ENDOSKULL T-800 SCRACTHS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terminator 101

Freakzoid
Reaction score
A number of people who have received they’re T-800 Endoskull at the Statue forum are complaining of receiving these’s skulls with scratches on them. They are doubting Sideshow QC, if any? Is there a problem with its packaging? Are you aware of this? Are you putting it right?

Heres a link to all the problems and complaints. (Scroll through the pages). https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=1315650#post1315650

Also some people hating the rainbow effect on this item, any chance of removing it?

I ordered this on Sunday, before it was declared "Backordered". It's Thursday, no credit card charge, no shipping email.

Are there no more to go around without defects?

I heard about the rainbow, but was not aware of the scratches. Since I'm about to receive one of these great busts from SSC soon, these questions really intrigue me.

Still no comment from any one from Sideshow?

Heres a pic of one example of what people are receiving due to poor QC and poor packaging: Picture not of mine, and will send back if i receive one like this.

IMG_6106-01.jpg
[/QUOTE][/IMG]

It looks like SS knows about the widespread problems with these, and that's why most people have to wait until the 4th quarter to get theirs.

I think an overwhelming majority of these had quality problems.

I hope they'll wrap the new one with a soft tissue they other wise use when packing stuff.. And make sure the foam is not too big, so endo isn't moving around.

It looks like SS knows about the widespread problems with these, and that's why most people have to wait until the 4th quarter to get theirs.

I think an overwhelming majority of these had quality problems.

Gee... I received an invoice and word that mine is on it's way to the EU warehouse some time ago... I'm a bit frightened now...

Yes there is a way to get rid off the marks, but its not the greesy marks that are of concern, its the actul scrathes that are caused by packaging.

Yes, at a second glance, the markings in the picture above look as if they were scratches in clear coat, or packaging material that made marks in or on the coat or something... If mine will look like that, I'm afraid it is going back! I guess there's nothing that can spoil the fun of a chromed surface more than fat, visible scratches or marks!

Last edited:
just think of it as the "Battle Damaged" version! :D

sorry...couldn't help it. hope y'all get good ones.
Yes, I hope that too! And it's good to keep the humor! :D
I read over at StatueForum that the Endo's are packed in cling wrap to avoid contact with the packaging material. So, I guess SSC was listening and reacted. No surprize actually, since they always try to make the best out of it for their fans & customers. Great!

Well I received my T-800 Endo bust yesterday here in the UK and its going back to Sideshow. The fact that you could hear the skull thudding around inside the polystyrene box didn't fill me with much confidence. After getting it out I noticed that it had a dent on the front corner of the plaque, the chrome finish on top of the skull had become dulled due to constant rubbing against the yellow paper that was meant to protect it and there were large skuffs on all the surfaces like the cheekbones etc. They ranged from small marks which may have polished out, to large deep scratches that made me wonder how it passed QC. Also the CPU cover for the skull had come apart into 2 pieces as the glue they used wasn't up to the job of joining 2 shiney surfaces together.
I can't understand how they possibly thought this was adequate packaging for such a fragile surface finish. It needs to be wrapped in a low friction material and then secured firmly to prevent movement.
I asked for my money back, I'll wait until this open ended run is a bit cheaper and Sideshow decide to package them properly.

I'm very sorry to hear that Kes... Mine arrived yesterday, and it's fine. It was fixed firmly in the styrofoam. There are a few minor scratches on top of the head, and on the sides, but they are hardly noticeable. Since so many people have issues with their endoskull, I keep checking mine for flaws, and bad scratches, but I can't find any. If my endo goes back in the box, I'll make sure he's wrapped in a soft non scratching material, so he stays as beautiful as he is!
My outer box was badly damaged though. A big gaping hole... This never happened to me before. Since I keep my boxes, and like them to be in prime condition, i wonder if I should ask SSC for a replacement box.

Cant beleive Sideshow has been so poor in this issue, and yet no one from sideshow have left a comment here to explain? A lot of people are returning them for replacments or refunds, i just hope they dont send those ones back out to different customers, and fix the dam problem, fire there QC and re-package the dam thing already!

Hi, could anyone tell me if this is normal? Looks kind like dirt or something:confused:

Those brown stains? I guess so. My endo has got them, and I know several other collectors have them too. It's part of the look. This has been brought up somewhere... Replica prop forum? Can't remember. I think it's supposed to be a kind of patina, giving the skull 'some ware'. I don't mind it. Looks like smeared oil. Cool, if it is done right, not to blatantly that is. Yours looks ok to me. The scratches on your Endo are far more annoying I think.

Okai, thanks! Do you think I could remove the scratches with something?

Back