1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I shall!
76ku76ki.gif

Here's some pics of the hair modding I've been trying on a spare DX10 head. Before I start I should note that I'm not the first person to do this particular mod - Shadowfla did it ages ago, he has since been banned for unrelated reasons. I feel that overall it reduces the 'Enterbay' look to the hair and that big silverback gorilla cranial-hump towards the back of the head.

I have deliberately left the cut hair unpainted just to make it clearer what I have done.

In the following pic you can see its less puffy from this angle than it is on the stock head. The other side though is still kinda puffy - the puffiness is sculpted into the rear hairpiece, nothing to be done about it really. It did lessen it slightly but not particularly much.

As you can see it involves ****ing up the inside of the head. However the chip-removal feature is externally unaffected. (see last pic this post)

What I learned from this is that I didn't need to break the PERS, all I had to do was shorten the joystick. At least I'm pretty sure that would have sufficed. I also shaved off too much of the plastic innards that help to secure the rear hair piece in place. Lastly in one or two areas I cut too much of his hair, creating little gaps when the rear hair piece goes - on a flash photograph would light up inside his head.

Last edited:
I then did something else. It looks a bit rough, and it is, but this being a test subject head I didn't mind so much - this is kind of like me photoshopping - just showing people where I think could be improved.

I don't like the way HT had his hair tucking quite so much under his ears, its not accurate, and so I cut little pieces off a muscle body to fit - ideally these would be sculpted additions but I can't do that...

What I would also do is fill in (add to the sculpt) under his chin and higher up his jaw to get rid of, or at least lessen, these ****ing gaps!
Stock head-

Last edited:
a-dev
you've screwed both the figure and the effect you wanted to achieve perfectly :clap

Well, I've screwed a spare headsculpt is all. But screwed? I know the thing below the ear looks a bit bad because of what it is but the point is to illustrate what is off about the profile on the DX10 head. You don't agree that the hair is a bit silly on the stock head?

Well, I've screwed a spare headsculpt is all. But screwed? I know the thing below the ear looks a bit bad because of what it is but the point is to illustrate what is off about the profile on the DX10 head. You don't agree that the hair is a bit silly on the stock head?
the profile itself is dead now. and your screenshots from the movie show it perfectly. the profile did remind the movie variant, now it reminds 117 with its ape skull.
the hairy ear thing is well-thought, i must check the construction myself later when i'm finally at home. but i won't touch the skull shape itself exactly after that example )

the profile itself is dead now. and your screenshots from the movie show it perfectly. the profile did remind the movie variant, now it reminds 117 with its ape skull.
the hairy ear thing is well-thought, i must check the construction myself later when i'm finally at home. but i won't touch the skull shape itself exactly after that example )

Strange, I thought of either of the two mods you must have not liked the 'under the ear thing'. So you actually like the Enterbay-type puffy hair on this?

Also strange that you now call it an ape skull (with mod) where I think the profile of the stock head is reminiscent of a silverback gorilla's prominent cranial hump.

As much as you don't like the mms117 sculpt anymore, you can see here it captures the side profile a lot better than the dx10

MMS117sideprofile010_zpsfcfbea2b.jpg

MMS117sideprofile011_zps7a3622f0.jpg

Agreed, absolutely Skull. The jaw looks better too. They cut too much of it away on DX10 to facilitate that ridiculous neck.

Here's another shot that shows the back of his being a bit more flat and vertical, not quite so puffy and sticky outty on the crown like DX10-

I still like the dx10 for what it is, but as more and more time goes on I hate the execution they did on this figure, too much was scarified on realism to add gimmicks like pers, chip removal, and real leather. A great likeness was ruined by pers hatch, the worn leather look is gone, Its a real shame.

I am interested to see your completed mods on your dx10, be sure to post pics of it completed.

Btw how far along are to with your t-1 police shootout?

Damn, that looks hideous. I'm sorry, but the face being so completely off, the shape of the back of the head is pretty inconsequential compared to the DX10.

To each there own, I find the giant seam on the dx10 hideous as well as the elongated cranium and the horrible connection to the neck with gaps that appear when you tilt the head and not to meantion the thick eye lids. When you team those issue with the brand new leathers its not a great release. To me those are not inconsequential, the mms117 may not be a perfect likeness but when compared to those issues its the better choice out of the two for me.

I still come down on BMD's side but I agree with every one of Skull's issues with DX10, and I am becoming increasingly frustrated by the ways in which it went backwards.

Its a strange thing. As far as quantity of problems I think DX10 has more than MMS117. Its just that 117s issue is a more important likeness thing IMO.

It's definitely not perfect, but I'll take likeness with gaps and hair shape issues over a nicer sculpt of someone else.

That's cool man, I don't hold it against you, the dx10 is still a cool figure and I still like mine too. It will make a perfect companion piece for the dx13 which seams to be based on that sculpt.

At time of release I was actually praising the dx10 over the mms117, mainly due to the better likeness, but over time the issues with it have started to bother me, strait on it looks great but then the illusion is lost when viewing it from the side. Yes most people display there figure facing forward, me included, however a figure is not a painting, not a 2D piece of art, its a 3 dimentional sculpture of sorts, something that should look the part from all angles.

Nether figure is perfect, both are cool and folks are free to like which ever they prefer.

That's cool man, I don't hold it against you, the dx10 is still a cool figure and I still like mine too. It will make a perfect companion piece for the dx13 which seams to be based on that sculpt.

At time of release I was actually praising the dx10 over the mms117, mainly due to the better likeness, but over time the issues with it have started to bother me, strait on it look great but then the illusion is lost when viewing it from the side. Yes most people display there figure facing forward, me included, however a figure is not a painting, not a 2D piece of art, its a 3 dimentional sculpture od sorts, something that should look the part from all angles.

Nether figure is perfect, both are cool and folks are free to like which ever they prefer.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

I was actually a bit annoyed by what a video interview with Chan and HT sculptors seemed to say about them using only very few photographs to base a sculpt on. I think TFG posted it in the MM136 thread about 2 weeks ago. Just, if that's really the case, its no wonder their sculpts can be off. If I were sculpting I would use a ****tonne of pics of the actor from every possible angle. Every angle is important to a likeness, not just the front.

Back