1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol:lol:lol

I love it. I mean I hate it, damn. Just look at that. They must have been out of time on this because I can't see how they could look at that and think it looks fine. :dunno

The bulkiness of that neck, the lack of muscle-sculpting detail, or any surface detail like painted veins or anything. Its just a big cylindrical trunk with the head plopped on top. Not to mention the gap under the ear, made worse if you tilt the head (y'know, the reason y'all want these ball-joints, for puppy dog head tilts)

Also that puffy Enterbay-esque silverback gorilla cranium should have been flattened a bit. (I'm working on that by the way, good result so far on a headsculpt I bought explicitly for experimentation)

:lol

Yeah it just looks so unreal, so out of place and just one huge cluster****.

Any WIP pictures of the experimentation?

I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow. I want to see if I can do something to inspire Rorywan* into some DX10 head-modding. What I'm doing will be caveman stuff compared to his work. And he can do resculpting, repainting, PERS improvement, anything this head could need. Though unfortunately I doubt anything can be done about the skin coloured cylinder they call a neck.

*https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132524

I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow. I want to see if I can do something to inspire Rorywan* into some DX10 head-modding. What I'm doing will be caveman stuff compared to his work. And he can do resculpting, repainting, PERS improvement, anything this head could need. Though unfortunately I doubt anything can be done about the skin coloured cylinder they call a neck.

*https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132524

Yeah I have seen Rorywan's work and to be blunt it is awesome. Although he looks really backed up at the moment so it may take a while.

Still be nice to see your attempt at it a-dev but as you say that neck is deformed for life.

What I have in mind would improve the profile view of the head-sculpt - hair reshaping to reduce the silverback gorilla 'hump' of a cranium HT gave him. I would also, if I could, add more flesh area under the chin - I think HT cut off too much here (moreso than they did on the MMS117 sculpt) and I would add flesh under and behind the ears. HT have his hair tucking perfectly behind and under the ears and it looks a bit silly (what I call the mini-mullet). Any given screengrab of his profile will show that his hair doesn't tend to do that, you can see his skin in that area

All very an @ l retentive I know but all these little things, when they're wrong, do put us in a situation like we have here where people are so divided between the MMS117 and DX10. If all these little things were right you'd have more of a consensus on which is the better sculpt.

IMG-20130815-01378_zps6445d290.jpg
38a44e8aff5f640580d4e9312eec4c501c539782.jpg

no veins!

Also that puffy Enterbay-esque silverback gorilla cranium should have been flattened a bit. (I'm working on that by the way, good result so far on a headsculpt I bought explicitly for experimentation)

Taking photos of this now. Have to say though so far I'm disappointed, they really aren't showing the difference that I think it makes in person. I'm not sure people will even know what I've done.

=

Just figured out tonight what DX10's neck reminds me of ^ the ****ing Minotaur from Sinbad: Eye of the Tiger. The erectness of the neck, the bulkiness of it, the way the head rests on it. Yes the hilarity of that sentence is not lost on me.

Last edited:

=

Just figured out tonight what DX10's neck reminds me of ^ the ****ing Minotaur from Sinbad: Eye of the Tiger. The erectness of the neck, the bulkiness of it, the way the head rests on it. Yes the hilarity of that sentence is not lost on me.

:lol

Give the Minotaur some leathers, a pair of shades and a Shotgun and you have a DX10.

Back