Episode I Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe Sideshow still hasn't offered this. They are more notorious than Hasbro for variants and this one is just easy money for them to make.

this was one i did a while back,
unfortunately i did 'retire' the mold because its quite an old sculpt.

but unsung hero i think yours nailed some parts of likeness that mine missed and I like your real hair customization for the pony tail and braid!
2.jpg
7.jpg

if i recall correctly, sideshow had planned on doing this one and they even had some sculpts made but it never came out into production but who knows if they'll come out with one soon?

But I don't have Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan... unless you count the old Hasbro ones from '99, but I don't count those as being part of my actual 1/6 collection... :lol

The Hasbro portrait edition of Qui-gon isnt bad, except for the real hair, that can be a pain if not impossible to make sit right.

this was one i did a while back,
unfortunately i did 'retire' the mold because its quite an old sculpt.

but unsung hero i think yours nailed some parts of likeness that mine missed and I like your real hair customization for the pony tail and braid!
2.jpg
7.jpg

if i recall correctly, sideshow had planned on doing this one and they even had some sculpts made but it never came out into production but who knows if they'll come out with one soon?

Great job unsung. Here's my sunohc hs painted by Darren-- and I'm still really thankful to have him.

Hey DarthNeil, how are your Indiana Jones projects going?

That sunohc/Darren Ep I Obi-Wan of yours looks really nice... I really like unsung's sculpt too... makes me wanna try my hand at sculpting one! It'd probably come out perfectly symetrical, without lumps, but it'd look like some completely different person... :lol that's happened with my sculpts before...

I may just have to buy one of your sculpts off you unsung. I'm short on funds ATM, but maybe some day... He just looks so good!

I must say, it's surprising to see how different 2 people's renderings of the same person's face are, how they both look like they could be the real person and yet are different from each other in subtle ways...

Ooh, nice TPM setup sithlord!

Qui-Gon looks like he's about to open a can of whoop-arse on that battle droid.

Now you just need Darth Maul... :D (I have the SS one, and can rightly say he's freakin' awesome! Even if he is slightly monkey-armed... :lol I hear the Medi is good too, but I think he's generally more expensive... Of course, Hasbro Maul clothes with an Unsung Maul head once he finishes him could look just as good)

SDC10543.jpg

this is a slightly out of date photo- ive added the sith probe droids since but cant decide wheter to rejig it with the whole duel of the fates set up

I definitely think Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Darth Maul belong on display together! It's like if you have Luke and Vader and you were displaying them separately... :lol

Nice Aurra Sing by the way, is she custom? I know Hasbro did one at one point...

Hey DarthNeil, how are your Indiana Jones projects going?

That sunohc/Darren Ep I Obi-Wan of yours looks really nice... I really like unsung's sculpt too... makes me wanna try my hand at sculpting one! It'd probably come out perfectly symetrical, without lumps, but it'd look like some completely different person... :lol that's happened with my sculpts before...

I may just have to buy one of your sculpts off you unsung. I'm short on funds ATM, but maybe some day... He just looks so good!

I must say, it's surprising to see how different 2 people's renderings of the same person's face are, how they both look like they could be the real person and yet are different from each other in subtle ways...

Which Indy projects?...

Nice Aurra Sing by the way, is she custom? I know Hasbro did one at one point...

I will take a guess its a hasbro Aurra Sing with a replacement SS body from a Ventress or the Bride of Frankenstein figure. It looks awesome, I have seen that done a few time now but it seems some people don't try to mod the hands to use them like it seems you did, some people seem to think they look weird, but they are suppose to.:)

I will take a guess its a hasbro Aurra Sing with a replacement SS body from a Ventress or the Bride of Frankenstein figure. It looks awesome, I have seen that done a few time now but it seems some people don't try to mod the hands to use them like it seems you did, some people seem to think they look weird, but they are suppose to.:)

actually i just painted a ss body- i had spare but other than that as guessed. i cut the hands off as you say meant to look wrong/weird- and drilled to fit the posts.
hasbro outfit - weathered slightly and guns repainted.

Hi! I'm new here.

I've been searching for a thread about an easy way to swap every Sideshow SW figure to a Hot Toys body.

Plase, could anyone post a quick tutorial?

How to pull out heads, what tools I need, which is the best body, what to do with hands, etc...

Thanks!

:wave Hi Kunanuk!

You've posted that in two places now. I think it'd probably be a lot better if you started a thread called something like "Sideshow to Hot Toys body swap?" or something like that.

It's a good enough topic to have thread about it IMO... you might not get very far posting in a bunch of different threads, just start your own! :)

:wave Hi Kunanuk!

You've posted that in two places now. I think it'd probably be a lot better if you started a thread called something like "Sideshow to Hot Toys body swap?" or something like that.

It's a good enough topic to have thread about it IMO... you might not get very far posting in a bunch of different threads, just start your own! :)

Yea, when he posted all those I was thinking the forums were really busy, then I noticed all the posts were identical .:lol

Back