Enterbay announces NBA line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know anything about his UD agreement, but it could be country/region-specific. Or it could only relate to figures of a certain scale or type.

Or, seeing as how this line will take several years to get off the ground, maybe his old deal will expire by then :D

Also one other thing to consider, we probably wont see any retired players any time soon (like never) since EB would have to get their individual rights which costs mucho dinero, compared to striking a deal with the NBAPA where they would get access to any and all active players...

I wouldnt think so, I think the lockout doesnt affect the players association and once the announcement was made, the contract to produce was already authorized. Plus there was a lockout back in 1999 and I dont recall it affecting any merchandise.

yeah thats true, hey maybe we can get a Stafon Marbury with alternate China league jersey!

Well, this is great news to me. I'm a die-hard NBA fan. Following the Lakers for over 20 years. I just hope they don't end up looking like toys. They need to make them like Hot Toys Iconic/fashion figures. They ABSOLUTELY need 2 outfits. The team outfit with the pull-away warm-ups and their daily fashion, like what they normally wear on talk-shows and press conferences. Imagine Kobe in his white outfit that he shot for LA Times magazine? Hahaha.

Well, this is great news to me. I'm a die-hard NBA fan. Following the Lakers for over 20 years. I just hope they don't end up looking like toys. They need to make them like Hot Toys Iconic/fashion figures. They ABSOLUTELY need 2 outfits. The team outfit with the pull-away warm-ups

Uniform & Warm-up gear sounds great to me., however i could care less about daily fashion.

What uniforms would you guys like to see HOME or AWAY?

Uniform & Warm-up gear sounds great to me., however i could care less about daily fashion.

Let me see:

Lakers (Kobe): home (yellow)
Celtics (Pierce): away (green)
Heat (Wade and James): away (black)
Bulls (Jordan): away (red)
Knicks (Amare): home (white)
Rockets (Ming): away (red)
Magic (Howard): home (white)
Spurs (Duncan): home (white)
Mavs (Dirk): home (white)

My guess of figures and preference of jersey color. :)

You a sneakerhead Verbal?

You know there's a pair of XI's coming out next week right?

I used to be, but stopped collecting around 2005. Although, I do still keep track of a few certain releases like Deion's or CB's. I do spend alot of time in a general Nike forum though:wink1:

Well, I say fashion too because just to make it a little different than all the sports figures out there. Though I'm a huge basketball fan, I never bought anything from Upper Deck or McFarlane. I just don't want them to look like something 12 yr olds would be drawn to like all mainstream sports figures. I want it to look classy and at least $150.

As for the uniform, which ever color the team is iconic for. The Lakers, yellow of course. Larry Bird, green. Jordan, red. And the material better not be cloth. It better be like the real thing.

GREAT news! I'm very interested indeed. Let's hope they have developed a good body type for the NBA line... umm, not a big fan of rubber bodies and enterbay's standard figures have obvious fugly joints.

Ok i NEVER,EVER expected a Sports line from either HT or Enterbay,i have zero interest in NBA and Enterbay will maybe manage to produce 2 NBA figures TOPS,but this opens the opportunity for more Sports figure like i have requested for a long time.I hope we see some Boxing Legends too someday.

A few of you say WTF is EB doing with this....

Look at it this way, this will open up to all BBall fans who may of never seen a 1/6 figure to the standards of what we are used to, the amount of non collectors is huge.

Thats my opinion! you may laugh at them now but If done right, EB may be laughing all the way to the bank!

AND thats just Asia, I'm not talking about USA or Europe......

I'm one of the few you mentioned.

Look at it this way, most BBall fans don't even know the existence of 1/6th figures, not past the standard of Barbie and the like, and, as you say, they are non collectors, so apart from perhaps becoming aware, they will baulk at the price tag of such an item.

That's my opinion. I wonder how you might envisage that they be "done right". For Enterbay to be successful with this line, I would envisage they would have to somehow connect with all the fans that aren't collectors, because as I see it, after the first wave of collectors bite there's going to be a huge amount of shelf warmers, costing Enterbay money.

They usually announce an edition size. So they'd want to release the most popular figure first, to test the waters. Then they'd either chuck it in or move on to another player. The time frame mightn't bother them as much as it does us collectors, but I can't see slow release times working for them so far.

Sure I'm biased because I'm not a sports fan, and basketball isn't as popular here as it once was.

Back