Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol to be fair to Mr Whineypants, he didn't say anything about Hot Toys. And I am not read up on EB's return policy, but if I had taken delivery of a figure that was so obviously overlooked in the QC process and then had to pay for the return shipping (if that's the case) I'd be bummed that my perfect GoD figure was costing an extra $45.

On the other hand if EB pick up the shipping cost for an obviously defective figure, then I don't get the problem. Collectors are faced with defective figures from time to time and it's by no means just an EB problem. Most of my orders are with BBTS, and they pick up the return shipping tab.

2cmt4c7.jpg

This doesn't happen with any other company LJ!

Damn you Enterbay! You should have your own Enterbay delivery employees to make sure my box reaches me from across the world in mint condition! Damn you I say!

Everyone is concentrating on his overreaction to the small box tear.
I don't think he had an overreaction to the figure though. Its pretty disgusting that shipped.

If they are sending him another free of charge then its all good, but if he has to pay shipping return for something that obviously should never have left the factory, that's really not good enough.

Everyone is concentrating on his overreaction to the small box tear.
I don't think he had an overreaction to the figure though. Its pretty disgusting that shipped.

If they are sending him another free of charge then its all good, but if he has to pay shipping return for something that obviously should never have left the factory, that's really not good enough.

When his first statement is "enterbay really sucks!! never buy enterbay anymore!" you can't expect to be well received.

He had 2 blot marks on the body, which blows, but it isn't the end of the world and it certainly doesn't justify his initial comment. The sculpt was flawless, and I'm assuming everything else was as well since he didn't complain about any other issues.

Enterbay has a good rep for handling issues, I'm confident he'll get it resolved. In the meantime, he can zip the suit all the way up and enjoy it. The box I can't hep him with :D

You've been to the other threads Yankee, that's how they talk in those parts :lol

Seriously, LBW probably posted that within a few minutes of receiving his goodies, so no doubt the blood pressure was dangerously high at that point. I would be interested to know how this gets resolved.

I've read EB's return policy, and it reads like this:

"If customers are sending something back to us for replacement or repair they will be responsible for the postage of sending the item to us but Enterbay will not charge them extra when sending the replacement goods or the repaired goods"

Sorry, but this is simply not good enough, especially given the number of QC issues that this figure appears to be having. So LBW has paid a tidy sum for this figure, and now is looking at paying the shipping cost back to EB (if he bought it from EB) just to have a figure replaced that, as SAB said, should never have gone out in the first place.

So a $350 shipped figure becomes a $400 shipped figure. I have been wavering on this figure - if I get a tax refund this year I was going to push the button. But now I'm not so sure, given that I'll be up for at least $50 shipping cost to get a replacement if needed.

I feel LBW's frustration - the only way I can see this being properly and fairly resolved is if EB accept photographs as evidence and then simply ships out a new body, letting LBW keep the flawed one. I'm sure everyone agrees that the box is no biggy given its tendency to tear even when handled with reasonable care.

LJ that's assuming that he ordered directly from Enterbay. From my exp most people order from their local or favorite distributor's who, as you know, have their very own return policy.

BBTS' policy for example reads:
"Defective items: If you receive an item that has a manufacturer's defect we are happy to ship a replacement. Please contact us within 30 days of receiving your order. BBTs will cover all shipping fees to and from our warehouse on defective items. Defective items may only be exchanged for the same item. Please note that this return policy applies only to shipped items you have received."

I'm going to assume most of the popular, top distributor's have similar policies to cover their customer base, but I could be mistaken.

Have you ever ordered from Enterbay or Hot Toys directly? I have not.

But why is Enterbay being separated from Hot Toys on this?
I have stain/marks on two of my Hot Toys BL figures, yet no one _____es at HT? I bought two Hot Toys Dx04 sets. One had a ripped box (as a lot of other seem to have been), one had a faulty mirror background, which was unusable and both needed some superglue fixes. Nameplates etc.

I have no problems mentioning QC issues on an Enterbay release, but the general reaction on here is EB = Bad, HT=Good.

Sorry, but that's just not true. Or fair to EB. Any of the issues I have seen so far would be comparable to HT QC problems. I mean Jesus go over and look at the "HT rubber deterioration thread".

