1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

The facial likeness has grown on me but I basically still have the same peeves I originally did - Duke Nukem hair and mini-mullet at the back, grenades seem too small, head-body proportions don't look improved from MMS117 and forearms seem too long in relation to the upper.

credit goes to mwctoys.com

sdcc2012_sideshow_hottoys_4.jpg

sdcc2012_sideshow_hottoys_6.jpg

looking fantastic and hope to be able to replace some parts at my mms version :)

Without as much hair on the sides, the ears appear to stick out a bit much. I'd like to see how thick the neck looks when the figure is facing forward. A shot of the back of the head would be good too.

Forearms look fine to me. The headsculpt is oddly proportioned though, almost like it was warped. :dunno

It could be glass distorting it? But it's like Arnie's doing a Godfather impression and stuffed a load of cotton balls in his mouth.

Without as much hair on the sides, the ears appear to stick out a bit much. I'd like to see how thick the neck looks when the figure is facing forward. A shot of the back of the head would be good too.

All of this :lecture

Kind of bugs me that they insist that every T-800 figure must be able to wear sunglasses whether its accurate or not. If the hair were thicker on the sides you wouldn't have the sticky outty ears. Forgot to mention the horse neck in my list of peeves too.

But on the plus side I'd say it does look good overall despite my peeve list and the eyes look good. Hopefully the eyeliner effect doesn't materialise on the final product because I think movable eyes could be really cool on Arnie. He does act with his eyes a lot as the Terminator.

Forearms look fine to me.

Its something I've always thought about HT figures especially on figures with gloved hands - the forearm being too long. If you look at his upper arm in the most recent pics it seems like either he has no shoulder or he has very short biceps. The bend of the elbow appears to start in the wrong place, should be a little lower. Maybe its not the forearm being too short then but the upper arm not being long enough. Anyway maybe its just me. Theres things other people are seeing that I'm not seeing.

Thanks bro!
Didn't see that. :hi5:
Not a problem mate!!

It does look good, that barney ross looks like a kit bash though, whats up with that? make chuck norris or old man arnie, not the same barney ross in another outfit....
Agreed. A re-used head with rather naff looking clothes! Anyway since I saw this picture i've seen him in his tactical gear, it looks awesome, but i'll be passing if they don't do other characters from the film this time. He's too similar to the first version to bother unless he has companions :lol

looks jowlley almost bulldogish
He does. I'm not really keen on the sculpt on this but the overall package is badass. I'll have to see if I can afford him.

This is the only HT’s that I am excited about at this point. I admit I am not head over heels about it like I was with Jack Sparrow or Indiana Jones.
I hope something surprises me at SDCC that I fall in love with (ie Penguin) But we know that it is scheduled for December....

So Far

Crazy about figure: 0
Would Like to own: DX T-800 & Sideshow Vader
Everything else: Pass (you can hear the savings)

Pic looks good- HUGE improvement over original..hope he gets here in October!

This one is looking good with all the accessories.
I need to get this on my shelf.

It really does look slightly better than the first T-800. :yess: It's the same proto we've all seen before with the PERS hair gap, but I'm sure the production version will address that issue.

[ame]https://youtu.be/Flkhw00bP9c[/ame]

It looks good in that video. I like the side view. At the back you've got that visible seam where the hair comes off but thats unavoidable, long as theres no gaping holes I'll deal.

So after months of going back and forth, seeing the figure at SDCC made me finally decide to pull the trigger on this guy!

Can't wait to display him with the mini-gun ready to go.

there are many figures that i am on the fence on but this is a must have. jacket looks great.

It always seems to be new must some how mean it's much better, but I don't think it's the case at all with this new sculpt. The old sculpt is closer to how Arnie Looked in 1991 (Especially around the jaw line)
New sculpt (Because of the jaw) looks too young, I'd say 7 to 8 years too young

102564-terminator_2_013.jpg
20100104_1e9b83a35f68b8fadc365uIyOzTtr8hg.jpg

sdcc2012_sideshow_hottoys_6.jpg
Terminator1.jpg

Back