Eaglemoss Marvel and DC figurines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lead figures - are they safe?

So today I did a test. I bought a 3m Lead kit and scrubed it on one of my eaglemoss figures and on Hot toys IM mark 6 figure. well it seems neither of them show positive for lead. I was like wtf single the eaglemoss are casted on lead, so i scrub the thingy on the lead stuff they have to test and it tested positive (turned red) which means that whatever it is, the eaglemoss figures Lead is somehow unexposed to people as it wasnt detected by the tester. and I comfirmed at least that the Mark 6 is not painted with lead paint (since its comes from a HK based company and manufactured in China, u never know).
Just wanted to post it since it was a curious detail.

So today I did a test. I bought a 3m Lead kit and scrubed it on one of my eaglemoss figures and on Hot toys IM mark 6 figure. well it seems neither of them show positive for lead. I was like wtf single the eaglemoss are casted on lead, so i scrub the thingy on the lead stuff they have to test and it tested positive (turned red) which means that whatever it is, the eaglemoss figures Lead is somehow unexposed to people as it wasnt detected by the tester. and I comfirmed at least that the Mark 6 is not painted with lead paint (since its comes from a HK based company and manufactured in China, u never know).
Just wanted to post it since it was a curious detail.

Just as I suspected and mentioned earlier. The paint seals the lead, preventing lead exposure.

Just as I suspected and mentioned earlier. The paint seals the lead, preventing lead exposure.

Will do more testings soon with other Eaglemoss and in small paint chip areas to see if it makes a difference.

Re: Eaglemoss Marvel and DC figurines- are they safe?

Further testing comfirms that the lead on the figures is either not high enough (over 0.02%) to be detected by the tests (2 diff brands) OR is covered and sealed by the paint the company used.
nevertheless, I will touch up some of the figurines paints, since they are hand painted, sometimes paint cracks and paint missing in areas is present, thus I'll apply small amount of paint there and then apply either glossy or non glossy sealer, this way even way less lead will ever be exposed.
So, good news for all the collectors of these figures who were concerned and good news for all those who were concerned and wanted to start the collection.

Further testing comfirms that the lead on the figures is either not high enough (over 0.02%) to be detected by the tests (2 diff brands) OR is covered and sealed by the paint the company used.
nevertheless, I will touch up some of the figurines paints, since they are hand painted, sometimes paint cracks and paint missing in areas is present, thus I'll apply small amount of paint there and then apply either glossy or non glossy sealer, this way even way less lead will ever be exposed.
So, good news for all the collectors of these figures who were concerned and good news for all those who were concerned and wanted to start the collection.

How do you match the colour of the skin tone. I have now have a couple that could use touch ups.

How do you match the colour of the skin tone. I have now have a couple that could use touch ups.

Believe me I am the least expert when it comes to painting and types of paint to get.
I am talking about touching up on blue, yellow, purple and other clothing areas lmao.
skin, I guess you have to get a skin tone paint from a hobby shop, then just mix it with pink or white or stuff like that to get the right tone.:1-1:

I know what you mean. I have set aside this 2k to buy most of the avengers pre order and the two fair exclusives @ sideshow.
I have also extra money to buy other HT but having a 2k minus that was gonna be used for HT, could mean a blow to potential figures, at least 6-8 HT or perhaps more depending.
on the Eagle Moss. my main concern was and still is the LEAD. Im scared but I really like the looks of the figures. Also it is a good deal, but the guy selling it is having a hard time selling them anyways for over 2k. which means I also would have a hard time if i would like to part with them once I have them for a while, as I believe there are more HT collectors than Eaglemoss.
so there, thats my confusion. but your post is of great advice.

My times have changed..

Been a while, but I purchased a lord of the rings lead figure and the base is cracked, what glue would be the best and safest to use on it and does this increase the lead risk as there may be particles released from the crack maybe? Thanks

Back