Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of lesser taste have taken a crap on this figure you mean. They would be wrong. ;)

I had mine out all weekend and he impresses the hell out of me every time.

Some of lesser taste have taken a crap on this figure you mean. They would be wrong. ;)

I had mine out all weekend and he impresses the hell out of me every time.

Oh really now? :lol

fist-bite.gif

As much as people have crapped on this figure in the past few weeks or so, I figured a positive review was in order
Not my review, but I did enjoy it

12 minute mark shows a comparison of the figure paint vs the movie paint
Also, if you look at the back of robos suit, you can see how the shoulder blades have a black rubber that leads into the armor
Eb nailed the proportions of this figure, a much thicker robo than the competitors

Yup, I think the closest rival looks to be the PCS 1/4 statue prototype. We'll see what they produce. On production piece, the EB definitely takes it for the reasons you say. Peter Weller lost so much weight in the role, but in order to fit in the HT dimensions, with all that rubber over him and then the armour, he'd have to be a skeleton :)
I liked the quote you put up in the pcs thread about how their team researched robo. They said robo was thick and big because someone was inside the suit.
The pcs piece looks great. I do think EB could have gotten so close to it by adding a little more articulation. A better/dual ab crunch so that robo can arch his back or lean left/right. Putting the neck on a standard joint so that he can lolok over his shoulder and bam, you can recreate the look the pcs statue is going for
If one doesn't like to pose their figs, than everything I said above is garbage and I can understand that. This piece sits well in a museum pose too

The thing EB has really strong is that clear shiny gloss finish to the armour, that is totally screen accurate and nothing else has it. As for splitting hairs over the silver between the HT and the EB, if people really think the HT finish is better, good luck to them :)
I agree, in addition, I think the eb base color is much closer to the film color, although it might be lacking some hues
I watched robocop over again this weekend and I can't remember seeing a single scene where robocop was silver. Not one

The thing EB has really strong is that clear shiny gloss finish to the armour
:exactly:
When trying to look more in-depth the screen paint, the reflection was a lot more from the gloss coat. EB captured this, while HT's base reflection too strong. I'm not paint expert but that is what we can see from our toys. Both EB and HT COULD NOT reproduce the look due to what we see on movie screen were results affected by ambient and photography lighting and were highly postprocessed images...

I liked the quote you put up in the pcs thread about how their team researched robo. They said robo was thick and big because someone was inside the suit.
The pcs piece looks great. I do think EB could have gotten so close to it by adding a little more articulation. A better/dual ab crunch so that robo can arch his back or lean left/right. Putting the neck on a standard joint so that he can lolok over his shoulder and bam, you can recreate the look the pcs statue is going for
If one doesn't like to pose their figs, than everything I said above is garbage and I can understand that. This piece sits well in a museum pose too
totally agree~ your comment and reviews do justice to the EBs~~

Awesome repaint. Damn im so jalouse of talented customizers like you.
Come one bbkill make that headsculpt available (and compatible with EB robocop) pleaaaaaaaaaase!
thanks man~~ that head sculpt, has been spending me to much produce...but I will try to revisit the idea later~~~

Well at the end of the day, I like both of them~:clap
Outstanding product from both companies~ while it's bloody true that HT is expert in figure fabrication.

]I tried my best to match the "let the woman go, you are under arrest pose" from a couple pages back
Same lighting, tried to make sure I was at the same angle, etc. the eb version has limited arm articulation, so those pics will have robos left arm slightly lower
And one last disclaimer, I stink at posing and taking pics, camera is an iPhone

Ht
D6744E0D-499E-44A0-B070-9B617186D532.jpg

B72BB506-AEEE-4EF2-A788-1385BB350845.jpg

77172F02-CAEB-43BC-94C7-91D5E020DF47.jpg

3E8FA57B-4207-4691-8E16-4314A0B411AA.jpg

Eb
0AD58288-5EED-4E37-A5D1-AE8B9ED9DFAD.jpg

FCB2F4A7-B539-410C-8136-287AB1777E62.jpg

F27654C1-97F4-4A99-B551-3850BB0BBCF3.jpg

F32F96D6-C33E-4521-B3E2-39E07485A0C6.jpg

Lol, I actually prefer the eb version in this pose

Trick there is to get far enough away so that the lens doesn't distort the figure. Your shots are pretty good, but the web is full of shots taken with a phone two inches away from the subject and it looks like a fisheye shot. Hopeless for judging what objects look like :)
thanks for the tips! I'll use em

FYI, eb robo has more ab articulation than I gave it credit for, was able to arch his back and I wasn't aware of this prior

Said it before but will say it again, I would have been VERY tempted by this (the Weller sculpt, official or not, is awesome) had the price not been a complete joke. No way it's worth £500+ of anyone's money.

Said it before but will say it again, I would have been VERY tempted by this (the Weller sculpt, official or not, is awesome) had the price not been a complete joke. No way it's worth £500+ of anyone's money.

I got mine for $548 which was about £330 directly from Enterbay.

It's now on sale from Enterbay for $435 which is about £277.

where on earth are you getting this £500 from dude?

That's a ripoff price.

Buy it somewhere else bro.

Ah don't worry I'm not stupid enough to pay that price for what is essentially very pretty plastic. I will keep an eye on the price of this one though, still waiting for my HT Robo to show up before buying anything.

Back