Dye a 1/6 body Question???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's something I wanted to try. You can paint them, there are ways, but that's tedious, so I wanted to try dying, yet not ruin an expensive body.

So I thought, since it's silicon, let's try dyeing some cured, flesh colored silicon. Well, nada! I left some for 24h in a bath of dye and it was still the original color when I took it out. So unless someone chimes in with a great idea, I'd say it can't be done...:(

Phicen bodies or rubber bodies won't dye. I tried it many times and it doesn't work at all.

I dye quiet a few TTM19 bodies and Kaustic Plastik bodies and those can be dye without a problem.
In order to dye those bodies you have to add Acetone in your dye mix.
Those works cause it's plastic and vinyl.

But rubber bodies forget the dye.

It's something I wanted to try. You can paint them, there are ways, but that's tedious, so I wanted to try dying, yet not ruin an expensive body.

So I thought, since it's silicon, let's try dyeing some cured, flesh colored silicon. Well, nada! I left some for 24h in a bath of dye and it was still the original color when I took it out. So unless someone chimes in with a great idea, I'd say it can't be done...:(

Yea, I didn't wan't to dye them without doing a little research first.... Thanks 16k!

Phicen bodies or rubber bodies won't dye. I tried it many times and it doesn't work at all.

I dye quiet a few TTM19 bodies and Kaustic Plastik bodies and those can be dye without a problem.

Looks like I'll stick to dye'ng the kaustik bodies... Thanks for the knowledge Elvis!

Do you mean like adding nail polish acetone remover? Also how much acetone would you add to an 8oz bottle of Rit dye? ...I'm a newbie to this :)

I saw this youtube once where they heated the dye to near boiling point then dipped rubber parts into the dye. I think it was rubber rings so not sure how it would go with a body but it seemed to work. Obviously you need to be careful with hot liquid and rubber but repeated dipping seemed to work.

Okay guys and girls... Fiebing's Leather Oil dye. Apply and then use rubbing alchohol. Let dry.

Back