Enterbay breakthrough

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if in the future these silicon faces will work like a mask, you could by the mask and put it over a pre-owned head or blank head and what was once a crappy 2008 paint job is improved 10 fold

Also if it is mask you could use it like a condom and put it on ya ^^^^^ and wham you go your own instant custom Robert deniro nob

Last edited:
What is the life-span of these silicon? It's a nice idea, but what is the benefit or advantages of this over a nice painted plactic head-sculpt?

The Enterbay Bruce Lee head sculpt I've got is amazing, one of the best paint work on a head sculpt I've seen. Wouldn't the new method push costs up?

Actually, the blog never states it is Silicon...

Enterbay Blog said:
...Special Plastic mixed Material combined gives the Masterpiece the realistic Skin-Mask firmly dissolved and wrapped onto the surface of the head...

They need to work on a new body.The hips and ankles need major overhauls, if they really want to compete with Hot Toys.

You guys are too much, you all sound like Little Richard. Took my idea, changed it all around... (I'm probably dating myself.)

Given the disturbing photo Enterbay chose, "breakthrough" was a bit of a pun. And if the material is silicone, it will require paint that is made for silicone, that's all. Such paint exists, and can be brushed on very lightly with very pleasing results. I don't expect to see real hair, because Enterbay makes plastic wig-hats (Little Richard again) that can be popped off to get at the eye mechanism. Silicone doesn't tear easily; in fact with the platinum cure silicone I use for moldmaking, you need to cut it. I would definitely be concerned about shelf-dives, though. If it fell hard on something sharp, it might very well get punctured or cut.

One thing you have to give Enterbay, they aren't afraid to mess with success. Oh, and a third body is coming out, and will reportedly be available separately as blanks for customizers.

Well in truth any figure that does a shelf dive and lands on a sharp or hard surface is probably going to be screwed.

I wonder if in the future these silicon faces will work like a mask, you could by the mask and put it over a pre-owned head or blank head and what was once a crappy 2008 paint job is improved 10 fold

Also if it is mask you could use it like a condom and put it on ya ^^^^^ and wham you go your own instant custom Robert deniro nob

Post of the Millennium...

I can see doing real skin on a 1/4 scale Jessica Rabbit figure but for1/6 scale Asian men is just perverted.

I'm with Andy on this one. The only benefit can be rooted hair and I don't really like the way it looks in 1/6th scale. Translucent plastic can already simulate real skin, a rubber outer layer is just a gimmick and not really any improvement IMO. That picture, aside from the rip, looks no different than the trans plastic HT uses.

I don't see any breakthrough and not sure what there is to go ga-ga about. :huh

I'm with Andy on this one. The only benefit can be rooted hair and I don't really like the way it looks in 1/6th scale. Translucent plastic can already simulate real skin, a rubber outer layer is just a gimmick and not really any improvement IMO. That picture, aside from the rip, looks no different than the trans plastic HT uses.

I don't see any breakthrough and not sure what there is to go ga-ga about. :huh

I bet this is being made so they can produce the one Bruce Lee that has real hair. It's part of Arnies original collection before Enterbay.

Back