Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those pics illustrate exactly the reason why i like the enterbay version better then the hot toys version. The enterbay version is more proportionally accurate to whats seen on screen. The hot toys version legs are too skinny for example and so is his mid torso. The colour on the enterbay figure is also more accurate. So its a win win for enterbay imo.

I'll put up some more comparison pics later
I know I've said it before, but I wish the eb version was more articulated
Next comparison pics will show the limitations of the eb version

But yeah, IMO, the eb version is the better version in those pics
I probably should have done this before writing my opinion of the two

Also something I noticed is that when you hold the mouth pieces next to each other, they are very similar in skin color
I've never thought the eb version looked tan and I'm wondering if the lighter silver of the ht version makes it stand out more

I was able to get a few more poses done. I will say that both have their issues when posing.The HT hands are just as aggrevating as the eb hands, they should have included a hand to hold the gun. Also, the HT version is harder to stay up right, probably because of its weight. But, Im just complaining, it was fun to try to hit these iconic robocop looks
Disclaimer: not much or a poser or picture taker, if i missed something obvious, please let me know. I tried to capture the angel of each picture and make sure it was consistent with both robos
1st attempted pose

2nd attempted pose

3rd attempted pose(by far the hardest for me or the figures to get close to, pcs statue owns this pose)

I like both figs a ton, both have their advantages/disadvantages, neither are perfect
i probably gave too much credit to the ht version as i was excited i could bend the elbow 90 and turn the head more, but the eb holds up well in all pics, some it wins in

Last edited:
What I did notice that I hadn't earlier is the forearm pieces/hands are more accurate on the eb in terms of shape and finish, ht version is very shiny in comparison
Also, the inlays in robos leg are much more pronounced on the ht version and less screen accurate. The last robocop photo shows this well

I also think the shape of the chin strap(where it meets the skin of weller) is more screen accurate on the ht version, eb doesn't sweep enough and becomes vertical too quickly IMO.

In my original comparison of the two figures, it looks like i placed too much emphasis on articulation and too little on proportions. I should have done a proper comparison prior to writing

Last edited:
Those pics illustrate exactly the reason why i like the enterbay version better then the hot toys version. The enterbay version is more proportionally accurate to whats seen on screen. The hot toys version legs are too skinny for example and so is his mid torso. The colour on the enterbay figure is also more accurate. So its a win win for enterbay imo.

Which is so ironic, when the main reason for buying the Hot Toys version was because the color was suppose to be more accurate. I just don't get how they could do a 180 and make it even more silver than the EB one. :cuckoo:

I was able to get a few more poses done. I will say that both have their issues when posing.The HT hands are just as aggrevating as the eb hands, they should have included a hand to hold the gun. Also, the HT version is harder to stay up right, probably because of its weight. But, Im just complaining, it was fun to try to hit these iconic robocop looks
Disclaimer: not much or a poser or picture taker, if i missed something obvious, please let me know. I tried to capture the angel of each picture and make sure it was consistent with both robos
1st attempted pose

2nd attempted pose

The pose on the Hot Toys one does look a bit more realistic in both attempts but the poses on the EB one are realistic enough.

Which is so ironic, when the main reason for buying the Hot Toys version was because the color was suppose to be more accurate. I just don't get how they could do a 180 and make it even more silver than the EB one. :cuckoo:

That's the thing that gets me. It was one area that HT had apparently CLEARLY pwned the Enterbay figure and yet when the final figure comes out Enterbay beats it (though not by much).

That's the thing that gets me. It was one area that HT had apparently CLEARLY pwned the Enterbay figure and yet when the final figure comes out Enterbay beats it (though not by much).

Yeah I know man I just don't get it, I was really disappointed by the color of EBs and that is why I was looking forward to Hot Toys one because it looked perfect in their promo pics, which we now know were probably photoshopped and put in certain lighting to give it that blue hue look. Hot Toys is doing some weird things lately, They made the Strike suit Cap appear scrawny by putting a padded suit on him, thus, giving him a flatter chest, looks nothing like the big muscular body on their prototype. :thud:

1st attempted pose

2nd attempted pose

3rd attempted pose(by far the hardest for me or the figures to get close to, pcs statue owns this pose)

I like both figs a ton, both have their advantages/disadvantages, neither are perfect
i probably gave too much credit to the ht version as i was excited i could bend the elbow 90 and turn the head more, but the eb holds up well in all pics, some it wins in

Great pics.

