Enterbay - Jean Claude Van Damme figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm disappointed in the sculpt shown. I'm not sure if it's the nose or something else, I'm just not seeing as much likeness as I'd hoped I would.

get Donnie yen to twerk on this facebook thingy..he'll get more likes that way:rotfl
seriously guys,i have respect for van damme as an action star,but this figure is NOT the JCVD fans wanted...that sums it up methinks..
now where's that video of mr yen twerking:lol
the facebook thingie is tounge in cheek..wife's on it all the time by the way.i DO know what it is..i just don't use
the world's biggest social network

I've no doubt he is..and he has battled back and appears in great shape.i have admiration for the man but not the figure.we have our hero's(bruce lee being mine)and I would rank JC in my top 10 martial artists.
no one here means to offend,just give honest opinions my friend.

I've no doubt he is..and he has battled back and appears in great shape.i have admiration for the man but not the figure.we have our hero's(bruce lee being mine)and I would rank JC in my top 10 martial artists.
no one here means to offend,just give honest opinions my friend.

Sure, for the figure it's surly up to each of you to decide if you want it or not.

:rotfl The last JCVD figure to hit the market was this...

sb1p.jpg

:clap Therefore, I am grateful to Enterbay for their work.

Come on guys, relax the sun shines for everyone, no reason to argue about how is the biggest/best/most popular.
It all relies on personal preferences, so to each their on, back on the figure I just hope to see some more pics, so the sculpt is on proportion with other 1/6 figures.

To me, it's not just the nose that needs tweaking. I think the face is too full, which makes him look chubby.
Did enterbay get their reference pics from a 4:3 screen ratio JCVD film stretched to widescreen mode!?
:lol

Jackie Chan is awesome. Saw most of his comedy movies first before the earlier serious action stuff. Made quite an impact on my younger self seeing 'the atletic funny man' pretty much destroying everything.

I think van Damme is mostly bundled in the action star segments with Sly, Willis, Ahnuld etc., he is kind off a hybrid between martial arts star and action star.

I would have liked for the figure to be his younger incarnation and pair him with Bruce (and come on Enterbay put a out a Chan figure as well, you can do it!).

Also to say to people do you remember bruce lee?
People will never forget bruce lee.
But when you say do you remember van damme they say who?
Oh yeah the guy from blood sport and kick boxer.

What I'm saying is back in the day I loved the guy and then he just vanished and then after watching behind closed doors I saw the other side to him and the reasons why and he seemed overly big headed.
Ok he had a lot of guts to talk about his life and admit his mistakes and problems which I respect.
And he needs to make another hit film and not a film with a lot of actors in it like expendables.

If you come on here kicking and screaming please don't insult van damme he is my hero and the best actor in the world and then expect people not to disagree then you are very mistaken.
We are welcome to our own views on various actors , just because Terminator 2 is my all time favourite film does not mean I stalk and love Arnold it was the film that was good and not him , I remember the film more for Robert Patrick than anybody else.

Van damme is not an actor but a martial artist and body builder and all I. Saying he is not a good actor and all people want to see is his martial arts and what not.
It is like saying the rock is an amazing actor .
Think of jack Nicholson and Gary oldman they can change in an instant and become very different people with a snap of the fingers now that is great acting.
But then they would be no good in a martial arts film would they?

My apologies to everyone for being too personal, and thanks for the mods for keeping me in check.

Anyway, anyone know where I could get a couple of those Volvo trucks in 1/6? Sure would cost a lot of money, but present day JVCD's most iconic on the shelf doing that most epic of splits.

And EB better make those thigh joints limber but unbreakable.

Time out kiddies.

May I just remind everyone to please be civil when conversing.
In addition please do not use the report post function just because you disagree with an opinion, even when it's posted constructively. We are not here to clean up posts because others don't like/agree with it, everyone is entitled to an opinion and we just ask that everyone treats one another with the respect they would as if they were seeing them in public.
Insults however will be punished :devil

I'll clean this up now and let you guys cool off a wee bit by leaving it closed for a while as one clean up today obviously didn't sink in.
x :wave

Last edited:
Thread - re-opened.

Please take note of why the thread was closed.

We have a great community here, made up of knowledgeable, funny and silly people - the latter meant nicely of course ;). I hope everyone gets enjoyment from it, but to do so you also have to dig in and not take things posted overly seriously/ personally and just laugh things off.

If you really don't like someone's posting's, use the ignore feature!.

So, please just continue talking about the figure, what's done is done and that's what this thread is for.

Anyway.....enjoy, and be nice.
x :hi5:

Last edited:
Back to the figure: I can see that JCVD has posted an image on his social networks with a line saying "Work in progress. Final product may vary from photographs."

Next Monday, I am gonna send an official email to EB with final notes: -

1) Resize the nose tip or show us a proper photo since we heard a claim that it's only the angle of a camera that makes it look a bit large.

2) The eye white needs some refining.

3) Cheeks need tweaking.

4) May we have 2 head sculpts: a 2nd 'less tensioned' look head sculpt (maybe JC smiling?)

5) We need to see a muscular body. First prototype we saw was thin!

Any other suggestions, guys?

Last edited:
OK.

This is a final warning. I have cleared the thread...again.

If something has been said in the past, that is just it, the past. Leave that alone as discuss the figure which I have left the latest pictures of (thanks to D7.)

This thread was closed and cleaned up yday twice because of posts that turned into insults, all offending posts were removed accordingly and so now, move along.

May I suggest that if peeps wants to remain a part of this Forum, do not threaten/ insult it, or it's members.

This thread is for discussion of the figure, please continue with that.

Thank you.
x

Last edited:
PERSONAL

Dude, you really need to step back and take a breath. If people aren't happy with what Enterbay is putting out, then let them express it. So their opinion is different than yours. Who cares? Besides the guy said he was probably gonna get the figure anyway. You're just coming across as a scary way too obsessed Van Damme fan.

Could a respectable gentleman mod. here please take out these therapy lines about "stepping back, taking a breath, telling me who's gonna buy what, and describing me as scary and obsessed" or delete the whole needless and rude post there https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6317145&postcount=561

Otherwise, I will have to reply it and take further action.

I am asking politly and I shall not repeat my request one more time.
Thank you for understanding.

I have left the latest pictures of (thanks to D7.)
This thread is for discussion of the figure, please continue with that.

Thank you.
x

You are all welcome. I need to go back to my PC tonight and share with you the 3 suggested outfits that JCVD figure is gonna wear.

I assume the decision is already made, but I am thinking: why not to give him the 2 or 3 different jackets instead of one? Formal, semi- and casual Hollywood moviestar style.

I know we can get whatever we want from clothes to our 1/6th scale figures, but just saying why not...since the fig. comes with few accessories already? I guess I'll mention it to EB as well.

in addition to the already mentioned ... it seems too rough sculpt hair

it is hoped to see at least 2-3 variations of jackets
I do not think this version civle serve two sculpt
just one done well .... neutral expression

obvious that if EB can do more without variation will increase costs too much .... it is better to

The one strong point for me with enterbay is the sculpt and paint apps, the sculpt for me is very under par the eyes are normally the high point but here they seem badly done with no sence of life, the sculpt itself is too neutral, plus the idea of a 50 year plus civilian version is ridiculous to me i want stuff thats iconic if only to me......bloodsport with an extra battle damaged sculpt would have been nice!

Back