Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I certainly hope not.

NECA_Robocop18Sound1.jpg

Dude, I think NECA's likeness are terrible in my opinion. As such it's very hard to gage weather they had Weller likeness rights.

You basing that on final production figures? Because if its a question of whether or not NECA's sculptors have any talent I think it's more appropriate to look at the 2up prototypes. You can't tell me the Hudson (Aliens) and Shaw (Prometheus) prototypes don't look like the respective actors they represent. Sure there are some that miss the mark like any company has - Kyle Reese, the recent Ripley they showed - but the sculptors are not less talented than HT and EB.

Wait, EB didn't get the Weller rights and made it anyway? :lol I'm surprised Howard isn't on the phone with MGM/Whoever.

Half of his face anyway. I really don't see how MGM or anybody could really find ways around fist ****ing EB Bill for that. Lol.

As an actual owner of BOTH Robocops (much like some guys here) I still stand that the EB version is the superior one.

Why?

Simple, kick ass display. Period.

Heft? Don't care about it.

Articulation? I hardly ever move the thing.

Weller likeness? It HAS it. Better than the spray tanned HT one.

Paint? Imo, better than the HT one, although I don't see that as an issue.

I, in no way look down at people that pose these things daily/weekly/monthly. Or even if you play with them. It's your money.

Much like the EB BD T2 vs the DX13, the EB one offers a display that is seriously unmatched. It gives you that statue feel as long as you don't lift it.

But, as I said, I don't think you could go wrong with either one. And if you happen to be lucky enough to own both, you are in for a treat.

We all win.

But my vote is, still, for the EB version. I'm actually shipping the HT Robo either today or Monday. Sold it already. I really don't need two. Not that there's anything wrong with that though.

You basing that on final production figures? Because if its a question of whether or not NECA's sculptors have any talent I think it's more appropriate to look at the 2up prototypes. You can't tell me the Hudson (Aliens) and Shaw (Prometheus) prototypes don't look like the respective actors they represent. Sure there are some that miss the mark like any company has - Kyle Reese, the recent Ripley they showed - but the sculptors are not less talented than HT and EB.

Are you kidding me? I completely disagree dude. I think NECA make ugly figures. They are rough and slopply painted. The 6" are marginally better with one or two relatively decent ones like Hudson. I haven't seen Shaw in hand yet. But not one of their 1:4 scale figure are in any way good in my opinion and there are far better sculpters out there by some margin out there and at least in my opinion cannot even come near Hot Toys in terms of likeness.

I used to be positive about NECA....until I saw their Thor in all his crucked faces glory.

I base all my opinions on final production as when you are in such a job, it is your duty you work knowing how manufactures work.

Half of his face anyway. I really don't see how MGM or anybody could really find ways around fist ****ing EB Bill for that. Lol.

As an actual owner of BOTH Robocops (much like some guys here) I still stand that the EB version is the superior one.

Why?

I, in no way look down at people that pose these things daily/weekly/monthly. Or even if you play with them. It's your money.

Much like the EB BD T2 vs the DX13, the EB one offers a display that is seriously unmatched. It gives you that statue feel as long as you don't lift it.

But, as I said, I don't think you could go wrong with either one. And if you happen to be lucky enough to own both, you are in for a treat.

We all win.

But my vote is, still, for the EB version. I'm actually shipping the HT Robo either today or Monday. Sold it already. I really don't need two. Not that there's anything wrong with that though.

good write up Fran! I can completely understand where your coming from, especially if you dont pose them

Are you kidding me? I completely disagree dude. I think NECA make ugly figures. They are rough and slopply painted. The 6" are marginally better with one or two relatively decent ones like Hudson. I haven't seen Shaw in hand yet. But not one of their 1:4 scale figure are in any way good in my opinion and there are far better sculpters out there by some margin out there and at least in my opinion cannot even come near Hot Toys in terms of likeness.

I used to be positive about NECA....until I saw their Thor in all his crucked faces glory.

I base all my opinions on final production as when you are in such a job, it is your duty you work knowing how manufactures work.

They also happen to be $300 less for the most part.

OK but mass production mass market toys will tend to lose a lot. That's why I stressed that if you're gonna judge the talent of the sculptors you should base your view on the prototypes, the originals that they personally work on. If you do that, and still think their sculpts are crap....well, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Did either of you guys collect any Macfarlane Figure? Did any of you have the TX 6" figure from Terminator 3? I did.

You can totally get great likenesses on smaller mass market figures guys.

SPAWN.COM >> TOYS >> MOVIES AND TV >> TERMINATOR 3 >> T-X

The final product was pretty much identical to the prototype too.

Edit: I would also echo what alyd said too. I really don't like how they feel as an articulated figure. Horrible plastic too in my opinion.

Last edited:
Some of NECA's sculpts, particularly its human portraits, have been mystifying. But I contend that if NECA had actually gotten Weller's likeness, Randy would have crowed and bragged and promoted it. Which leads me to believe it didn't.

It makes fine sense. It is simply the case that EB were a bit ballsy about it and decided to go ahead and make Weller faceplates anyway, which they didn't officially announce as being such, and hoped they'd get away with it. I find it harder to believe that NECA would aim for Weller and miss as badly as they did considering how good many of their other sculpts are.

I mean the mouth on the NECA figures is clearly and obviously not Weller. Looks more like a Judge Dredd with the lines and puffy mouth they gave him. That was deliberate. That wasn't an attempt at Weller - furthermore if they had Weller's likeness permission where is the unmasked Robo that NECA collectors want? There's no way they wouldn't make that if they had his likeness rights.

Hmm that's true, bro I was only speculating to why the likeness of Robocop sucks on NECA. What you said makes sense, EB just took a risk and made it look like Weller, hoping no one that is important would care.

Why?

We all win.

But my vote is, still, for the EB version.

Wow that was short and straight to the point. As for articulation, I think people are annoyed by the lack of poses they can achieve not so much about how they can't play with it everyday and keep switching poses. :dunno

I'm actually shipping the HT Robo either today or Monday. Sold it already. I really don't need two. Not that there's anything wrong with that though.

Wow that was quick, did you make a profit?

Yeah it's not like either of them have an accurate hue, but for me the clear gloss finish to the EB armour is where you see a bit of that extra money... just a bit though, still costs way too much I reckon, but that's because it's got so many features I see as worthless.

But ever since the HT production piece came out, for me, it's been the use of colour that's killed it. But, the EB always had the better proportions, as bbkill said earlier :)

Yeah that was the big appeal to me, I can't believe what they did. It was the only thing that made it look better than EB. :thud:

The thing that bites me about them is the articulation. If they had smooth joints I'd cut them so much more slack. But they're squeaky with really tough joints. Just horrible to pose. I actually cut my hands a little posing their 1/4 RoboCop because he's full of sharp angles and the joints were so tough.

Wow seriously? That is pretty bad, so I guess you don't try to move him very much then?

Neca's 18inch robo is not bad at all and it worth the money, but I finally turned him into BD robo
IMG_20141104_010049_zpsfdf57281.jpg

IMG_20141115_072721_zps63037255.jpg

Awesome repaint. Damn im so jalouse of talented customizers like you.
Come one bbkill make that headsculpt available (and compatible with EB robocop) pleaaaaaaaaaase!

image.jpg

Last edited:
As much as people have crapped on this figure in the past few weeks or so, I figured a positive review was in order
Not my review, but I did enjoy it

As much as people have crapped on this figure in the past few weeks or so, I figured a positive review was in order
Not my review, but I did enjoy it

Thanks for sharing that. Pretty cool review.

I don't regret having spent $600 on this guy for a second. He's stunning.

Back