Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, that looks great. According to Bill, the paintjob is applied by a "mobile phone mega factory". Promising, now let's see if this can stand on production pieces.

The remote control stuff made me wonder about interchangeable heads since they teased a Murphy headscuplt. How hard will the changing process be ?How fragile is the whole neck mechanism ? :horror

I'm no fanboy or cheerleader for any particular company, but when it comes to Hot Toys vs. Enterbay, my money is always on Hot Toys.

This Enterbay Robocop will probably look a little bit better and more like the real thing but in the end, it'll be a big, expensive POS. Moveable neck? Moveable head? Moveable Torso? Moveable Arms? The torso/chest armor is made up of two thin pieces? Um, yeah, this guy will make their clunky T-800 w/ breakable arms/shoulders look like a godsend.

Enterbay makes nice looking figures, no doubt. I'm blown away by their headsculpts. But ones that you can actually handle? Eh, not really. Of the figures I've bought and seen in person, you basically touch it once and only admire it from afar.

Now to be fair, Hot Toys has their break issues too (just ask the folks in the Spider-Man thread), but atleast I can get that taken care of.

1/4 scale (for action figures) also needs to die.

No doubt, I trust HT not to break moreso than I do Enterbay. I actually haven't personally suffered a breakage yet on an EB figure but I don't believe my figures would be immune to it. I know if I simply use the clean T-800's articulation often enough it'll break at the shoulder just like other people's have.

No doubt, I trust HT not to break moreso than I do Enterbay. I actually haven't personally suffered a breakage yet on an EB figure but I don't believe my figures would be immune to it. I know if I simply use the clean T-800's articulation often enough it'll break at the shoulder just like other people's have.

I didn't break my EB T-800 either, but then again, I haven't really touched mine since I first got it.

Right out of the box you could feel that it was a different beast entirely. The big legs, the arms, the way the shot gun weight pulled it down, the rubber torso construction, the real leather. It just doesn't feel like something you'd want to fiddle with at all, even carefully. I literally put him in a museum style, fisted pose and left it alone. The Enterbay Batman I held seemed the same way. Fantastic headsculpt and overall appearance, shoddy construction.

The Hot Toys T-800s? I mess with those a good bit. They're lighter, sure, but they feel like they're a better construction overall. I've had hand pegs, accessories and knees break on occasion, but it doesn't feel as bad because 1. for the most part, the pieces are easily replaceable and abundant from part outs online (something NOT readily available with Enterbay product) and 2. they're smaller and less expensive. It doesn't feel like I bought this expensive piece that is comparable to NECA or McFarlane in regards to quality control (though Hot Toys has been there, on occasion).

I just know, if I ever go and pose my EB Terminator, it'll break. Even before the incidents happened holding it in hand felt "wrong". I mean, these things shouldn't be indestructible, I'm not arguing that. But when I'm paying $400, $500, $600 dollars for something, the damages better be MY fault. I think NECA's original 1/4 Robo will fill that 1/4 QS void for years to come. Sure, it won't look as accurate, but atleast if it broke I wouldn't feel as devastated for a $40 collectible.

This Robo? Like I said, it'll probably look beautiful but construction and assembly wise, I bet Thinkway's electronic Buzz Lightyear's with the same action movement are of a better construction. And that's not a knock a rib at Thinkway either, they make durable toys.

Last edited:
Agreed on all. Yeah I've always felt anxious about handling EB's T-800s. At that pricepoint they really cease to be toys/Action figures....and yet they are. They articulate and have interchangeable clothes/accessories etc. Problem is what's the point in all that when you're too afraid to actually take advantage of any of it. So in this sense Enterbay are making terrible action figures.

I'm no fanboy or cheerleader for any particular company, but when it comes to Hot Toys vs. Enterbay, my money is always on Hot Toys.

This Enterbay Robocop will probably look a little bit better and more like the real thing but in the end, it'll be a big, expensive POS. Moveable neck? Moveable head? Moveable Torso? Moveable Arms? The torso/chest armor is made up of two thin pieces? Um, yeah, this guy will make their clunky T-800 w/ breakable arms/shoulders look like a godsend.

Enterbay makes nice looking figures, no doubt. I'm blown away by their headsculpts. But ones that you can actually handle? Eh, not really. Of the figures I've bought and seen in person, you basically touch it once and only admire it from afar.

Now to be fair, Hot Toys has their break issues too (just ask the folks in the Spider-Man thread), but atleast I can get that taken care of.

1/4 scale (for action figures) also needs to die.

I respectfully have to strongly disagree with this point. I love the 1/4 figs. these new pics looks pretty great. i'm cautiously hopeful that this will turn out epic. i'm choosing this version over the ht 1/6 version so please enterbay don't make me regret that decision.

