Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To illustrate my point better here is a picture of the head by a guy on my Facebook friendlist who just got the figure, he sells on Ebay probably so he took quite a good picture that brings out all the details in paint brightly without screwing up the shgadowing detail (BUT AN UGLY WATERMARK) nonetheless...

Guys

Where is the best price for this figure? I am now seeing EBay have him for sale ready to ship for about $370

Is this a good price and what have you been all paying for this one ?

Did everyone preordered and is this why the long wait ?
Thx
It's always hard to say where the best price is. Need more info. Where are you? etc etc

I pre-ordered direct from Enterbay, where it's $300 and $45 shipping, standard. It's still available through them.

I pre-ordered about a month or so before the Bejing show, so fairly late, and haven't heard anything directly from Enterbay. They've posted a schedule, dependant upon your pre-order date, for when you can expect them to ship yours out. Virtually in order of when you pre-ordered. I expect mine in about a month. So if you can't wait, and don't mind splurging an extra $25, then $370 is a fair price I'd say.

Before you go ahead and purchase from ebay, I'd ask the seller if he in fact does have it in hand ready to ship. Alot of them say they are ready to ship to avoid breaking ebay rules, if that happens to be the case.

When I look at the picture to the right, I do not see big eyes or anything abnormal about them but that's just my 2 cents.

I preordered mine and paid the amount last week. It cost me $300 + $70.74 for EMS shipping to India. I was told my order will ship in July. So I think its a fair price...

I think the picture shows that the production sculpt did keep true to the prototype sculpt... so nothing a repaint cant fix to look like that...

Well... i remember that factory picture, with the BD head without the eyes? The one that kinda looked like Micheal Myers. That really looked perfectly fine to me.

Sometimes when they sculpt it, it looks fine all the way until they insert the eyes into the socket. I mean, Arnie's big eye was the WOD. It was already fine by the time he made Jet Li and the ETD's. The Ver B has the squinted eyes, and the FOF is the best of the bunch. The Kato in my opinion is also a "tad" on the big scale.

I mean... if you push the pupils all the way to the corner, you can make the eyes look smaller. The head tilt is another way to hide it. I'm getting it regardless..., just sayng the eyes on the BD head being big was the only thing that suprised me. The eyes are def. smaller in the prototype.

Looking over the pics that Rory, Gruff & Manolis posted in hand, I'm not seeing this same "big eye" thing.

We've seen multiple angle shots of this face and this is the first I recall hearing of this complaint. I'm not saying his point isn't valid, b/c we're all entitled to an opinion, but it is the first time I recall reading that complaint in this thread that's reached 300+ pages.

really?
It has definitely been discussed in this thread after the final sculpt pics were finally revealed.

Anyways, 2 things i wanted to address.

There were posts a few pages back asking if the ebay Bruce Lee's are real or not.
The answer is Yes and No, but mostly YES.
What I've heard around in Hong Kong was, at the time, Enterbay wasen't totally satisfied with one of their factory's in China regarding their final products. Therefore, Enterbay didn't pay off all the money they owed the factory.
In retaliation the Factory kept the Master Molds for the FOF scuplts. Then they went crazy with them and kept on pumping more heads from the mold, and sold them cheaply to recover the cost of whatever Enterbay owes them.

So... in reagard, the FOF sculpts are REAL, from the Original Mold, from the same factory that made the Enterbay ones. I own one as well, because i like the tidy version of the hair piece. The paint is not as nice as the original but for the price it is really not bad. And the ones on Ebay slap on a real authentic BL3.5 body. It is not authentic in the case that it is not a head sculpt from the oringal FOF Set.

Thanks for that info Stanlore, very interesting. I ordered one on a 3.5 body earlier in the week. I will post pics when it arrives.

EPIC pics!:clap:clap:clap:clap
Thanks a lot Gung Fu! Youre the best, bro!:1-1:

Thankyou very much for your kind feedback my friend
smiley.gif

Just to be a little off topic, although my figures not coming before next month Im almost feeling the anticipation of others getting it before me :O So I was watching the GoD footage to find a scene whicj will best suit the BD display. I realised that the Footprint is actually WAY darker than what EB have on the jumpsuit. The BD weathering and stains on the default jumpsuit looks phenomenal as it is, its only the footprint which seems slightly less prominent.
So anyone planning to make it darker? If so with what? Ill try my hand following someones steps. Will fabric paint or acrylic paint (The one I use to repaint NECA figures) work?

Hey Axe-man, if you want it to be accurate – make sure that the Kareem footprint is placed on the middle of the chest - not on just one side...

Be careful guys with this figure just got my god bl figure and found bad defects,now need replacements soon
The DAMAGED HEAD HAS ONE OF THE LEVERS IS BROKEN INSIDE AND THE OTHER ONE IS VERY,VERY LOOSE THE EYES DON'T REACH TO KEEP THE RIGHT POSITION.

THE BODY HAS AN BROKEN ARM IT CAN'T TAKE ANY POSITION (I THINK IS BROKEN INSIDE) AND THE CHEST HAS A BAD SCRATCH NEAR THE NIPPLE IS VERY UGLY TO SEE.

this time Enterbay didn't have done a job here, very disapponted...for the quality control service...

