Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't object to that either - although, rather than putting a chip and speakers in the figure itself, a seperate little audio player with the various pieces of dialogue recorded on it would suffice - that I could select the line I want to hear while looking at the figure.

The NECA 18 inch figure has dialogue and Robo-motion sounds but you can't pick which line you want, you have to let it cycle through them.

Yeah that would work too, maybe a speaker built into the base? Sort of like what Mcfarlane did with their 12'' T-850.

I love the fact that they're including built in electronics with phrases, that's awesome.

But the head/body movement? Screw that. That's not only going to make it feel cheaper, but an action feature? Really? From the company that has QC issues with regular, standard figures? No thanks.

These guys ain't exactly Thinkway toys. In fact, this Robocop will probably be cheaper than the best mass produced Buzz Lightyear out there.

Looking forward to what it looks like, especially the Murphy face sculpt. Other than that, I dunno. I have the NECA 18".

maybe I can pick one up cheap down the road... one that has electrical problems... I have the sideshow exclusive PF though for now...

The issue I have is when ever an action is automated it generally means the joint is not poseable. And a Robocop where the head is in a fixed position does not interest me.

I love the fact that they're including built in electronics with phrases, that's awesome.

But the head/body movement? Screw that. That's not only going to make it feel cheaper, but an action feature? Really? From the company that has QC issues with regular, standard figures? No thanks.

Built in electronic phrases cheapens it enough already, none of these cheap toy gimmicks belong anywhere on a high end collectible.:lecture

Hey DiFabio,is the NECA 18" very articulated?I HOPE that you can still pose the head sculpt!Was RoboCop able to tilt his head in the movie?I really have to go and buy this movie!Did they release Blu Ray versions of the ROboCop movies?^_^

Why do people think something like a voice box cheapens a figure (which does nothing to hurt the overall look or appeal) But yet something like PERS is "amazing" to everyone...? :dunno

482165_587442751268557_1794509941_n.jpg

I didn't even see this pic earlier. So we are getting a Murphy head sculpt?

Why do people think something like a voice box cheapens a figure (which does nothing to hurt the overall look or appeal) But yet something like PERS is "amazing" to everyone...? :dunno
From what I've read on the forum, there are way more collectors that dislike PERS than like it. I don't know about anyone else, but to me voice chips cheapen the collectible because unlike other features, like lights (again, IMO... lots of collectors don't like lights, either), it doesn't add any accuracy or enjoyment and it gets real boring, real fast. I really can't imagine opening a display just to hear "I'll be back", "Dead or alive, you're coming with me", "Impressive. Most impressive", etc. And, sometimes it's integrated to the detriment of the figure. Although I wouldn't buy either, due to scale and Tamashii's being far superior, the newer C-3PO from Medicom has speaker holes drilled into the chest that destroy whatever good there was to the figure from the original release.

From what I've read on the forum, there are way more collectors that dislike PERS than like it. I don't know about anyone else, but to me voice chips cheapen the collectible because unlike other features, like lights (again, IMO... lots of collectors don't like lights, either), it doesn't add any accuracy or enjoyment and it gets real boring, real fast. I really can't imagine opening a display just to hear "I'll be back", "Dead or alive, you're coming with me", "Impressive. Most impressive", etc. And, sometimes it's integrated to the detriment of the figure. Although I wouldn't buy either, due to scale and Tamashii's being far superior, the newer C-3PO from Medicom has speaker holes drilled into the chest that destroy whatever good there was to the figure from the original release.

I understand that it wouldn't add to accuracy, but enjoyment? I beg to differ. I think it would be far more enjoyable than PERS, Stands with LED lights, etc. And at least if the voice box breaks the figure wouldn't be ruined.:lol And yes a 1/4 The Terminator T-800 that says "I'll be back" when you walked past it would add to my enjoyment.:)

I understand that it wouldn't add to accuracy, but enjoyment? I beg to differ. I think it would be far more enjoyable than PERS, Stands with LED lights, etc. And at least if the voice box breaks the figure wouldn't be ruined.:lol And yes a 1/4 The Terminator T-800 that says "I'll be back" when you walked past it would add to my enjoyment.:)
Yeah, I get it and I'm not against it, per se, so long as there's no tell-tale signs that the speaker's been added (e.g., new Medicom 3PO). Certainly it adds very little to the final cost (considering how cheaply the chips have been added to greeting cards and such), so yeah, if it'll add enjoyment for someone, I have no problem with it. Just not something I'd use once I got past the novelty.

Hey DiFabio,is the NECA 18" very articulated?I HOPE that you can still pose the head sculpt!Was RoboCop able to tilt his head in the movie?I really have to go and buy this movie!Did they release Blu Ray versions of the ROboCop movies?^_^

Dude the Blu rays are no better than the DVDs and bare bones editions too.I'm waiting and hoping for a better Blu Ray release the one this film deserves.

Only with movable lips that actually says "I'll be back"

Otherwise it feels like those think way batman and bane figures :lol

Moveable parts like the head, arms and waist? Seems breakable.

Interactivity? Seems breakable.

Back