Enterbay announces NBA line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still odd to me though that a company is tackling a 1/6 NBA line, I have a hard time imagining sports fans will shell out $200 or more for a 1/6 figure.

This won't go on shelves with other 1/6 toys, it'll go into home bars and media rooms that have signed jerseys on the wall and gold plated replica championship rings in glass cabinets.

People who collect sports memorabilia exclusively don't even know what EnterBay is. So in reality, the people who will end up buying these figures are likely already 1/6 scale collectors i.e. not new customers to this hobby i.e. not the market EB is hoping to entice with a license like this since existing collectors don't seem to be foaming at the mouth at the idea of 1/6 scale Basketball players at $200 a pop.

I would think Kobe, LBJ and (for a chinese company) Yao would be the first figs made.

A 1/6th UFC Figures is not a bad idea as well. :lecture I'll definitely get a high-quality 1/6th figures of GSP & Royce Gracie if ever they decide to make it as well. :yess:

beg to differ that only 1/6 fans would go for it.
With the right advertising, even if word of mouth, etc, you can go outside of the usual collecting customers.

my friend at work saw me collect figures and statues. he knew the detail HT and Enterbay has. but when i mentioned Kobe, he said to keep him posted. I mentioned the price range. he said keep him posted.

me, i might not collect them all, let alone alot, but if they had some Houston Rockets players, of had to customize say a Charles Barkley into a rockets jersey... would go for it.

People who collect sports memorabilia exclusively don't even know what EnterBay is. So in reality, the people who will end up buying these figures are likely already 1/6 scale collectors i.e. not new customers to this hobby i.e. not the market EB is hoping to entice with a license like this since existing collectors don't seem to be foaming at the mouth at the idea of 1/6 scale Basketball players at $200 a pop.

That is essentially my point... no real precedent for high end action figures of sports stars. MacFarlane has done well with their figures; but those are mass market and affordable; something like this is not.

That is essentially my point... no real precedent for high end action figures of sports stars. MacFarlane has done well with their figures; but those are mass market and affordable; something like this is not.

:goodpost::exactly:

However, i'd pay through the nose for a Derek Jeter & Mariano Rivera PF in pinstripes :yess:

Anybody know when the Bryant figure will be available. This will probably be my first Enterbay figure. I think their detail is amazing, they just havent really released anything I've been interested in.

Please Enterbay, make a Derek Fisher figure in road uniform. :pray:
Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+New+Jersey+Nets+3dg4PBdR3Ocl.jpg

Derek-Fisher-Profile.jpg

Dennis Rodman in Bulls uniform.
....with pre-order bonus of his Lakers uniform from his short hilarious run there. :D

He was just elected to the hall of fame - now is the time!

"2000Never" ya ya ya I saw that hilarious joke pages ago.
I mean really, does anyone know any projection date?

Devil? :D

Nah seriously, its a known fact that there is never any solid date. Thats why the jokes always pop up. Still though the idea of having high end 1/6 athletes is damn intriguing. Hopefully they change that part of their business. Teasers are getting real lame and fast.

They haven't even shown a preview of the box yet which is a crucial part of Enterbay's marketing strategy apparently....

Back