[ELVIS1976 | custom work] • 1/1 PROTON PACK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ELVIS1976 custom's (Marvel, DC, Movies) JIM LEE BATMAN - DREDD 3D - ROY BATTY

Very impressed with Batty! Blood looks very realistic. That's easily the best Batty I have seen. Incredible job, Seb. :clap

Re: ELVIS1976 custom's (Marvel, DC, Movies) JIM LEE BATMAN - DREDD 3D - ROY BATTY

Finished Jim Lee BATMAN

P1060431_zps2bd9dfaa.jpg

A bit more weathering added on DREDD and I also made the collar.

P1060434_zps225f8b92.jpg

P1060435_zps768e8766.jpg

P1060436_zps87eb9691.jpg

Best Jim Lee Batman around in 1/6 scale, my friend! I knew that Medicom had potential in the right hands, but out of the box it was terrible mostly because of the torso and legs which you have modded to perfection! Love the Judge Dredd too! Finally got around to seeing the film recently and this certainly captures the movie version perfectly too!

Yeah, I think that might be my favourite Batman so far. Excellent work!

Thanks man, this is one of my favourite atm but i'm always syaing that when I finish a new one.

P1060431_zps2bd9dfaa.jpg

I love you and everything you make.:love

You've definitely finally mastered the comic batman (and those who worked on the elements) this is the ONLY 1/6 figure based off a comic (as in purely comic style and not based off real world interpretations as you so often do masterfully) that I feel eliminates any eliment of silliness to the overall look (that's not to say there aren't elements of awesomeness in all of the past purely comic based customs). But I often feel they fall short in a way that brings too much realism into too much stylization that just sort of looks odd.

But this batman I'd be proud to own. That being said Tony or whoever did the suit should have done the trunks as a separate layer to go over the gray tights. The very visable stitching of where the two connect goes a long way to distracting from the overall look. If that were not an issue I could honestly call this a perfect figure.

You've definitely finally mastered the comic batman (and those who worked on the elements) this is the ONLY 1/6 figure based off a comic (as in purely comic style and not based off real world interpretations as you so often do masterfully) that I feel eliminates any eliment of silliness to the overall look (that's not to say there aren't elements of awesomeness in all of the past purely comic based customs). But I often feel they fall short in a way that brings too much realism into too much stylization that just sort of looks odd.

But this batman I'd be proud to own. That being said Tony or whoever did the suit should have done the trunks as a separate layer to go over the gray tights. The very visable stitching of where the two connect goes a long way to distracting from the overall look. If that were not an issue I could honestly call this a perfect figure.

Thanks Ray, that is probably my tenth or more custom Batman, I guess you make and learn from your past mistakes.

I tried to keep the figure as simple as possible and decided to stay as close to the original material as I could.

The base figure is the latest jim lee Batman, however the base figure was horribly cheap out of the box and I had to frankenstein the body a lot and reworked pretty much everything.

You're right about the trunck though, that is probably something I will change in the future.

Re: ELVIS1976 custom's (Marvel, DC, Movies) JIM LEE BATMAN - JOHN MATRIX - DREDD 3D

The colour difference on the legs isn't noticeable in hands, it's just the pics I believe. :)

Cool must be because its lit from above and the legs are in the shadow.
Gotta try this myself someday, nice deckard aswell;)

As always,Amazing batman,Seb. :lol:

I love his base.
Where'd that come from?

That Jim Lee bats is too die for! Can't see my keyboard for drool :thud:

Awesome job on Batty! Not sure how many you've made of him already, but I think this is definitely the best... I wasn't a fan of the sculpt when I saw it on the full figure; but here it looks spot on :rock

Hey Seb, sorry if this has been asked already, but how did you attach the Medi torso to the HT legs on your Hush Batman custom?

Back