EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new rates came in on the 9th and if your friend has already got it, then it is safe to say that this transaction was done before the new rates came into effect...right??

that's true...the collector told me that the price of shipping was about 90 dollars...but guys,seriously 45 dollars is not so different..fedex also told him that to send the statue to his house wants 50 euros extra...we are screwed..i cancelled the iron man dio already...black black christmas...

that's true...the collector told me that the price of shipping was about 90 dollars...but guys,seriously 45 dollars is not so different..fedex also told him that to send the statue to his house wants 50 euros extra...we are screwed..i cancelled the iron man dio already...black black christmas...

What do you mean by "to send the statue to his house wants 50 euros extra..." You guys don't get home delivery ?:banghead

The new rates came in on the 9th and if your friend has already got it, then it is safe to say that this transaction was done before the new rates came into effect...right??

Well they told us on the 9th,Only SS knows when the started implementing this.

Well they told us on the 9th,Only SS knows when the started implementing this.

I had the Starbuck Animated Maquette delivered by FedEx. I was alerted by mail on nov the 17th that they would start processeing on nov the 24th.

The final invoice looked like this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Item # Description U/M Ordrd Shpd Back Price Ext
Comments:
900614 PC 1 1 0 $69.99 $69.99
Starbuck Animated Maquette - B
------------
Sub Total: $69.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $40.73
Sales Tax: $0.00
------------
Invoice Total: $110.72

So I pay $40.73 in shippingcosts :horror for a small item worth $69.99. And I still haven't pay any vat or duty. So my total bill will be

$110.72 +
0.25 x 110.72 + (danish vat)
0,12 x110.72 + (danish duty, it could be less maybe just 6%))
FedEx fee: $10 (probably more since fees are also vat'ed over here)
all in all: $161.68

For an item that has a sales value of $69.99 :horror I feel cheated :banghead

the problem is that ss says the most of her products are not charged any fees in europe...and in the most countries the statues are charged... i think that this has something to do with fedex...

I had the Starbuck Animated Maquette delivered by FedEx. I was alerted by mail on nov the 17th that they would start processeing on nov the 24th.

The final invoice looked like this:
Item # Description U/M Ordrd Shpd Back Price Ext
Comments:
900614 PC 1 1 0 $69.99 $69.99
Starbuck Animated Maquette - B
------------
Sub Total: $69.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $40.73
Sales Tax: $0.00
------------
Invoice Total: $110.72

So I pay $40.73 in shippingcosts :horror for a small item worth $69.99. And I still haven't pay any vat or duty. So my total bill will be

$110.72 +
0.25 x 110.72 + (danish vat)
0,12 x110.72 + (danish duty, it could be less maybe just 6%))
FedEx fee: $10 (probably more since fees are also vat'ed over here)
all in all: $161.68

For an item that has a sales value of $69.99 :horror I feel cheated :banghead

So you will pay $100.00 in S&H + taxes to get an $70.00 item ? OMFG !!:banghead:duh:gun -------> Sideshow.

My next order is not due to ship until January. If I am charged any more than $30 that will be it for me and direct ordering. It's the Spidey Back in Black which should not be any larger than the Blackbeard which has a shipping cost $27.

Back in Black

16.5" H (419.1mm) x 8.5" W (215.9mm) x 13.5" D (342.9mm)*
Product Weight:
12.00 lbs (5.44 kg)*
Box Size:
19.00" H (482.6mm) x 11.00" W (279.4mm) x 16.00" L (406.4mm)*

Blackbeard
10.00 lbs (4.54 kg)*
Box Size:
23.00" H (584.2mm) x 16.00" W (406.4mm) x 13.75" L (349.25mm)*
Est. Shipping Weight:
10.00 lbs (4.54 kg)*

Last edited:
i canceld my NON-excl orders@sideshow , will be cheaper here in Belgium , most have excl will be still on order .

My next order is not due to ship until January. If I am charged any more than $30 that will be it for me and direct ordering. It's the Spidey Back in Black which should not be any larger than the Blackbeard which has a shipping cost $27.

Back in Black

16.5" H (419.1mm) x 8.5" W (215.9mm) x 13.5" D (342.9mm)*
Product Weight:
12.00 lbs (5.44 kg)*
Box Size:
19.00" H (482.6mm) x 11.00" W (279.4mm) x 16.00" L (406.4mm)*

Blackbeard
10.00 lbs (4.54 kg)*
Box Size:
23.00" H (584.2mm) x 16.00" W (406.4mm) x 13.75" L (349.25mm)*
Est. Shipping Weight:
10.00 lbs (4.54 kg)*

Don't go by those Bullseye. Always compare the dimensional weight. And I believe the dimensional weight of spiderman was 15lbs less than the Blackbeard PF.

Why isn't anybody blaming their countries proper for the high taxing of imports? This thread is 53 pages of international customers blaming Sideshow for high VAT fees and expecting them to lower overheads because international customers are importing products from the U.S., abroad. :dunno

Go into User CP and change your settings. I'm only getting 27 pages of it. May I correct you and state that it's pages of customers wrongly blaming Sideshow. From what I can gather their blaming Sideshow for their liking of Sideshows products so much.

High shipping costs is just a part of being an international collector, regardless whether there's an EU warehouse or not. Sideshow tried to do something for them by opening the EU warehouse. Unfortunately for them it's no longer working out so well for Sideshow, so it has to go. Sideshow go to the trouble of trying to get them a better deal by negotiating with Fedex, but it's not good enough for some. It is expected that orders will be cancelled.

This is an opportunity for someone to open their own EU warehouse. Who's going to put their money where their mouth is? No one?

That depends on your CP user preferences. Chief. :rolleyes:

Ummm, derrr, how many posts you choose to view per page. Chief. :rolleyes:

Go into User CP and change your settings. I'm only getting 27 pages of it. May I correct you and state that it's pages of customers wrongly blaming Sideshow. From what I can gather their blaming Sideshow for their liking of Sideshows products so much.

High shipping costs is just a part of being an international collector, regardless whether there's an EU warehouse or not. Sideshow tried to do something for them by opening the EU warehouse. Unfortunately for them it's no longer working out so well for Sideshow, so it has to go. Sideshow go to the trouble of trying to get them a better deal by negotiating with Fedex, but it's not good enough for some. It is expected that orders will be cancelled.

This is an opportunity for someone to open their own EU warehouse. Who's going to put their money where their mouth is? No one?

Yes, agreed. But as an example, when I bought some OZ BDUs and an assault vest, I paid more for shipping than I did for the items ordered. I rightly figured it was par for the course for me wanting to import these items from Australia. I didn't go railing the company because I desired to own their products and made a conscious decision to import them from the source. :dunno

Sideshow rip me off with shipping on the Samaritan,$38.00 from CA to MA.
Now the same item shipped to CA to Russia is $7.78 ?

Don't blame Sideshow for the charges shipping and courier companies impose, and don't expect them to cure problems outside of its control. I suggest you write to your congressman. Your constant Sideshow bashing is tedious and unfounded.

Don't blame Sideshow for the charges shipping and courier companies impose, and don't expect them to cure problems outside of its control. I suggest you write to your congressman. Your constant Sideshow bashing is tedious and unfounded.

f001laughinghorse.jpg

Back