Also Enterbay offer a much better Customer Service than HT, whose general attitude seems to be, ignore everyone with a problem.

Do we just say, 1/6th collectibles suck? Or acknowledge that when buying figures with this amount of detail and complexity this is simply part of the hobby?

Peace.

Last edited:
:goodpost: :exactly: Rory

Agree 100% Rory. I don't play favorites, I'm just sick of the hypocrisy. I can list all the issues I've had with my HT figures right out of the box, but I'd rather try and keep this thread about this awesome release and not derail it into another debate thread.

LJ that's assuming that he ordered directly from Enterbay. From my exp most people order from their local or favorite distributor's who, as you know, have their very own return policy.

BBTS' policy for example reads:
"Defective items: If you receive an item that has a manufacturer's defect we are happy to ship a replacement. Please contact us within 30 days of receiving your order. BBTs will cover all shipping fees to and from our warehouse on defective items. Defective items may only be exchanged for the same item. Please note that this return policy applies only to shipped items you have received."

I'm going to assume most of the popular, top distributor's have similar policies to cover their customer base, but I could be mistaken.

Have you ever ordered from Enterbay or Hot Toys directly? I have not.

I ordered Ip Man from EB, and luckily no problems (apart from the crappy RM3 body they were using at the time). But yeh, BBTS is my preferred seller, and their friendly return policy is a big reason for that. The choice in this case would be: pay $345 + shipping to BBTS for the return peace of mind - or pay $345 shipped from EB and take your chances that you may have to fork out another $50 to return it. If I bite on this one, I'll probably opt for BBTS.

But why is Enterbay being separated from Hot Toys on this?
I have stain/marks on two of my Hot Toys BL figures, yet no one _____es at HT? I bought two Hot Toys Dx04 sets. One had a ripped box (as a lot of other seem to have been), one had a faulty mirror background, which was unusable and both needed some superglue fixes. Nameplates etc.

I have no problems mentioning QC issues on an Enterbay release, but the general reaction on here is EB = Bad, HT=Good.

Sorry, but that's just not true. Or fair to EB. Any of the issues I have seen so far would be comparable to HT QC problems. I mean Jesus go over and look at the "rubber deterioration thread".

Also Enterbay offer a much better Customer Service than HT, whose general attitude seems to be, ignore everyone with a problem.

Do we just say, 1/6th collectibles suck? Or acknowledge that when buying figures with this amount of detail and complexity this is simply part of the hobby?

Peace.

Yeh, I hear ya, but LBW never said anything about HT > EB - he was just bummed about his EB figure. I'm not defending HT, in fact I agree that their CS sucks. But in my case I buy all my stuff through sellers that have a friendly return policy (ie they pick up the tab for the return shipping) so I've never had any problem with HT issues.

EB charge a premium for their stuff, they always have - so naturally people will be a it more antsy about their $350 outlay. With higher prices come higher expectations, unfairly or not.

I ordered Ip Man from EB, and luckily no problems (apart from the crappy RM3 body they were using at the time). But yeh, BBTS is my preferred seller, and their friendly return policy is a big reason for that. The choice in this case would be: pay $345 + shipping to BBTS for the return peace of mind - or pay $345 shipped from EB and take your chances that you may have to fork out another $50 to return it. If I bite on this one, I'll probably opt for BBTS.

Yeah that RM3 is not fun & I'd go with BBTS as well. Surprised you went manufacturer direct for Ip, that seems to be very uncommon nowadays.

With higher prices come higher expectations, unfairly or not.

That's true no 2 ways about it.

I guess it's just a case of recognising there are only 2 real 1/6 producers out there, so when someone b I t c h e s about one the the only fair comparison is against the other. Like for like. Otherwise we are just really saying the whole hobby sucks. Which is certainly true to a minor extent. If Medicom and Blitzway stepped up to the mark we could have some proper discussions about QC.
I'm neither a HT nor a EB fanboy. I just like cool stuff. But I really can't stand unfairness and Rose tinted glasses when judging these releases. By comingbin here and saying EB suck don't buy from them, that's actually positioning HT on a higher ground.