Is it me, or the EB version looks like the real thing compared to the HT one when posed? HT one screams "I'm a toy" where the EB one doesn't.

Is it just me?

Thx for sharing, 5x10. Imma pose the hell out of mine later.

The pose on the Hot Toys one does look a bit more realistic in both attempts but the poses on the EB one are realistic enough.
i agree, the ht articulation shows here, especially with the left arm of robo being able to bend more and the shoulders/wrists have more articulation as well.
But even with the articulation advantage, the eb version holds its own!
I will say that I think both companies attached the arms a little lower than they should(more so the ht version) and didn't extend the top of the arms up high enough

Great pics Thank you rx10 :)
Great pics.

Is it me, or the EB version looks like the real thing compared to the HT one when posed? HT one screams "I'm a toy" where the EB one doesn't.

Is it just me?

pics or it didn't happen! :D
And no, it's not just you. The ht version does feel like more of a toy to me as well. I'm not sure if its because of the size(when compared to the eb) or the proportions, or what
It's funny because others in the past have accused the eb version of coming off like a toy

Yeah I know man I just don't get it, I was really disappointed by the color of EBs and that is why I was looking forward to Hot Toys one because it looked perfect in their promo pics, which we now know were probably photoshopped and put in certain lighting to give it that blue hue look. Hot Toys is doing some weird things lately, They made the Strike suit Cap appear scrawny by putting a padded suit on him, thus, giving him a flatter chest, looks nothing like the big muscular body on their prototype. :thud:

I don't think it was photoshopped I think the prototype was actually that colour. They just pulled a bait and switch big time.
That's why you just can't trust ht. You have to pay pre-orders for all items they release and by the time you have paid and see what your getting something is wrong. They are very hit and miss. Some of their figures come out great others like Robocop leave a lot to be desired.

Great pics.

Is it just me?

Nope not just you the ht version does look toyish compared to the enterbay version. At the moment enterbays is the definitive Robocop collectible to own for me but that may all change when chronicle release theirs.

I don't think it was photoshopped I think the prototype was actually that colour. They just pulled a bait and switch big time.
That's why you just can't trust ht. You have to pay pre-orders for all items they release and by the time you have paid and see what your getting something is wrong. They are very hit and miss. Some of their figures come out great others like Robocop leave a lot to be desired.

I don't know man this pic was taken at Ani-Com (I think) earlier in the year and it looks silver here, granted not shiny silver but the color does not look the same as the color in the promo pics as I see no hint of blue like the promo pics. :dunno

Last edited:
That colour in the pic above is spot on. That's the colour it should be. Gunmetal grey with hints of purple. What we got was shiny silver.

That colour in the pic above is spot on. That's the colour it should be. Gunmetal grey with hints of purple. What we got was shiny silver.

knee down(on robos left leg), its looks shiny silver. weird that the rest of the figure isnt the same

I don't know man this pic was taken at Ani-Com (I think) earlier in the year and it looks silver here, granted not shiny silver but the color does not look the same as the color in the promo pics as I see no hint of blue like the promo pics. :dunno]
The prototype photos were taken with a bluer white balance. The whole image, including the blacks and skin tones, have a blue cast to them, hence why the metal also looked bluer. No different than the prototype photos for '89 Keaton Batman..

Yeah but it is still different to the blueish color in the promo pics, which were the pics that attracted me to the piece. Personally I think there is not enough blue hues in this but one thing for sure is that it is so much better than the final Hot Toys product that was released.

The prototype photos were taken with a bluer white balance. The whole image, including the blacks and skin tones, have a blue cast to them, hence why the metal also looked bluer. No different than the prototype photos for '89 Keaton Batman..

Thanks for clearing that up, so they still used techniques to make it appear more blue.

Back