eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noticed this a short while back but never brought it up. Small discrepancy on Thor's hammer. I wonder if this is just the proto or if the actual prop replica we get will have those 2 screws at the bottom.

r4sAy.jpg

Just fot the set of cards! Just wondering, since it's my first time ordering from BBTS, is the $2 upgrade to collectors' grade worth it (in the case of this set of cards)?

The reason I get the collector's grade ones for like one of a kind props or Hot Toys is my first couple orders I got through them I did standard and the extremes of the condition can get pretty out there my TFA Cap box looks like complete garbage it looks like it was squeezed together on both sides and another looks like it was dropped on its corner from like 50 feet so $2 dollars to spend to know either A) the item has been cared for or B) a nice collectors box or something will be perfect when you get it. I look at it as a really cheap insurance plan :lol

The reason I get the collector's grade ones for like one of a kind props or Hot Toys is my first couple orders I got through them I did standard and the extremes of the condition can get pretty out there my TFA Cap box looks like complete garbage it looks like it was squeezed together on both sides and another looks like it was dropped on its corner from like 50 feet so $2 dollars to spend to know either A) the item has been cared for or B) a nice collectors box or something will be perfect when you get it. I look at it as a really cheap insurance plan :lol

That's kinda true...after reading abt your story I'm really contemplating upgrading to Collectors' grade as I wanna display the cards with the packaging that BBTS showed.

Noticed this a short while back but never brought it up. Small discrepancy on Thor's hammer. I wonder if this is just the proto or if the actual prop replica we get will have those 2 screws at the bottom.

r4sAy.jpg

Isn't the hammer on the right from the Thor movie? The detail on the grip is different as well.

Isn't the hammer on the right from the Thor movie? The detail on the grip is different as well.

Nah, they're both Avengers Mjolnirs

It frustrates me that they changed handle on Mjolnir, the costume i get, Thor wanted new threads so he get dear old step mum to sew so some new digs

But then they grab the lil' elves and are like, 'couldet thousteth changeth myeth hammereth handlee- eth eth'

Elves, dismayed that their previous work is not appreciated ask why?

Thor replies, 'merchendising baby'

r4sAy.jpg

Thats kind of glaring, you'd think they wouldn't put it out like that, but.... :dunno

Can anyone who ordered the poster Captain America - Tour cancelled or the poster Captain America - Cap salutes you, tell me what the measurement is of the strip at the bottom of the poster underneath the blue line or underneath 'see your local post office'? I need to know what size frame I should buy. I'd like to order one of the posters and a frame today. Thanks for the help.

Seems pretty simple to me they cheaped out and used screws to hold the end cap on instead if whatever the movie effects guys did. Other then the screws it is the same design, but of course it would make sense for Norse Gods to use Home Depot Special screws in their mystical Hammers

Seems pretty simple to me they cheaped out and used screws to hold the end cap on instead if whatever the movie effects guys did. Other then the screws it is the same design, but of course it would make sense for Norse Gods to use Home Depot Special screws in their mystical Hammers

It could be that the stunt had the screws on the bottom and the hero prop had the correct cap we see in the image.

Regardless, they should have know what would look better aesthetically. They could have easily hidden the screws with a "snap on" bottom.

Regardless, they should have know what would look better aesthetically. They could have easily hidden the screws with a "snap on" bottom.

But the whole point is to have an exact replica of the stunt. If they're advertising an idealized prob I would have a problem with the screws showing but since this is a replica of a stunt, I want an exact replica. 100%

But the whole point is to have an exact replica of the stunt. If they're advertising an idealized prob I would have a problem with the screws showing but since this is a replica of a stunt, I want an exact replica. 100%

Uh, no. They should have his the screws. Period.

With the screw showings, it looks amateur and not a high end collectible

Back