will be interesting to see what I get charged on because my final bill was for the discounted amount, I'll let you know what happens with FedEx, oh and I received my final invoice and shipping notice within a few minutes of each other giving me no time to cancel if I'd wanted to.
It is only normal that the final invoice from SSC is only for the effectively payed amount. It is always like that. But yes, it will be very interesting to see if we have to pay tax/duty for the full retail value (likely, since full price is mentioned on the box), or only for the effectively payed amount (sideshow invoice).
I have a couple of items coming which I fully payed for with rewards points. I asked customer service how these orders would be handled by FedEx, regarding tax & duty. The answer I got from EU customer service was something in the likes of "we always have to mention the full price of the item" and "we don't know how much your country will charge you for taxes".
So, it still remains open how customs (and thereafter FedEx) will handle these specific orders. Would be nice if SSC could come up with a legal formula to avoid extra costs on reward points orders. But, as far as I know, there are also taxes to be payed for items won in contests, so, to be honest, I'm not very hopeful to be spared the taxes and duties on items which we "earned" by buying directly from Sidehow.

Last edited:
guys,i received my invoice for white elektra..
shipping is 55 dollars.

What do you mean? Paying FedEx?

That's right! When I pay for something, I want to pay everything in one instance and to the same company. I don't want to pay the item + shipping to sideshow and then VAT or custom fees to Fedex!

If Sideshow was at least able to pull this out, everything would be back to normal for me!

All I know is I recieved 2 cobra snipers from Alterego today, Shipping costs was 46 dollars for the figures and there was no taxes or vat or charges of anytype even though the customs forms declare the value of the figures to be 180 dollars.
Befors that I got 6! 12 inch figures together , shipping was around 90 dollars and again no extra charges.

Im afraid for 12 inch figs its exclusives only from sideshow.

For any Canadians that are interested.

Just received the Legolas PF, and the breakdown and comparison is as follows

Shipping: $10.93 via UPS, took 5 business days to receive.
Customs charges: $92.86 :horror

The shipping is definitely cheaper but b/c SS used UPS the customs is through the roof. I have emailed them and asked them why the change from the usual Fedex to UPS, and am waiting to hear back. I'd prefer Fedex but if these new charges only exist if shipping with UPS then this sucks. For comparison Fedex would have been the following

Shipping:~$57.50 by Fedex, takes 2 business days
Customs charges: $52

So the new method is indeed cheaper by about $16 but it takes 3 days longer than normal.

In the newspapers today its saying VAT is going to rise to 20%.
So with that a rise in import duty.........

Back