I'm still trying to find reasons not to buy this figure, so LBW hasn't really convinced me that EB suck and I shouldn't buy from them. I only have 350 reasons at the moment. If I see more cool pics in this thread as fellow freaks take delivery, and hear that most people have received defect-free sets, those 350 reasons might not be enough to keep me GoDless :)

I guess it's just a case of recognising there are only 2 real 1/6 producers out there, so when someone b I t c h e s about one the the only fair comparison is against the other. Like for like. Otherwise we are just really saying the whole hobby sucks. Which is certainly true to a minor extent. If Medicom and Blitzway stepped up to the mark we could have some proper discussions about QC.
I'm neither a HT nor a EB fanboy. I just like cool stuff. But I really can't stand unfairness and Rose tinted glasses when judging these releases. By comingbin here and saying EB suck don't buy from them, that's actually positioning HT on a higher ground.

Are you drunk again? :) (I only say that because you say it yourself)

You're saying that no one should complain about the QC of one without pointing out problems with the other? And if you do point out both suck then you're saying the whole hobby sucks? ....which you actually agree with ? :rotfl

And your major concern here is that Hot Toys don't get positioned higher in peoples mind?

:thud:

Does anyone recall how much EB will be selling these bodies for? I'm not paying $140+ on evilbay for them :lol

That was one of the questions I had about this set - will EB release the body as a separate figure? Seems a shame to release a set with two costume options but not make the body available separately. I know HT did exactly the same thing with the DX, but they at least had the Ex available for those who wanted one. And they've got their own Bruce body in the works. EB always had their BL bodies available... an announcement soon I wonder?

That was one of the questions I had about this set - will EB release the body as a separate figure? Seems a shame to release a set with two costume options but not make the body available separately. I know HT did exactly the same thing with the DX, but they at least had the Ex available for those who wanted one. And they've got their own Bruce body in the works. EB always had their BL bodies available... an announcement soon I wonder?

It was actually discussed quite a bit in this thread but for the love of cake I can't recall exactly. I'm 99% sure that it was stated EB would be making this body available for separate purchase, just wish it coincided with the release so we could have everything ready to go out of the box.

Gung Fu will clear this up :lol

Yeh, I hear ya, but LBW never said anything about HT > EB - he was just bummed about his EB figure. I'm not defending HT, in fact I agree that their CS sucks. But in my case I buy all my stuff through sellers that have a friendly return policy (ie they pick up the tab for the return shipping) so I've never had any problem with HT issues.

EB charge a premium for their stuff, they always have - so naturally people will be a it more antsy about their $350 outlay. With higher prices come higher expectations, unfairly or not.

Not sure where you are worse off. $300 from Enterbay with $45 shipping vs $345 plus shipping from BBTS. If you did have to return your Enterbay figure it'd work out about the same as from BBTS. This is the reason I order direct from Enterbay. It's still cheaper, especially if I don't have a return problem.

As far as LBW goes, I see why people ganged up on him, then again I also see why he is so disappointed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's the language barrier. It may be the reason why he came over as a little hostile, plus isn't he from Italy? They have a bad reputation as far as their postal system, so that would add to his aggravation and concerns about having to return his item.

Not sure where you are worse off. $300 from Enterbay with $45 shipping vs $345 plus shipping from BBTS. If you did have to return your Enterbay figure it'd work out about the same as from BBTS. This is the reason I order direct from Enterbay. It's still cheaper, especially if I don't have a return problem.

As far as LBW goes, I see why people ganged up on him, then again I also see why he is so disappointed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's the language barrier. It may be the reason why he came over as a little hostile, plus isn't he from Italy? They have a bad reputation as far as their postal system, so that would add to his aggravation and concerns about having to return his item.

Ah, he's Italian, that explains it. My step-father's family is Italian. They can either love something or hate something, and often it's unclear which is which (in this case though I'm pretty sure that he did not enjoy his unboxing experience).

If my tax check is big enough I think I'll go with... aw sheeeet, I still don't know. $45 shipping from EB is pretty good considering how much this thing weighs, but I've always believed that solid customer service is worth paying for. One thing's for sure, I won't be using ebay for this one. Where are most folks getting theirs from anyway?

Edit: seems Shadowfla is Italian, but LBW's location is unknown.

Last edited:
Back