Shadowfla, thank you for the warning and for the illustrated pictures you have shown us. I do suggest you should give EB a chance to fix this problem first.

Commiserations Shadow. It sucks having the excitement of the unboxing moment utterly ruined by the disappointment of having to send it back. EB's QC sucks, but at least they're good for returns. Hang in there, when you get your perfect replacement things will be restored to awesomeness once again :wink1:

:exactly::goodpost:

Dude, its just a doll, as you so mentioned oh so many times.
Why So Serious? You sound like your gonna fly to Hong Kong with a bag of machine guns and go all Neo on them.

Anyways, 2 things i wanted to address.

There were posts a few pages back asking if the ebay Bruce Lee's are real or not.
The answer is Yes and No, but mostly YES.
What I've heard around in Hong Kong was, at the time, Enterbay wasen't totally satisfied with one of their factory's in China regarding their final products. Therefore, Enterbay didn't pay off all the money they owed the factory.
In retaliation the Factory kept the Master Molds for the FOF scuplts. Then they went crazy with them and kept on pumping more heads from the mold, and sold them cheaply to recover the cost of whatever Enterbay owes them.

So... in reagard, the FOF sculpts are REAL, from the Original Mold, from the same factory that made the Enterbay ones. I own one as well, because i like the tidy version of the hair piece. The paint is not as nice as the original but for the price it is really not bad. And the ones on Ebay slap on a real authentic BL3.5 body. It is not authentic in the case that it is not a head sculpt from the oringal FOF Set.

Secondly, i saw the GOD head in person today at a store. Um... the blood on the side of the mouth is Def. not as bad in person. The bruised cheek bone looks alright, not too exagerated. The head is OK, more or less what we've been seeing on the board. But, the only thing i can say is... the eyes are HUGE. IF you ever thought the WOD eyes were big.. well.. this is on par if not even bigger. But if your cool with that, then your good to go. HUGE eyes.

Mine should be ready for pick up by the end of June.... Can't wait to receive my call!!

Great post with a lot of first hand information !! Thank you very much Stanlore !
smiley.gif

Guys, this may sound like a silly question, how do you order directly from EB?. The only site I keep ending up at doesn't have an online store? Does it only work in certain territories?

Guys, this may sound like a silly question, how do you order directly from EB?. The only site I keep ending up at doesn't have an online store? Does it only work in certain territories?

That is a very, very, very silly question.... :slap

Hehe...

Go the EB's web site, click on "Collection", choose your figure - and then on the right of the screen you should be able to make a purchase (unless it is sold out).

By the way Rorywan, I have been meaning to ask you what are you going to do with the third head - when you only have two bodies from two sets (or is that the thing with the BL3.5 body) ?...

Last edited:
That is a very, very, very silly question.... :slap

Hehe...

Go the EB's web site, click on "Collection", choose your figure - and then on the right of the screen you should be able to make a purchase (unless it is sold out).

By the way Rorywan, I have been meaning to ask you what are you going to do with the third head - when you only have two bodies from two sets (or is that the thing with the BL3.5 body) ?...

aah, thanks. :slap

End with [/IMG]

By the way, this is ridiculous :lol Cool pics you have there :D
010220091503.jpg

Who's that GWAILO??? :lol:lol:lol

it is the first time I recall reading that complaint in this thread that's reached 300+ pages.

I griped about it somewhere in this labyrinth of a thread but Axe explained something about positioning the pupils that made some sense. Was hoping to try it out when i get it, glad i'm not the only one who thought the eye was a tad too big, was beginning to think i was getting ____-eyed!

:lecture I agree, I was eyeing that recent Ebay thread until it went public and exploded! :rotfl

Finished at well over 300 and I wasn't going that far :thud:
l

i got my FoF off a local retailer at 500 bucks. Don't know how much that is in USD but i thought it was worth every penny. :yess:

Who's that GWAILO??? :lol:lol:lol

Gwailo – “Foreign devil” - is a Cantonese slang term for foreigners/Caucasians. I do not think it has any negative meaning now, and I have never been called that when I have been in Hong Kong as most Hong Kong people I see and meet on the street (especially young people) are very polite and friendly (though their English is not so good).

i got my FoF off a local retailer at 500 bucks. Don't know how much that is in USD but i thought it was worth every penny. :yess:

500 bucks… If that’s Singapore Dollars – then it is about US$400 (right now) if I am not mistaken....

I have no problem seeing Bruce in these shot - plus no problems with the eyes.... It all looks great to me
smiley.gif

Exactly, the eyes will look bug eyed (even more) if the pupils arent positioned correctly. My pics are meant to support that good positioning can cut down the eye slit looking too big phenomenon... also the sculpt looks Bruce... I dont know HOW that EB basher and DX04 fanatic who pops in here from time to time says this looks like Bruce Li? The guy is obsessed, he even put "Hot Toys = Bruce Lee, Enterbay = Bruce Li" in his signature! :cuckoo: some propaganda!

Back