Enterbay breakthrough

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All bets are off. The game has changed. Enterbay is now using what looks like a silicone skin over a 1:6 head:

jay-skin2.jpg

What little info there is can be found at https://www.enterbay.com/blog/index.php

Looks like they're taking a page from Cinemaquette's book, only with better sculpting and in 1:6 scale.

:eek

Yeah I don't think this is a turn for the better. It may look more realistic but the trade off with limited longevity and durability would be unwanted.
But it's a wait and see at this point.

That means they can do a realistic 1/6 Arnie T-800, complete with fake skin. Although, HT coulda done that with their rubber bodies...

Cured silicone has a shelf-life of over 30 years, so I doubt it would fall apart due to decay or degredation in the material. But even as stretchy as silcone can be, with a skin that thin, one dive from the shelf and you can probably guarantee it'll rip.

I hate to be a doubting Thomas in regards to anything those geniuses at Enterbay do, but I'm not convinced this is necessarily an improvement. At the huge 1/3 scale of a Cinemaquette you can get away with using real hair (but even then I think it BARELY works in that small scale)... At 1/6 scale I just don't think real hair will be as convincing as their already-perfect paint apps. Aside from the real-hair gimmick I don't see the advantage of using silicone since the transparency of their plastic material already simulates skin tones so nicely.

It's a cool experiment, but I honestly prefer the look of sculpted/painted hair elements on 1/6 scale figures.

I'm going to go out on a limb and probably be in the minority but I'm gonna say that I don't like it. In theory it sounds like a good idea but I'm envisioning too many rips, tears, breaks and at Enterbay prices that's never a good thing especially because I'm sure this will continue to drive the price up further. Enterbay's stuff is phenomenal but I have a feeling this is a change that may not be for the better in the long run. Will watch their progress with interest though

I don't think it will rip per se, because it is melded onto the surface. The pic above is just so you can see exactly what they are talking about. Just like any shelf diving, it may cause a nick, at best, with the silicon. Just as a normal head would get a ding. I think it will be better able to absorb the punishment of a dive. I only display my figures where they will land on carpet if they do happen to take a dive, and they've handled it well. Only one way to find out, and I'm going to take the plunge for sure.

I think it is a tremendous improvement. The texture will surpass what can be achieved through a painted surface.

It s certainly innovative and pushing the envelope.Better?I ll reserve judgement on that one.I ve yet to be convinced by any of the Cinemaquette humans.

A good idea but I would think if they cast pink flesh under that Skin Mask would probably look more alive??

If you want to go extra hardcore I'd sculpt the facial muscles and cast that in pink red and then lay that Skin Mask over it.... Thats what XenovipeR would do!

I should patent it before anyone copy my idea eh? LOL

That looks awesome. These are the type of figures you can't play with, imo. But it does look good.

HT also stole my idea to do a 1/6 tumbler. i'd already gathered some empty boxes of frosted flakes to start making mine when they announced theirs. They must have seen a picture of it on a blog or something.

Back