Agreed on all. Yeah I've always felt anxious about handling EB's T-800s. At that pricepoint they really cease to be toys/Action figures....and yet they are. They articulate and have interchangeable clothes/accessories etc. Problem is what's the point in all that when you're too afraid to actually take advantage of any of it. So in this sense Enterbay are making terrible action figures.

Which is a pity because the tailoring, headsculpts and paint jobs (for the most part) are really well done.

Honestly, Enterbay would be better off making something similar to premium format statues. They excel in the clothing and headsculpt department, but fail with the QC and bodies. Like you said it's the action figure part that doesn't come through.

Nix the posable bodies and the weird accessory choices that can't even be used for the character/option (sometimes with repercussions) and I'd think they'd make killer, museum statues. As long as they chose a film accurate pose that wasn't extreme or inspired, I think they'd beat Sideshow in terms of realism.

This Robocop is going to be nightmare fuel I bet though. It appears to have everything an action figure, "toy" would have. Articulation, electronic, and remote controlled capabilities. Has there ever been a collectible out there with that many gimmicks that turned out to be well made?

Honestly, Enterbay would be better off making something similar to premium format statues.

How I wish they would do statues. Here's hoping Blitzway's Bruce Lee will be a success and a trendsetter like EB's own 1:4 clean T-800 was back in 2011. Such a pity to see those wonderful head sculpts on products I'll never buy.

This Robocop is going to be nightmare fuel I bet though. It appears to have everything an action figure, "toy" would have. Articulation, electronic, and remote controlled capabilities. Has there ever been a collectible out there with that many gimmicks that turned out to be well made?

and you certainly wouldn't bank on Enterbay to succeed at it with their QC and what I've heard of their customer service.

Nix the posable bodies and the weird accessory choices that can't even be used for the character/option (sometimes with repercussions) and I'd think they'd make killer, museum statues. As long as they chose a film accurate pose that wasn't extreme or inspired, I think they'd beat Sideshow in terms of realism.

And yet I'd possibly be out if that happened as I only collect Action figures. If I start buying PFs/statues that's a dangerous new road.

Really I just need better constructed and more durable bodies on these things. Using whatever materials necessary to achieve that.

And yet I'd possibly be out if that happened as I only collect Action figures. If I start buying PFs/statues that's a dangerous new road.

I agree . . . and yet.

If there was a 1/4 premium format that looked as good the Battle Damaged Terminator (or, judging by pics, this Robocop). I'd probably buy it.

No disrespect to Sideshow Collectibles, I love em, but there's something missing with their movie statues. Their recent BD Terminator for instance. It looks nice, but that sand paper, grainy texture on the skin looks horrible. The Arnold likeness is there, but isn't as strong (whether that's the painter or sculptors fault, I dunno) as what these Asian toy companies put out. Let's face it, in terms of price for two types, action figures and premium formats are about the same. So there's really no excuse as far as the look of finished product goes.

So, say we got a 1/4 "action statue" that looked as good as any of these fragile 1/4 figures, I'd buy it. Then I'd never really have to worry about "playing around" with it. It'd look as nice as a figure, without the problems.

And yeah, it'd be nice if Enterbay made nicer, more durable bodies but they can't even do that with their 1/6 lines. 1/6 is more geared toward the action figure/toy doll than 1/4 is, that goes all the way back to GI Joe and Barbie.

man this is going to be retarded!!! Hopefully diamond distribute this one as well!!

.....retarded? Has that become the new 'sick'? A word which should mean one thing but is appropriated for something else entirely?

.....retarded? Has that become the new 'sick'? A word which should mean one thing but is appropriated for something else entirely?

Hahaha well I dunno in Montreal people tend to use the word ''retarded'' and ''sick''... Forgot I was on the internetz for a moment:slap

highly unlikely. from the looks of it, seems we're still very very far away from actually getting this in hand

Unless these are pics that they took ages ago but are only now posting.

Hahaha well I dunno in Montreal people tend to use the word ''retarded'' and ''sick''... Forgot I was on the internetz for a moment:slap

Ah. I do that all the time. I've always found it funny though the way a word like 'sick' becomes a 'positive' thing when it should mean the exact opposite.

The lingo and jargon used through the decades... that would be an interesting read if someone ever wrote a book about it. :D

man this is going to be retarded!!! Hopefully diamond distribute this one as well!!

Enterbay,

you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retard.jpg~original

:lol

Well according to their sales reps,the Robocop will be out by years end but that was said last month and by these PICS it'll be more like the beginning of the first quarter!I for one can't wait to get this figure!^_^

Maybe they do things differently at Enterbay. They make the production line first and then they make a prototype for the last minute........that might explain all the **** ups actually.

Back