Enterbay Basketball Backboard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I now see your point. For me, I have a plan on practicing my shooting stroke using an enterbay backboard that is why I need a stronger rim. LOL

Hahaha. I bet since you made a full court hoop. You just gotta have the best stuff. Lol. Wanna sell me you storm toys hoop?

As much as I want to sell this to you, I just can't since I am a completist with regard to NBA figures

Yeah. I noticed its plastic and slightly smaller. But I figured its just a display. It's not like I'm actually playing basketball on it. Lol. And I figured I'm just point ring jordan and kobe towards it. Just looks dumb that both my figures are in dunk positions looking at nothing but blank space. Haha it's just better to point them towards something. That something to me is not gonna be 240 if its not even that worth it. Lol

That's where I was at when I made the decision to go with the storm toys rim. It's just a complementary piece… the Jordan, Kobe and or Lebron figures are the stars of the display. From 1" away you might be like dang I wish the rim was metal. But from a regular viewing distance you don't even think about it. I know it doesn't cross my mind until I come on here lol

I think it comes down to two things. Do you need a shot clock? If so, Enterbay is the easy choice. 2nd- Do you need to display the basket without the court? The Enterbay basket is free standing whereas the Storm toys basket is built onto a section of the court.

Nobody is bothered by the Storm Toys net? The net weave seems too large at 1/6 scale. I think the weave on the Enterbay net is way better, & suits the scale more.

That's where I was at when I made the decision to go with the storm toys rim. It's just a complementary piece… the Jordan, Kobe and or Lebron figures are the stars of the display. From 1" away you might be like dang I wish the rim was metal. But from a regular viewing distance you don't even think about it. I know it doesn't cross my mind until I come on here lol

I think it comes down to two things. Do you need a shot clock? If so, Enterbay is the easy choice. 2nd- Do you need to display the basket without the court? The Enterbay basket is free standing whereas the Storm toys basket is built onto a section of the court.

Don't care too much for the shot clock. It's not like these toys will come to life and finish a sequence of moves to beat the buzzer. :lol:lol

Nobody is bothered by the Storm Toys net? The net weave seems too large at 1/6 scale. I think the weave on the Enterbay net is way better, & suits the scale more.

I guess but its also just net. Pretty sure that'll be replaceable

Before Enterbay entered the picture I was thinking of removing the net from the Storm Toys version altogether, to make it look less cheap. I don't even think replacing it even came to mind. Maybe because I wouldn't even know what to replace it with. Good idea though.

Now I want to figure out a way to hide the ENTERBAY lettering on their hoop.

Not just that tho. I feel like the enterbay is not to scale. It's too big in my opinion. Height and the backboard. The only con to it is the rim is metal and useless shot clock (for me anyway)

Con? You mean pro right? But I understand those things are excess to what you need.

I'm not too sure the EB hoop is too big. Going by the video posted earlier, if the figures were placed directly under the hoop, instead of next to the post in the distance, it might be easier to see how well the hoop is scaled. Unless you weren't basing your assumptions on the video posted, but on another source. If so, please share. I've been trying to find pics or video with EB hoop measurements, or with the figures placed directly under the hoop.

What do you think Redgie? Is the EB hoop scaled nicely enough to their figures? $240 is a crazy amount to spend on this. I think most in here agree it's not worth the asking price, but at the very least, it should be a good product for that price.

I received an email with tracking for the Enterbay Hoop this morning. Cant wait to get it! My plan is the print out an NBA logo and cut to size the bottom part and just apply it to that part with double stick tape. Nice and snug. I do think that the EB net is much better than Storm Toys but removing the net would be an option if you go that route. Actually, if someone would make regular outdoor court clothing, it would be a very cool setup! Create a graffiti wall in the background. :)

Will let you know when I receive the hoop and photo it.

Con? You mean pro right? But I understand those things are excess to what you need.

I'm not too sure the EB hoop is too big. Going by the video posted earlier, if the figures were placed directly under the hoop, instead of next to the post in the distance, it might be easier to see how well the hoop is scaled. Unless you weren't basing your assumptions on the video posted, but on another source. If so, please share. I've been trying to find pics or video with EB hoop measurements, or with the figures placed directly under the hoop.

