English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it happens, overall its a much stronger team and bench although Vetonghen will be ahead of Dawson.

I knew I was forgetting someone big :slap

Man, what an amazing change from one year to the next... it's going to be like rooting for a different team in some respects... Still, I think we did some great business this year. Simply amazing. I love Bale and I always will but it will be really nice to see a team with balance on the pitch again.

Yeah the Spurs team looks so balanced now but it's not just the 1st team it's the whole squad, there looking strong.

Anyone watching Spurs against Dinamo Tbilisi, Townsend looks so good. He's should be a star, he looked really good for QPR last season

I knew I was forgetting someone big :slap

Yeah the Spurs team looks so balanced now but it's not just the 1st team it's the whole squad, there looking strong.

Anyone watching Spurs against Dinamo Tbilisi, Townsend looks so good. He's should be a star, he looked really good for QPR last season

haha i thought you didnt like him. Vetonghen is class. We still miss someone who can thread a pass and split defences open. Midfield looks powefull. Paulinho looks very tidy.

I hope we keep townsend. He's looked great pre season aswell and should push Lennon for a spot if lemela doesnt come

I hadn't realized it started already, though it's only 10am where I am in the States.... Nice half though! good to see Paulinho get on the score sheet, and I agree about Townsend. Really would like to see him get a shot.

And Gypsy, I'll miss Thudd for that reason alone. It's a shame he doesn't have just a touch more pace because the rest of his game was pretty damn good.

I hadn't realized it started already, though it's only 10am where I am in the States.... Nice half though! good to see Paulinho get on the score sheet, and I agree about Townsend. Really would like to see him get a shot.

And Gypsy, I'll miss Thudd for that reason alone. It's a shame he doesn't have just a touch more pace because the rest of his game was pretty damn good.

Totally agree. He is such an elegant passer and has a great shot. Without the ball tho, he looks like he is treading in sinking sand lol. If he was more mobile, he'd be awesome. Deserves first team football tho so good luck to him.

I know, I know.... Lamela becomes all the more crucial if that's the case. Still, it could just be crazy press/Twitter talk. I'm not sure if it just feels this way because I'm a Tottenham fan but it seems the English press writes more crazy transfer gossip about our club than any other.

could be his agent drumming up interest. just hope his friendship with avb pulls it thru.

Do chavs really need him ? mata on his way out maybe ?

could be his agent drumming up interest. just hope his friendship with avb pulls it thru.

Do chavs really need him ? mata on his way out maybe ?

Chelsea don't need him at all, there got so many playmakers as it is. They need an out & out striker but I think Lukaku will shine for Chelsea & may be another centre-back but definitely not another play-maker.

I thought something was up when he didn't sign after his medical saying he's keeping his options open. Normally when you have your medical you sign the contract straight after.

Chelsea don't need him at all, there got so many playmakers as it is. They need an out & out striker but I think Lukaku will shine for Chelsea & may be another centre-back but definitely not another play-maker.

I thought something was up when he didn't sign after his medical saying he's keeping his options open. Normally when you have your medical you sign the contract straight after.

Yep is a strange one. I just wonder if Mata might be on his way out ?
Id be gutted if he didnt come but there still a good chance.
If he dont come, I wonder if we may go in for Hulk ?

He has been very quiet and wants to leave. Plus its world cup year. Time will tell.

I agree. Lukaku is a beast but they need a world class forward. Shurrlie isnt a mourinho buy and Torres is pretty crap now lol.

If Willian signs for Chelsea it'll be roughly 30 seconds before a tabloid decides to run a story saying Mata will go to United with Rooney going in the opposite direction :lol

HAha the thought did cross my mind

There are still tabloid hacks clinging to the corpse of the Ronaldo return story so a Mata-Rooney swap deal "exclusive" shouldn't take them long to type up.

The way United have handled their business this window they're more likely to sign the lesser known Juan Ronaldo and Cristiano Mata :gah:

There are still tabloid hacks clinging to the corpse of the Ronaldo return story so a Mata-Rooney swap deal "exclusive" shouldn't take them long to type up.

The way United have handled their business this window they're more likely to sign the lesser known Juan Ronaldo and Cristiano Mata :gah:

Ronaldo deal wont happen yet imo. There could be something in the mata story. Im not convinced jose likes him.
With Real all of a suddern getting most of the Bale money, I wonder if they are infact selling Ozil to United ?

He would be an awesome buy for you guys. Very good player.

Last edited:
Your going to love this one Corsair & Utd fans

David Moyes admits there may be no new signings at Manchester United in this transfer window.

https://www1.skysports.com/football...es-wont-be-pressured-into-signing-new-players

At this point it's not really a suprise, United are now a second tier club happy to live off past glories.

I can't muster the enthusiasm to get angry about the situation any more.

Whatever happens will happen....I'll find something else to do when United games are on.

Last edited:
Back