1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i recieved the Tech Noir jacket and vest in perfect condition so indeed an unfortunate incident for you A-Dev.

Has he responded yet?

My HT T2 "catching up" phase has finally come to an end with the acquisition of this figure.

I have to say that after reading and seeing some of the negative comments and pics regarding the sculpt, I was really surprised to find it pretty good, actually.

I do recognize the "young" look in certain lighting, as well as the issue with the PERS but it's not a deal-breaker at all. At normal viewing distances, it looks very good. This is definitely one of those head sculpts that doesn't photograph well.

a-dev, I do see your reference to a "silverback" when viewing the sculpt profile but I will definitely not be displaying him that way.

Pics to follow.

Ah so you found one of my 1000+ posts on the issue!

I won't go on again, instead I'll resurrect some of the better shots I was able to take over the years:

For all it gets wrong there are some ways in which this sculpt is better than the others.

All geared up and ready to blow up Cyberdyne. The neck still looks crap there, really lacking in muscle or skin surface detail but what can ye do.

yep those were great photos.
love your modified endoarm, should have done the same but they are so rare today, and i don't want to ruin the only remaining i have.

yep those were great photos.
love your modified endoarm, should have done the same but they are so rare today, and i don't want to ruin the only remaining i have.

Yeah, it compromised the internal accuracy of the endo-arm but I just couldn't tolerate it being noticeably longer than his human arm. I've done that mod twice - the other one is this:

Ah so you found one of my 1000+ posts on the issue!

:rotfl Yep, but it's definitely an issue.

Fantastic photos. You definitely captured "Arnold" in those portrait shots. Love the last one. Classic elevator shot.

Before I go popping off his head sculpt (and I know it's probably answered many times) but can the DX13 sculpt fit on the DX10 body?

Yeah, it compromised the internal accuracy of the endo-arm but I just couldn't tolerate it being noticeably longer than his human arm. I've done that mod twice - the other one is this:

yeah i loved that one as well. even thought about copying it, but then ended up with making an already torn off hand.

Before I go popping off his head sculpt (and I know it's probably answered many times) but can the DX13 sculpt fit on the DX10 body?
sorry but i have a question - why would you need that?
(your question would probably be answered long before i get home and try it with spare heads and bodies)

The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of picking up a spare DX10 body and would like to use the semi-damaged DX13 head sculpt.

blasphemer.

anyway i found this:

Here is some more pictures of my "semi" custom DX13 clean head

Here is it next the Semi BD head

Head1_zpsa1ae3dbe.jpg

and again

Head2_zps5dd3f3e8.jpg

here it is on the DX10 body the movement of the head is very restricted body

Head3_zps22aac11c.jpg

and here it is next to the DX10 head

Head5_zps71d0bff2.jpg

it still needs a bit more work but it's getting there . I'll buy another dx13 body when I can afford it and remove the bullet holes in his neck for the complete clean look.

there is a resculpted DX13 head on a DX10 body on one of the photos and a comment "here it is on the DX10 body the movement of the head is very restricted body" which doesn't sound good i think.

another one!

I was recommended to post this here as well, maybe it will inspire others to try it out.

I made myself a DX13 using my original T800 :)

I purchased the jacket, head sculpt and hand from Toy Anxiety for $75. I then separated the robotic hand to make it look like the DX13 battle damaged arm.

I then cut a hole in the grey shirt and placed a printed picture of the battle damaged chest piece underneath, ghetto but works! :)

The DX13 head is much bigger than the original T800 head, but it's not that noticeable in person.

tezupa4y.jpg
sypyzyzu.jpg

I also added the DX10 base. This figure is all over the place lol

blasphemer.

anyway i found this...

:rotfl

Thanks for the pics, P. It appears like a bobble-head in some shots, though. I can't believe that the DX13 head makes the DX10 neck look tiny...

By the way, Here are a couple of crappy pics.

The first one is horribly cropped but I like how the DX10's head sculpt came out in this angle and lighting:

DX10 d.jpg

Here's a group shot of my last three T-2 figure acquisitions:

DX10 c.jpg

Disclaimer: Yeah, yeah, I know he's holding the mini-gun too low... Need to pose it higher... :wink1:

thought i'd need to explain myself for that
phew_zpshepprii1.gif~original

Thanks for the pics, P. It appears like a bobble-head in some shots, though. I can't believe that the DX13 head makes the DX10 neck look tiny...
i'm shocked as well when i saw those photos. though now i know why MMS238 head looked good on a DX13 body without neck mods. don't remember who did it but it looked good. tried to google "mms238 head on dx13 body" - wow, pics are mostly our own pictures from sideshowfreaks, but still don't see those ones.

p.s. i also saw people putting MMS238 head on some body called KP02 body and it looked good. DX13 head is slightly smaller so it will look good on that body, too.

Had an extra KP-02, tried it out on that body. Fixes the neck issue and the thunder thighs are gone. Easy alternative if you are so inclined and have an extra KP body lying around.

The Terminator

5564f82b-0ee4-4af8-8ebd-4569c0331820.jpg

Swapped body to a KP02. It's gigantic neck works for once.

Anyone have any good clear pics of the post tanker damage? Need to work on that one.

:rotfl
Disclaimer: Yeah, yeah, I know he's holding the mini-gun too low... Need to pose it higher... :wink1:
T1000.gif

Evilface's figure looks fantastic there.

As for the DX-10, I'm almost afraid of touching it, now that it's all posed with the mini-gun. That ammo bag strap keeps sliding off of his right shoulder if I just look at it too long...

Seeing that resculpted DX 13, he kinda reminds me of a white Muhammad Ali.

Quick question guys. Would you say $200 is an ok price for this, Back in Box?

At long as it's in good condition, yes. PERS are wonky, but I personally think it looks great with the glasses on.

Back