What do you think Redgie? Is the EB hoop scaled nicely enough to their figures? $240 is a crazy amount to spend on this. I think most in here agree it's not worth the asking price, but at the very least, it should be a good product for that price.

lol yeah i meant pro. i mean, based off the picture that redgie posted (on instagram, it's his picture so i would rather have him share than me), it seems taller and slightly wider as far as the backboard goes. and for my displaying options, the size of the hoop is very limited. trust me i've gone back and forth on which hoop to get, i still can't decide yet i'm leaning towards storm toys just for personal reasons. i do agree the enterbay one is much, much better. Luckily (more like unluckily), i had to spend my hoop buying money on a speeding ticket FML, so i guess that gives me a little more time to decide which route i'm really gonna go.

As much as I want to sell this to you, I just can't since I am a completist with regard to NBA figures

ha. no worries bro. it was a stupid question, i forgot i saw your collection on the other boards and MY GOD, that collection is heavenly. haha. :hi5: on that

ha. no worries bro. it was a stupid question, i forgot i saw your collection on the other boards and MY GOD, that collection is heavenly. haha. :hi5: on that

Thanks man. Besides there is no way I can ship this to you since you can not disassemble it without damaging it.

I just received my enterbay hoop! Very nice indeed! The net is string but correctly tied and pulling it gives the same effect as the real thing...I'm 6' 4" and play so I should know. It does have enterbay on the base but I will just print out an NBA logo on black background and place over it. 31 1/4" from floor to top of score box. Base is 9" wide. Backboard is 12"W x 8 1/4"H. Floor to rim 20". I should get my ser2 MJ tomorrow and will then post some pics. Hope I gave enough info but if not just ask Qs.

20" from floor to rim is exactly 1/6 scale. Backboard is the exact width for 1/6 at 12", but the backboard height should have been 7" if it wanted to be the correct 1/6 measurement. That's accurate enough for me. If Jordan is the correct 1/6 height of 13", then the EB hoop shouldn't look that oversized, unless the height of the backboard is really throwing it off.

Sounds good overall (still not worth $240 :lol). Nice info. I want one. Thanks JYo :hi5:

Edit: Is the hoop 3" in diameter?

Last edited:
Haha. Damn that thing is big.
Have 68,5cm shelve space, which should leave a 1/4th inch above the top of the backboard, without the shot clock attached :D

Yes very BIG! I'm working right now but should get my figure today and will take photos tonight for more info. With the Storm Toys hoop out there, Enterbay's is more expensive but the net looks much better to me on this one than what I have seen in other photos of the ST version. I'm creating the NBA logo for placement over the enterbay right now. If I get the figure then photos should be posted tomorrow. It will be interesting if Enterbay creates hands to hold the rim for their tongue out version. If they do, I am sure they would also work on the ST hoop but I wanted EB just to be safe in that regard.

Ok, finally got my figure and posting photos of the hoop. Hoop first comes with protective mask on glass. I took other images on my ipad but cant seem to get those onto here as easily but these should be ok for now. What more info would you like? I like this hoop, it's very nice and on scale to me. Only issue I see is that we need a higher clip to hold jordan for this as HE gets way up there above the rim. The holder only goes so high... my remedy is to cut a circle out of wood the same size as base, paint black or red and just place it under base. Perhaps only 1" higher would be fine. This will get the figure more accurate to some of his dunks!

Hoop1.jpg

Hoop2.jpg

Hoop3.jpg

Hoop4.jpg

Hoop5.jpg

Hoop6.jpg

I forgot to mention that the net can be puffed out a bit. The string is nice. I pulled mine a bit taught before taking the pics but it IS very nice if you open it a bit. It stays true to form ever tho it is string. I am VERY happy with my purchase on this over the ST version. I also DID make the NBA TV logo for the base and I will take another photo tonight.

If you're taking photo requests, I'd appreciate a front on pic of your Jordan figure standing directly under the hoop. A whole bunch of pics of the hoop & your figure would be cool :D

Back